How To Repair Outlook Profile Greyed Out or Locked Issues?
MS Outlook is a widely used personal information manager that organizes all our emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, and much more. Also, it allows accessing the earlier downloaded data items even without an Internet connection. However, there come times when the Outlook profile faces some corruption issues due to its data repository (PST file).
When this happens users experience issues while connecting to Outlook Server and after attempting to repair it, they find Outlook profile is greyed out. After scanning various forums, we found that there are several users who bothered with the same problem and one such example of this is as following:
“Hello, experts! Last time I closed my Outlook as usual after sending some emails from it and shut down the computer normally. But, later when I opened it again, I noticed that I cannot repair my email account anymore. As I can see that the Repair Profile button is greyed out or we can say it is disabled. Why this is happening to me? Had I did something wrong? Is there any method to re-enable the Repair button?”
So, today we’re going to explain some troubleshooting techniques to repair Outlook profile greyed out along with some common Outlook errors related to Outlook profile.
Top 8 Common Errors Associated with Outlook Profile
- Cannot open your default e-mail folders.
- No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
- Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open Outlook Window.
- Outlook is not responding.
- Repeated request for passwords.
- Send receive error 0x800ccc0f.
- Unable to open MS Outlook.
- Outlook isn’t configured to have a default profile.
How to Repair Outlook Profile Greyed Out Issue
The Best Solution!!
If no given solution works for you to repair Outlook profile greyed out issue then, it is a clear indication that your PST file is corrupted highly and cannot be repaired simply. Now, all you need is a powerful third-party utility like Outlook PST Recovery Tool that can repair severely damaged PST files and recover data from it. The software is secured completely and does not result in any kind of data loss.
Manual Solution 1. Repair Corrupted Outlook Profile
- Launch Outlook application and click on the File tab
- Choose Account Settings option from the opened menu list
- Again click on Account Settings and choose the Outlook profile
- Click on the Email tab and hit a click on the Repair button
- After this, follow the instructions of prompted wizards
In case if the Repair option is greyed out then, you need to check for the latest updates and if the updates are not installed already then, install them. It is so because this is one of the main reasons for what Outlook profile behaves abnormally.
Note: Above instructions will resolve all the minor-level issues that are causing interruption while attempting to access Outlook profile.
Manual Solution 2. Fix Corrupted Outlook Profile Using Scanpst.exe
Missing header information or corrupted PST file is another common cause responsible for abnormal functioning of Outlook profile. Microsoft offers an inbuilt utility called Inbox Repair Tool to fix minor corrupted Outlook PST files. Using this, one can repair a corrupted PST in a few simple clicks and below is how to use this:
- First of all, close Outlook and find the Inbox Repair Tool (Scanpst.exe)
- Default Location of Scanpst.exe:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\%OfficeVersion%\SCANPST.EXE
- Launch Scanpst.exe utility and click on the Browse button to add the corrupted or damaged PST
- After adding the PST, hit the Scan button to begin the process
- You’ll be asked to create a backup of browsed PST, click OK to continue
Manual Solution 3. Rebuild MS Outlook 2016 Profile
Sometimes a corrupted Microsoft Outlook profile also causes issues like this. In such conditions, To repair Outlook profile greyed out issue, all you need is to recreate an Outlook profile. Below is how you can do this:
Step One. Delete Existing Outlook Profile
- Open Outlook and click on the File option and choose Account Settings
- Click on Account Settings and select the Email tab
- Now, select your email address and hit the X (Remove) button
- In order to confirm the profile elimination click Yes >> Close
- Quit Outlook application
Step Two: Add a New Outlook Profile
- Launch Microsoft Outlook 2016 once again
- Select the File tab and click on Info >> Account Settings
- In the Account Settings menu, highlight the Account Settings… option
- Click on the Email tab, and select New…
- In Add Account wizard, fill the following information:
- Your Name: Type your full name
- E-Mail Address: Type your complete email address
- Password: Type the correct account password
- Retype password: Type the network password again
- Hit the Next button and click on Finish >> OK
- After all, this, restart your Outlook application
How to repair Outlook profile is greyed out issue? It is a very common question searched by several Microsoft Outlook users. Well, this is a very serious issue that prevents repairing Outlook profile and occurs various other interruptions. Considering all such problems we’ve disclosed some amazing techniques via which Outlook profile greyed out issue can be resolved in an effortless manner.