How to Disable VBA Project Password? Queries Solved
Are you also looking for multiple methods to disable VBA project password? Do you want to unlock VBA files? Are you searching for the best-automated tool to safely disable VBA passwords? Yes, then no need to worry now, you can explore this write-up. In this write-up, we are going to mention multiple ways to disable the VBA password.
Table of Contents
1. Automated Tool to Disable VBA Project Password
2. Key-Features of Professional Tool
3. Manual Approach:-
a. Use Hex Editor to Remove VBA Password
b. Workbook Method to Unlock VBA files
c. WinZip/ WinRar Software to Disable the VBA Password
4. Summing Up
Professional Tool to Disable VBA Project Password
Excel VBA Password Remover Software is the best solution to remove VBA passwords. This tool is safe to use. Users can easily disable VBA passwords by using this tool. Stay connected to this blog to know about the procedure to use this tool.
- Install & Run the Software.
- Hit the “Add Files or Add Folder” option to insert the VBA password-protected files
- Choose the files which you want to save and hit the “Open” button
- If you have mistakenly added a file, then you can click on the “Remove or Remove All” option
- After all these steps, click on the “Reset” button
- When the procedure will be completed, the software will show a message as “Reset Process Completed Successfully”
Key Features of This Software
- Users can disable VBA project passwords from Word, Excel, and Access files
- Supports removing VBA passwords from multiple and single VBA documents
- Allows to reset VBA password of any length
- Tool auto generates a new password and deletes the old one
- Software is compatible with MS Office and Windows OS
- Supports disabling VBA password from multiple file extensions like .mdb, .doc, .pptm, .xls, accdb, .potm, .xla, .dot, etc.
- The tool also displays the progress report
- Users can also remove PowerPoint VBA Password
- Allows to remove VBA passwords from different file formats like .dotm, .xltm, .xlsb, .docm, etc.
The above-mentioned features are some of the prominent features of this tool. Users can opt for this method to disable VBA project passwords. But, if you want to try the free method then jump to the next segment of this blog.
Disable VBA Project Password Manually
In this section, we are going to discuss three different ways to disable VBA password. But, before starting with the method, the user should follow some prerequisites.
Prerequisites of Manual Approach
- Enable the Macros to make .xlsm file extension as .xlsx file format.
- Create a backup of all the VBA files before starting the manual process.
Use Hex Editor to Disable VBA Project Password
- Download and open the Hex editor and create a new XLS file.
- Tap on the “Alt + F11” keys to set a password in the VBA field.
- After setting the password, save the file and exit.
- Open the newly created file and copy all the lines starting from CMG=…. / DPB=… / GC=…
- After copying the line, paste these lines into VBA password-protected files from which you want to disable the VBA password.
- Now, just save the file and hit the “Exit” button.
- Finally, you need to open any excel file where you want to see the code and add the dummy password.
You can use the next method if you don’t want to install Hex Editor.
Disable VBA Project Password using Workbook Method
- The first step is to open the Workbook, where all the VBA password-protected files are saved.
- Authenticate all the sheets by pressing the “Alt + F11” keys together.
- Here, enter “Insert-Module” and paste the code.
- Open the workbook from where you want to disable the VBA password.
- After all these steps, you need to type “Tools-Macro-Macros”.
- In the end, just double-click on the “Password Breaker”.
These are the steps of the workbook method. Users can go with this method but, sometimes this method does not work. So, to disable VBA project password you can check out the last manual method in the next section.
Use WinZip / WinRar to Disable VBA Password
- Firstly, change the .xlsm file extension to the .zip file format.
- Open the .zip file with WinZip / WinRar and click on the .xl folder
- Extract the vbaproject.bin file from the .xl folder.
Open the extracted file with Hex Editor.
- After opening the file, search for the “DPB” file and replace this file with the “DPX” file and save it.
- Under the .zip file, replace the vbaproject.bin file with the newly saved file.
- Now, change the .zip format to the .xlsm file extension.
- Here, open the VBA in MS Excel and hit the “Tools” option.
- After this, choose the “VBA Project Properties” and hit the “Protection” option.
- Now, you need to add the new password and save the file in .xlsm file format.
- At last, just re-open the file by adding the new password.
These three were the manual methods to disable VBA project passwords.
In the above blog, we have mentioned both the manual and professional methods to disable VBA project passwords. We suggest users opt for the automated tool because it is safe, secure, and user-friendly. On the other hand, the manual solution is a bit confusing. It does not provide any guarantee to safely disable the VBA password.