How to Extract Attachment from Exchange Mailbox Server?
Are you one of those users who have trouble dealing with large attachments? And you are trying to extract attachments from Exchange mailbox. So, this article is helpful for you to solve your technical queries.
Too many large email attachments are one reason why users want to export attachments from a live Exchange server. Someone sent you an email without attachments, which may not take up much storage space. But today’s work is going on the Digit platform. Therefore, many users send email messages with attachments like documents, images, etc.
As more messages with huge attachments are sent and received, the Exchange mailbox increases in size. These attachments might increase the size of the mailbox to several Gigabytes. Finally, it may have an impact on the performance of Exchange Server and result in the corruption of Exchange mailbox files.
“I am using Exchange Server 2019 and the exchange server is working very slowly. My data is huge and contains emails and attachments. In order to work quickly, I want to extract attachments from the exchange mailbox. This is not an easy task for me because I don’t know the full path. So, is there any solution to export attachments from an Exchange Server mailbox easily? “
Smart Solution to Extract Attachments from Exchange Mailbox
Many IT experts and Exchange Admins prefer using EDB File Repair Tool that permits users to extract attachments from Exchange mailboxes. This advanced application permits users to load an offline EDB file into the tool and perform extraction in simple steps. Not just extraction, the utility is loaded with many other smart features as well like in-depth recovery, permanently deleted data recovery, 7+ export options and much more.
There is also an option to extract attachments from Exchange mailbox within a specific time range. It means that if you want to extract attachments from emails that were received in January 2021 to June 2021, then you just need to mention that specific time period in the date filter and leave rest of the task to the software.
Additionally, if you have accidentally deleted / lost a couple of emails and they had some crucial attachments, then you use the Advance scan mode of this application and get all those emails and attachments back. The software comes with a free trial version to help you try all the features without purchasing this tool.
Steps to Extract Attachments from Exchange Server Mailbox
- Firstly, Download and install the setup of the software on your computer.
- Secondly, click on the Add File option to add the Exchange Database (.edb) file.
- Thirdly, choose “Select File” and “Search File” options. Choose accordingly.
- Select the EDB file by clicking the 3 dots and hitting the Open button.
- All the EDB database files will appear on the software panel. Click on the Export tab.
- Choose the HTML export option as it will save all the email attachments in a separate folder.
- Click on the Advanced Settings option and you will get three unique settings.
- Choose a Naming Convention and sort your emails accordingly.
- Choose the Date Filter option. It will help you to prevent unnecessary attachments. If you want to extract attachments from your Exchange mailbox within a specific time period, then choose this.
- Choose the Mail option under the Categories field and hit the Save button.
- Now, click the Browse option to choose the destination location and press the Export option to begin the attachment extracting process of Exchange Server.
- After completing all the steps, you will get all the Exchange mailbox attachments saved in the folder.
Unique Features of the Tool
- Successfully recover emails, calendars, contacts, and other items
- Dual Scanning Mode available for in-depth Exchange Mailbox Recovery
- Generate a preview of the mailbox including attachments before extraction
- Date filter is offered to help extract attachments within a specified date range
- Extract Attachments from Exchange public and private folders as well
- Compatible with Exchange 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and 2003
In the above section, we address the user’s concerns like how to extract attachments from Exchange mailbox. And we also discussed the reasons for the withdrawal. We recommend you the best Exchange Attachment Extractor tool to save attachments from Exchange mailbox server without any damage.