How to Find Database Changes in SQL Server? Inexplicable Solution
There can be a load of methods on how to find database changes in SQL Server and yet, not everybody is satisfied with them. Why? Well, these are mostly technical and not every user is inclined towards technicality making it not so suitable for them. Now, let’s first understand why is there a need to check out the changes that are being made in the SQL Server.
The transactions that are being made in the database are recorded in a log file which needs to be checked frequently. This is to make sure that there are no changes made in the database without you knowing that might cause troubles making it important to find database changes in SQL server, if any.
To make it an easy process for the users, we are going to give explanation on a professional and expert-recommended solution. You will find that this solution can be used with ease and does not have a cumbersome procedure. Let’s check a user query to understand the situation well.
User Query: Is there any simple yet useful solution to help me check the records to find if any changes are made in the log file. I have looked for various solutions and most of them require technical expertise which I don’t have. Please help me find a quick solution.
How to Find Database Changes in SQL Server Without Any Troubles?
We have here the most secure and easiest of the solutions to help users find out the changes and restore them if so required. This solution is the SQL Log Explorer Tool that allows the users to read the log files to identify if there have been any changes made in the logs.
This software is capable of recovering the modified database back to your SQL Server. Using this tool is not as hard and doesn’t require technical expertise since it has a user-friendly interface. There are a number of benefits of using this software to find database changes in SQL Server that are going to be explained in the upcoming segment.
Check these out to learn the functionalities of the software followed by the working steps.
What Are the Merits of Using the Tool to Analyze the Changes?
Here are the advantages of applying the features offered by this wizard:
1. Forensic Investigations – The tool is capable of tracking who has modified the table records and when along with the complete analysis of the changes.
2. Full Visibility – Connect to the online database and access the transactions. Preview the transactions in the database including Insert, Update, and Delete to find database changes in SQL Server.
3. Data Recovery – Provide the previous backup of your data to avoid complete scanning for recovery. The data will be exported in Live SQL platform in a short time span.
4. Selective Records Export – Check or uncheck tables for specific data export. Choose the Date-Filter option and set dates to save only the required data files.
5. Separate Log Transactions – Preview specific records in the software with the fields such as Transaction, Transaction Time, Table Name, and Query for any desired record.
These were the key features and there are various other features that you will understand along with the working of the tool.
Steps of the Tool to Find Database Changes in SQL Server
1. Launch the software and select the Open button to add the transaction files to the panel.
2. Click on the Online Database option and add the Server Name or choose from the given list and enter Authentication type.
3. Choose the tables you want to analyze and select the Export button.
4. Mark any or all of the options: Insert, Update, & Delete. Apply Date-Filters and set the date-range for selective data export.
5. Select the Export To/As option and fill in the Database Credentials fields: Server Name and Authentication type.
6. Set the destination path as Create New Database and enter the name for the new database. Finally, hit the Export button to find database changes in SQL Server.
These are the steps of the software and there are no layers while performing the procedure. The tool does not require users to go through the troubles of looking for data to selectively export it from a certain time-range.
The transactions saved in the log files show what changes are made to the database which is the most important part. This is why it is always suggested to keep your log files in check to beware of any transaction that is made out of your knowledge. The method explained here as a tool can easily analyze your files and help you understand how to find database changes in SQL Server. It is compatible with all Windows OS versions and SQL servers 2019, 2017, 2016, and lower.