How to Disable VBA Project Password? Complete Guide
Summery: Are you also looking for multiple methods to disable VBA project password? Do you want to unlock VBA files? Are you searching for the best-automated tool to safely disable VBA passwords? Yes, then no need to worry now, you can explore this write-up. In this write-up, we are going to mention multiple ways to disable the VBA password.
Table of Content
Best Alternative Solution to Disable VBA Project Password
PCVITA Excel VBA Password Recovery Tool is recommended by professional experts. This tool allows you to crack VBA passwords in Excel 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, etc. It has a very easy-to-understand interface and can quickly reset the password of VBA project files. Download the best tool and learn about its ability to keep users working safely.
When working with an inactive VBA project file, the tool does not change any data in the file. Open VBA project files in the software’s own interface while maintaining data integrity. Ease of use for technical and non-technical users Here is a simple tool to unlock passwords in VBA. It is compatible with all current Windows operating systems and can be downloaded and installed.
- Users can unlock VBA passwords from Word, Excel, and Access files
- Supports removing VBA passwords from multiple and single VBA documents
- Allows to reset VBA password of any length
- Tool auto generates a new password and deletes the old one
- Software is compatible with MS Office and Windows OS
- Supports disabling VBA password from multiple file extensions like .mdb, .doc, .pptm, .xls, accdb, .potm, .xla, .dot, etc.
- The tool also displays the progress report
- Users can also remove PowerPoint VBA Password.
- Allows to remove VBA passwords from different file formats like .dotm, .xltm, .xlsb, .docm, etc.
The above-mentioned features are some of the prominent features of this tool. Users can opt for this method to remove VBA passwords project . But, if you want to try the free method then jump to the next segment of this blog.
Quick Steps to Break Password from VBA File
You just need to follow the given steps and complete the task without facing any problems.
- Install & Run the Software on Your System.
- Hit the “Add Files or Add Folder” option to insert the VBA password-protected files
- Choose the files which you want to save and hit the “Open” button
- If you have mistakenly added a file, then you can click on the “Remove or Remove All” option
- After all these steps, click on the “Reset” button
- When the procedure will be completed, the software will show a message as “Reset Process Completed Successfully”
Disable VBA Project Password via Manual Method
In this section, we are going to discuss three different ways to disable VBA password. But, before starting with the method, the user should follow some prerequisites.
Prerequisites of Manual Approach
- Enable the Macros to make .xlsm file extension as .xlsx file format.
- Create a backup of all the VBA files before starting the manual process.
Remove Password Protection from VBA Project Using Hex Editor
- Download and Open the Hex editor and create a new XLS file.
- Tap on the “Alt + F11” keys to set a password in the VBA field.
- After setting the password, save the file and exit.
- Open the newly created file and copy all the lines starting from CMG=…. / DPB=… / GC=…
- After copying the line, paste these lines into VBA password-protected files from which you want to disable the VBA password.
- Now, just save the file and hit the “Exit” button.
- Finally, you need to open any Excel file where you want to see the code and add the dummy password.
You can use the next method if you don’t want to install Hex Editor.
Unlock VBA Project Password Using Workbook Method
- The first step is to open the Workbook, where all the VBA password-protected files are saved.
- Authenticate all the sheets by pressing the “Alt + F11” keys together.
- Here, enter “Insert–Module” and paste the code.
- Open the workbook from where you want to disable the VBA password.
- After all these steps, you need to type “Tools–Macro–Macros”.
- In the end, just double-click on the “Password Breaker”.
These are the steps of the workbook method. Users can go with this method but, sometimes this method does not work. So, to remove password from VBA you can check out the last manual method in the next section.
Use WinZip / WinRar to Unlock VBA Password
- Firstly, change the .xlsm file extension to the .zip file format.
- Open the .zip file with WinZip / WinRar and click on the .xl folder
- Extract the vbaproject.bin file from the .xl folder.
- Open the extracted file with Hex Editor.
- After opening the file, search for the “DPB” file and replace this file with the “DPX” file and save it.
- Under the .zip file, replace the vbaproject.bin file with the newly saved file.
- Now, change the .zip format to the .xlsm file extension.
- Here, open the VBA in MS Excel and hit the “Tools” option.
- After this, choose the “VBA Project Properties” and hit the “Protection” option.
- Now, you need to add the new password and save the file in .xlsm file format.
- At last, just re–open the file by adding the new password.
In the above blog, we have mentioned both the manual and professional methods to disable VBA project passwords. We suggest users opt for the automated tool because it is safe, secure, and user-friendly. On the other hand, the manual solution is a bit confusing. It does not provide any guarantee to safely disable the VBA password.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How to remove password from VBA project?
Ans: 5 steps to unlock the VBA project password:
1: Download the Software.
2: Click Browse to Add the MS Office VBA project file.
3: Select the VBA file you want and click Next.
4: Browse to the destination folder to save the VBA file.
5 : Click on Reset and the show the password.
Q: Can I mass remove passwords from protected VBA projects?
Ans: Yes, there are no restrictions. This VBA password remover software allows you to remove passwords from an unlimited number of files without any problems.
Q: Can this tool remove multilingual passwords?
Yes, this VBA password remover software can easily crack multilingual passwords of any type and length.
Q: What are the limitations of the trial version?
Ans: A demo version of the tool that will reset an old password and generate a new password from VBA code. But only the first two characters of the newly created password will be displayed. The full version of the app can be fully restored, and even new VBA passwords can be created.