Quick & Simple Steps to Extract PDF Attachments From Outlook
It can be quite frustrating when you face issues in the performance of Outlook due to the large PST file. The reason behind the large data file is generally because of multiple attachments embedded within the emails. As we know, PDF files are quite common attachments that one receives or sends through emails. There are times when users extract PDF attachments from Outlook as most attachments come in PDF format.
Now, we will make use of different methods to retrieve the attachments from Outlook. But, there are some things that you need to consider before opting for any method. The first thing is the number of PDF files that you wish to extract and whether the PDF files are attached to single or multiple emails.
The manual technique will only be useful if you have less amount of attachments to extract from Outlook. On the other hand, the professional solution works in your favor, whether you have a less or a large number of attachments to extract.
Manual Techniques to Extract PDF Attachments From Outlook
Before starting, if you happen to have a single attachment file that you wish to extract then you can simply drag & drop that on your desktop. But, if you have various attachments in a single email, then you can simply follow the below-mentioned steps:-
- Launch MS Outlook account on your system and choose the email that you wish to extract PDF attachments from.
- Now, hit on the down arrow and choose the Save all the attachments option only if you have multiple attachments. If you happen to have a single attachment, then you can press the Save As option.
- A Window will now appear on your screen by which you can see all your attachments and hit on the OK button.
- You can now select your desired destination where you wish to save your attachments and click on the OK tab.
What are the Limitations of this Manual Methodology?
This method only permits users to extract PDF attachments from a single email. Also, if your attachments contain other formats files such as DOC, JOG, PDF, etc, then one has to manually sort out the PDF files in the first place.
If a user has PDF attachments in various Outlook emails, then this free method cannot extract those files as we said earlier. To avoid such situations, you can skip this method altogether and opt for a professional solution.
A Professional Method to Extract PDF Attachments From Outlook
The best and easiest alternative to extract PDF attachments from Outlook emails instead of using the manual method is by opting for third-party software. The Outlook Attachments Extractor Wizard will be an ideal solution that can seamlessly download PDF files from Outlook with its incredible features. Also, this software comes with proficient features that include the facility to extract attachments from selective folders only or all folders as per the user’s requirement.
Follow these steps to see a quick walk through of using this automated software:
Working Demonstration of this Extractor Software
Here follow the steps to extract PDF attachments from Outlook:-
1. Install & Run this Attachments Extractor Tool on your Windows Machine.
2. Then, click on the Add PST file options to extract attachments from it and press the OK tab.
3. To upload your Outlook data files in the panel, select the Add File or Folder button.
4. Now, you can choose the suitable Folder hierarchy option as per your requirement.
5. After that you have applied your desired folder, you can easily click on the Extract tab from which you save your files in a required folder. Next, you will get a message saying that the extraction was successful.
Highlighted Features of this Outlook Attachments Extractor
- This tool helps users to extract PDF attachments from Outlook configured PST/OST Profile.
- Works best with both ANSI & UNICODE data files.
- Stand-alone utility, no need for Outlook installation or configuration for that matter.
- Facility to upload Outlook data files by using Add File or Folder option.
- Permits users to extract PDF attachments from Outlook as well as MSG files.
- Compatible with every version of Windows OS.
Time to Conclude
This article explains how users can extract PDF attachments from Outlook without losing any data. In a comparison of the manual method, the professional solution will be the best solution to resolve this query. All the PDF attachments will be extracted in mere minutes with the help of the expert’s recommended solution.