How to Fix “Exchange Server is in an Inconsistent State” Error ?
There are multiple times when the exchange server displays a “the exchange server is in an inconsistent state” error message on the screen. This issue seems complicated, but it can be resolved easily. Users can fix the problem by performing some simple steps.
In this blog post we are going to mention the solution for resolving this error. So, stay tuned with us and read complete blog for more information.
What are the Reasons for “Exchange Server is in an Inconsistent State”?
There are several reasons contribute to the Exchange Server is in an inconsistent state issue. These elements are connected to file corruption or the exchange server’s inability to read the file.
Below we have mentioned some of the main causes of the Exchange server error message.
- The Active Directory already has the Exchange Server objects.
There will be a conflict on the server to access the file if you build another server object with the same domain name. As a result, the error notice is displayed.
- The Exchange server should be correctly installed on the PC.
The software cannot be used if the installation is not complete and the necessary files are missing. You see an error message as a result on the screen.
Now, we have discussed some methods to resolve the Exchange Server in inconsistent state error and successfully upgrade or reinstall the server.
- Rename New Exchange Server Domain Name
- Reinstall Microsoft Exchange Server in Recovery Mode
- Delete Microsoft Exchange Server Object & Relaunch Exchange Setup
Method 1: Rename New Exchange Server Domain Name
Changing the name of Exchange Server is one of the simplest methods to fix this error. Follow the below process to solve this error.
- First, rename the current Exchange Server with another name than the earlier one in the same domain.
- After that, join the Exchange Server to the domain.
- Finally, install Exchange Server again.
Method 2: Reinstall Microsoft Exchange Server in Recovery Mode
You can also resolve the issue by running the software in recovery mode. Follow the mentioned steps for completing the task:
- First, user have to disable the User Account Control in the Exchange server.
- Then, launch Powershell and find the location of the setup files of Microsoft Exchange.
- After that, use the below provided commands
- The recover server switch starts rebuilding the exchange server. It will take the information from the active directory.
- After completing the setup installation, re-configure the settings of the Exchange Server.
Method 3: Delete Microsoft Exchange Server Object & Relaunch Exchange Setup
Deleting unnecessary objects from the active directory of the server will also resolve the issue.
- Firstly, launch the run command by pressing Win+R.
- After that, type ADSIEDIT.msc and click the OK button.
- Now, user have to follow the below path.
CN=Configuration, CN=Services, CN=Microsoft Exchange, CN=<Your Organization Name>, CN=Administrative Groups, CN= <Exchange 2010 Administrative Group>, CN=Servers, CN=<Server Name>
- Find the server object and delete it.
- The Active Directory will take some time to update. Therefore, wait.
- Now, user have to restart the exchange server setup.
All the above-mentioned steps are appropriate for the ‘the Exchange Server is in an inconsistent state’ error message. However, there is another option you can use instead of the manual method.
Try Professional Solution if Exchange Server Data is Corrupted
There are multiple reasons which can lead for corruption of the Exchange Server Data. For recovering the corrupted Exchange Server Data User have to go with best professional solution i.e., Exchange Recovery Tool.
The automatic solution to fix the “Exchange Server is in an inconsistent state” issue has the following advantages over the manual procedure.
- This tool is a fast and effective way to resolve the issue.
- User don’t need to perform complicated steps as in the manual operation.
- The chances of file corruption or data damaging are low in this tool.
- The third-party software provides additional features to fix the issue effectively.
- User interface of the tool is simple and interactive. Anyone can use the software without any support.
In the above blog post we are going to discuss about exchange server is in an inconsistent state. This error was facing by multiple users, so here we have mentioned best professional solution for our users. By using the above mentioned solution user will be able to accomplish the task. Also there is no need of any technical skills for operating the task.
We hope after reading this blog post user will not face any kind of issues in resolving this error.
Also Read: Extract Attachments from Exchange Mailbox Server Easily