How to Fix Common Outlook Errors and Issues? – Explore Resolution Steps To Repair
Summary: In this blog, you will come across some important Outlook problems and error messages. You will find the proper solution for how to fix Outlook errors and issues effortlessly from a PST file in MS Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 versions in Windows OS.
Microsoft Outlook saves emails, contacts, calendars, and other data items on a mail server, computer, or both. These all items basically get stored in two different Outlook Data Files (.pst and .ost). Personal Storage Table (PST) files. These files get created by Microsoft Outlook in the local system while storing data related to IMAP and POP accounts.
PST files are used by all the available versions of the Outlook application. Whereas, Offline Storage Table (OST) files get created while using Outlook with Exchange Server, and OST is considered as a local copy of the user’s data. The offline OST data files prove handy when the network is limited.
However, there are times when users face difficulties while accessing data from these Outlook data files. You may encounter various error prompt issues while accessing the PST data file of your account. Considering this, we have come up with this ultimate guide. Here, we are going to disclose all the common errors related to PST and OST along with their solutions.
Top PST File Issues – Fix Outlook Errors and Issues
It is quite common to encounter error messages and error codes in Microsoft Outlook account. As an MS Outlook users, you may get a variety of error codes regarding various PST file issues, software issues, connectivity issues, configuration issues, synchronization issues, and other account errors. Go through a few common Outlook errors and issues that appear on Microsoft Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, 2000 in Windows OS.
- The item couldn’t be moved. Either it is already moved/ deleted or the access was denied.
- Errors have been detected in xyz.pst. Close Outlook and all the mail-enabled applications then, use Inbox repair tool (Scanpst.exe) to detect and repair errors in the PST file. For more info about Inbox repair tool, check Help.
- Couldn’t complete the operation. One or more values of the parameter are not valid.
- File xyz.pst couldn’t be accessed. Data error: Cyclic redundancy check.
- An unknown error has occurred: 0X80040119 in Outlook.
- The PST is not a personal folder file.
- xyz.pst cannot be accessed – 0x80040116.
- Unable to display the folder access denied or you will face Outlook data file cannot be accessed
- Microsoft Outlook has encountered an issue and needs to be closed. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
- Cannot expand the folder. The set of folders cannot be opened. The file xyz.pst cannot be opened.
- The file xyz.pst could not be found.
- Messaging interface has reasoned an unknown error.
Solution to Resolve Outlook PST Issues
Most of the PST file errors are caused due to corruption or by oversized PST files. Below are some simple techniques to fix Outlook errors and issues related to PST data files:
#1. Use Automated PST Error Repair Tool
If you get some Outlook errors and issues in your account, then it indicates the PST file is corrupted. When the PST data file is severely damaged, it cannot be repaired with the help of the Inbox Repair Tool as it only fixes minor-level corruption issues. Hence, it is recommended to use Outlook PST Repair Tool to recover data from minor as well as major-level corrupted PST files.
Using this, one can fix Outlook errors and issues effortlessly without any data loss. You can also recover all the emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, and other items of PST in a couple of clicks. Follow the instructions given below to resolve Microsoft Outlook error codes and error messages:
- Launch Outlook Recovery Tool and add corrupted PST
- Select Advance scan mode and scan your PST file
- Recovered data will be listed in its preview pane
- Export recovered data items and access output PST file
#2. Use Inbox Repair Tool
Inbox Repair Tool/ Scanpst.exe is an in-built utility offered by Microsoft for free to repair data from corrupted PST files. Below is how to use this tool:
- First of all close Microsoft Outlook application (if open).
- Now, type scanpst.exe in the search bar of your computer and open the tool.
- After launching the tool, click on Browse and add the corrupted PST from your system.
Note: Default location of PST
- In Outlook 2007 and Prior Versions: C:\users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook
- In Outlook 2010 and Later Versions: C:\users\username\Documents\Outlook Files
- After this, hit the Start button and Scanpst.exe will begin scanning the corrupted PST and report the encountered errors.
- If any it has detected an error in PST then, hit the Repair button. Click OK.
Top OST File Issues – Resolve Outlook Errors and Issues
- Outlook data file access is denied OST. Cannot open particular Outlook data items when offline, etc.
- Synchronization Error 8004011D-526-80040115-0
- The OST is not Offline Folder File
- Unable to expand the folder. Set of folders cannot be opened. Errors have been detected in xyz.ost.
- The Exchange is Currently in the Recovery Mode
- Errors Have Been Detected In The File xyz.ost
- Outlook Data File (OST) Cannot be Configured in Outlook
- OST Internal error (error code=00000003)
- Close all the mail-enabled applications, and use the Inbox Repair Tool
- Service-specific error 0 (0x0)
- Error code 0x8004103b (unknown error” error code 0x8004103b)
- OST File Error Code 0000000E
- Oversized OST file issue (OST file size exceeds the 2GB limit).
- Outlook OST File Error 0x80070035
- Outlook 2010 issues have been detected in OST. Scanpst crashes.
- Outlook Unknown Error Code 0x8000ffff
Solution to Fix Common Outlook Errors and Problems – OST File
At times when users attempt to access offline OST files and end up in encountering error message as mentioned above, it confirms that your OST file is corrupted. Thus, users need to repair OST file. In such circumstances, OST File Recovery Tool is the best way to fix and recover Mail, Calendar, Contacts, Notes etc., from Outlook OST files in few simple steps. Follow the steps below to recover data from corrupted OST files:
- Launch OST File Recovery Tool and click on the ‘Add File’ button
- Navigate and browse the corrupted OST file. Click on ‘Open’
- Select Quick/ Advance Scan, Browse destination location for OST
- Export selected or entire data items from Outlook OST file
Note: This can be done with the help of Inbox Repair Tool (Scanpst.exe) if your OST file is only having minor corruption. But, if the OST file is severely damaged or corrupted then, it cannot be repaired using Scanpst.exe.
If you are facing Outlook errors and issues in the data files (PST or OST), then the above-discussed methods will help you to fix it. Choose the solution with respect to file format. Repair and resolve Outlook data file issues encountered without any data loss effortlessly.
This article discusses how to fix common Outlook errors and issues in a simple manner. Here, we have tried to roll up all the possible Outlook error messages and error codes that users often encounter while they attempt to access Outlook data files (OST and PST). Despite this, we have discussed 2 automated application to fix corrupted or damaged Outlook data files effortlessly in Windows OS.