Know How to Allow Commenting on PDF When Not Allowed
If a user wants to allow commenting on PDF file when not allowed, then he or she needs to be the author or creator of that file. Otherwise, a user needs to have access to Adobe Acrobat application, which was used to create it originally. Otherwise, one needs to look for some professional solution to remove restrictions. In order to about all these possible ways to allow commenting on a PDF file, read the blog.
PDF is the popularly used document format across the globe. A variant type of security features can be applied by the users to keep their PDF document safe from unauthorized access. There are two types of security available that one can apply. One is open password security that is applied to prevent the opening of a document. Another is applied to restrict any operation on PDF file like print, copy, comment, edit, etc. It all depends on the choice of a user what type of security he or she wants to use. However, passwords for both types of restrictions are different. So, when a user wants to allow commenting on PDF when not allowed, permission password or owner level password is required.
If a user does not know the permission password, even any Adobe Acrobat program will unable to unlock it. But nothing is impossible in this world, there are still some ways available that one can use and enable comments on PDF file.
Best Professional Way to Allow Commenting on PDF
When a user does not know the permission password, even Adobe Acrobat method fails to remove restriction from PDF file. Therefore, to overcome this situation, a user can take help of a professional third party solution i.e., PDF Restriction Remover. The software is designed in a way that it unlock PDF from owner-level password without any hassle. Using this tool, one can remove edit, print, copy, commenting etc., restriction from PDF file. This will allow commenting on PDF when not allowed in just a few simple clicks. Unlike Adobe Acrobat, the software does not require an owner-level password to remove restrictions. Apart from all this, a user is allowed to run this application on any version of Windows OS.
Can’t Comment on PDF – Let’s Solve
When a user is unable to comment on PDF file, it is clear there is comment restriction applied on it. Now, to remove or change the restriction manually, follow the steps mentioned below.
Note: It might be possible that PDF is both open & owner-level password protected. So, below mentioned method is applicable in all cases.
- To start the process to allow commenting on PDF, you need to open Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
- After that, click on the File option from the menu bar. Click on the Open button and Open dialog box will appear in front of you.
- Then, you need to locate the comment restricted PDF file and choose it. Click on the Open button. If your PDF is open password protected, it will prompt you for Document Open Password
- Now, in the Enter Password field, type your password and click on the OK button to open the PDF file
- Next, you have to click on the File tab from the menu bar. Then, choose Properties option to open Document Properties dialog box
- Here, you can see the current security restrictions applied on the PDF document simply by clicking on the Security tab.
- In the Document Restrictions Summary, all Allowed and Not Allowed restrictions are listed
- After that, click on the Security Method from the drop-down menu and select No Security option. At this point, Adobe Acrobat will prompts you for the Permission Password
- Simply, type the password in the Enter Password field and click on the OK button
- Here, Adobe Acrobat again display a dialog box and ask for the confirmation that your are sure to you want to remove security from the document
- You have to click on the OK button. You will be moved again to the Document Properties.
- Click on the OK button and all restrictions, including commenting restriction are now removed successfully.
After this, a user can easily open a PDF file in Adobe application and starting commenting or highlighting text for notes. But, Adobe Acrobat is not a free application and not easily affordable. Moreover, if a user does not know the permission password, he or she is unable to perform to perform it completely.
Whenever a user read or view a PDF file and unable mark or add some notes in it, the document is comment restricted. Thus, in this blog, we have discussed all possible ways on How to Allow Commenting on PDF When not Allowed.