Resolve Outlook Error 0x800ccc0e using Multiple Methods
Outlook error 0X800CCC0E is one of the common error code when a user is not being able to send or receive emails when using Microsoft Outlook. There are many reasons due to which this error can occur. It is quite a chaotic situation for the users and thus there is a need for an instant fix for this error 0X800CCC0E. Here we are going to breakdown the methods to solve this Outlook error 0X800CCC0E. But first, let us know more about this Outlook error.
The Outlook send/ receive error 0X800CCC0E may look like the following –
Task ‘Synchronizing subscribed folders for xxx@**** reported error (0x800CCC0E): Outlook cannot synchronize folder for xxx@****. Error: cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or internet service provider (ISP).’
Task ‘xxx@### : Folder:Inbox Check for new mail.’ reported error () : ‘Outlook cannot download folder Inbox from the IMAP e-mail server for account xxx@###. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet Service Provider (ISP).’
This error occurs due to many reasons, some of them are mentioned here-
- The conflict between the SMTP servers while using an email program.
- Antivirus or firewall settings causing hindrance.
- Port 25 for SMTP authentication might be blocked by the ISP.
- Corruption in PST file.
How to Fix Outlook error 0X800CCC0E ?
As we just discussed that there can be multiple reasons for this synchronizing subscribed folders Outlook error 0x800ccc0e. Thus this error has a try and test solution, there are multiple possible solutions. You need to try and test which one works for you.
Technique 1- Ensure Internet Connectivity
Check if you are connected to the internet. A steady internet connection is important for sending or receiving emails.
Technique 2- Maintain Proper Outlook Email Account Settings
Open your Outlook email account settings and check if they are correct. If the port numbers are entered correctly.
Technique 3- Delete Duplicate Accounts
There is a possibility that there may be a duplicate account that is causing the Outlook error 0X800CCC0E. Remove this account by following the steps mentioned below.
- Open Outlook and select Tools.
- Go to Account Settings & a window will appear.
- Once the window is open, navigate to Email & look for duplicate accounts.
- Delete the duplicate account by clicking on Remove button.
Technique 4- Check your Antivirus & Firewall Settings
Verify the settings of your Antivirus & firewall if they enable Outlook access or disable the antivirus for a while and then try sending an email. If it did not work and the ‘Outlook error 0x800ccc0e cannot connect to server’ still exists, try then try the next methods.
Technique 5- Open Outlook in Safe Mode
- Follow the steps mentioned to open Outlook in safe mode.
- Open the search bar & type – outlook.exe /safe
- Click enter.
Technique 6- Clear the messages that are stuck in the Outbox
Open Outlook and go to Outbox and check if there are any emails stuck there. If so, you need to clear so that you can send/ receive emails. You can either move or delete the emails.
- From Send/Recieve tab, select the Work Offline mode & after deletion disable the Work Offline mode.
- For moving the emails- move the emails to the draft folder either by dragging them or by right-click the message, select Move >> Other Folder >> Draft.
- For deleting the emails- right click on the message & select Delete.
Technique 7- Check SMTP Settings
As SMTP Configuration is one of the reason, therefore you need to check the Outgoing server settings.
- Open Outlook >> File >> Account Settings >> Account Settings.
- Double click on your email account under Email tab.
- A new dialouge box appears, select More Settings.
- Go to Outgoing Server tab & select ‘My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication’. Then click OK.
Technique 8- Repair Severe Corruption in PST File
If the Inbox Repair Tool has not been able to repair the corruptions. This means that the PST file is highly corrupted and requires a specialised software to repair those corruptions. Download Outlook PST File Repair Tool to repair highly damaged or corrupted PST files and resolve the Outlook error 0x800ccc0e cannot connect to server.
See 4 Step Working to Fix PST
- Step 1: Add Outlook PST file, which is cause error in your system
- Step 2: Software scans the PST file for corruption or damages
- Step 3: It then fixes issues and previews PST data items in the panel
- Step 4: Click on Export to save your Outlook data in a new PST file
Technique 9- Re-install Outlook
Technique 10- Repair PST Manually(for minor corruptions only)
Repair your PST file using the Inbox Repair Tool, ScanPST.exe provided by Microsoft itself for minor level corruption of the PST file. Once you are done repairing, open Outlook and trying sending email again. If the Outlook error 0X800CCC0E still persists then try the next method.
Find Few Other Similar Blogs
Here we have compiled all possible solutions to fix Outlook error 0X800CCC0E. Depending on the reason which leads to the Outlook error, one of the solutions would suit the most and will solve Outlook error. You just need to try them out and in case of severe corruption, an expert-recommended tool has been suggested which will maintain the data integrity.