Possible Dedicated Server Hosting Advantages and Disadvantages
There are various users who are new to the hosting arena who only have a gist about what dedicated server hosting is. For better knowledge, they need to find out about dedicated server hosting advantages and disadvantages.
This is what we are here to explain. If you are here for the merits and demerits of hosting a dedicated server, then you already know what it is.
To jog your memory, dedicated hosting means having a physical server which is independent and hosts a single website only. Users pay for the entire server and the resources are not shared with anybody else, only the user paying for it can use them.
Now, about the pros and cons of dedicated hosting.
Well, there are many benefits and drawbacks of having a dedicated server which is why we have mentioned the major ones are that make it worth spending your time and money on.
To help people with making this decision about hosing, a list of what dedicated server is known for is given below:
- High-up websites
- High-up web apps
- Sites dealing with sensitive information
- Safe monetary transactions
- Machine Learning
- Game Server hosting
- Backup & Storage services
- Online Streaming
Dedicated Server Hosting Advantages and Disadvantages Listed Below
Since you all know what a dedicated server is, we would like to introduce you to our hosting services.
We are a leading company with a Tier-3 data center to provide splendid services with our fully managed dedicated server for Windows and Linux hosting.
Robust server and infrastructure solutions are provided including all the updates, backups, maintenance, disaster recovery, server optimization, patching, etc.
Complete customer support is provided with affordable price plans and DDoS protection so that your site stays up even if there is any disastrous situation.
Now, the pros and cons of dedicated hosting.
- High Performance: With dedicated server hosting, because all of the sources are used only by you and all the services that you have paid for, the server stays more reliable. The uptime remains higher as 99.995% and the changes in traffic do not impact the website’s performance.
- Full Control: Since you are the sole user of the dedicated server, you also have full control over your server. There is a possibility to customize the server to meet your business needs wherein any additional software, applications or programs can be installed.
- Extensive Security: From the dedicated server hosting advantages and disadvantages, the merit of keeping the data safe is the best amongst all. Because you are the only one using the server, you do not have to be worried about any viruses or security threats to be brought to your site by others. Additional security measures are also provided to adapt the security measures.
- Support Provided: The nature of the sites that are hosted on the dedicated servers, there is a constant need for customer support if anything happens. For providing tech support to the users, we have our tech-team to keep the website updated, up, and running.
Demerits from the List of Pros and Cons of Dedicated Server
There are various benefits of using a dedicated server hosting but there are always certain cons that are associated with it.
- Technical Expertise: With dedicated hosting, everything needs to be handled by you. To be able to use the server, there is a need for technical knowledge in the server administration and management.
- Expensive: It is true that the dedicated server hosting can be more expensive if compared with shared hosting services. This change is because you are not sharing your server with anyone but yourself. Due to these dedicated server hosting advantages and disadvantages, not every time is it feasible for small business and startups.
- Flexibility and Scalability: With the scalability of a dedicated server comes a lot of difficulties because the machine is already huge when starting with the hosting. When the business grows, you may need to move to a larger server since extending your resources may not be the best.
Now that you know the merits and demerits of hosting a dedicated server, we should move to the end of this article.
It is important to learn all the dedicated server hosting advantages and disadvantages before deciding to host a server for the betterment of your business.
This hosting option can turn out to be a great one if your business deals with high-traffic and confidential information. You can choose the hosting solution which you think can meet your business requirements and is within your budget.