Easy and Simple Ways to Extract Contacts From Outlook OST File
Are you looking for a solution to extract contacts from Outlook OST file? If yes, then do not get panic, because we are here to explain how you can extract Outlook contacts. Here, in this blog, we have come up with a suitable approach that will help to manage all contacts.
Nowadays, most of the people are so dependent on their mobiles that every little detail is stored in it. The address book of one user saves multiple contacts information in an organized way. Apart from that, Outlook is the most popular email application that can be used by the professionals. At the certain time, users may need to learn how to get contacts from outlook.ost file for safety purposes. Therefore, in the upcoming section, we are going to discuss a step-by-step guide to understand the process to export contacts in a clear way.
The manual way to Extract Contacts from Outlook OST File
Under this manual method, we are going to discuss some of the following steps to resolve the issue of extraction. Just simply follow the given steps:
Method 1:- Export and Import Utility of MS Outlook
In Microsoft Outlook there is an inbuilt utility known as “Import-Export” with the help of this utility you can simply extract contacts through OST file & move it into other Outlook supported file format. When you have connected to a server via MS Exchange profiles then you can perform this method. Try the following steps that are listed below to learn how to get contacts from outlook.ost file:
- Install the MS Outlook application and select the “File” button
- Now hit on an option of ‘Open and Export’ here on your screen four options will appear like Open Calendar, Open Outlook Data File, Import/Export and Other User’s Folder. Here you have to click on ‘Import/Export’ option.
- After selecting, a box will appear on your screen named “Import and Export Wizard” dialog box. You can refer to the below image.
- Under the Wizard dialog box, you have to go with an option i.e to ‘Export to a File’ and then hit on the button after that select “Next” button. Now, ‘Export to a File’ dialog box will pop up.
- After completion of the above step now you are provided with an option to ‘Create a type of file’ here you have to choose “MS Outlook Data File(PST). Now hit on ‘Next’.
- From here you can ‘Select the Folders to Export From’ option after that choose (Contacts) named folder then hit on Next to extract contacts from Outlook OST File.
- Now, In “Export Outlook Data File” you are facilitated with ‘Save Exported File As’ option. After that select ‘Browse’ tab & then choose the file for saving the path. Hit on “Finish” button. After finishing the process you will be able to see the newly generated Outlook Data File.
Note:- when you click the Finish button before that you have to select one option from following of three:
- Restore copy items with exported items
- Permit copied items to be generated
- Remove duplicate items
- At the end in ‘Outlook Data File’ dialog box, here you can create a Password-protected Outlook .pst file by inserting the password in the option of “Password” category.
How to Get Contacts From Outlook.ost File Using Automated Approach?
Above mentioned Manual approach to Extract contacts has some limitations that are difficult for the novice users, it may cause damage to your crucial data, fear of data loss and so on. Because of this limitations, users may search another way to resolve the issue. One can try an automated solution like OST to PST Converter to simply Extract Contacts from Outlook OST file. This tool facilitates some beneficial features which are listed below. Have a look:
- This Offline OST converting tool is compatible with all versions of MS Outlook
- Facilitates an option to Import Outlook .ost file to MS Exchange (Office 365)
- Facilitates Date Filter to Export Outlook Offline OST file by Individual Date
- Extract Data via .ost files: Mails, Contacts, Journals, Tasks, Notes and so on
- Allows to migrate “Outlook.bak” to a .pst file of any MS Outlook versions
Find the steps to perform the task in the next section.
Steps to Extract Contacts From Outlook OST File
Follow the below discussed steps to get started:
1. Download the tool and run it on your Windows OS.
2. Navigate for the OST file in your system, choose it, and hit Open.
3. All the data items are previewed on your screen, click on the Export button.
4. Choose PST file as export type, select a destination location and hit Export.
Let’s Wrap Up
In this blog, we have discussed a complete manual solution on how to get contacts from Outlook.ost File. But, this manual approach has some constraints. So, in the above section, we have suggested a reliable and smart solution. It is the best approach by which users can export contacts from OST file without facing any difficulty. Also, we have covered some extraordinary features of the tool in an absolute way.