Large PST File Crashes Outlook – Get the Resolutions Here
All the Outlook users out there know about the PST files, which stand for Personal Storage Tables and it stores all the Outlook mailbox data. Now, it is always seen that after a certain period of time the size of the Outlook data file and due to this you users start getting issues.
The above user’s query is asked by the user on Microsoft Community and if we go through the query, then we see that the user getting a crashing issue due to the large PST file. Now, if you are in the same situation and looking for a solution on how to fix large PST file crashes Outlook issue by decreased the size of the PST file.
But before, going towards the solution to fix a large PST file issue. Let’s first examine the effects of a huge PST file.
Issues Users Face Due to Large PST File
- Now, the first drawback of a large PST is corruption. Yes, an oversized PST file is the primary cause of Outlook data corruption.
- A large PST file makes Outlook sluggish and unresponsive, which has an impact on your day-to-day work.
- Due to the large PST file, you will get delayed in your email management work like downloading attachments and sending emails all take time.
- Now. that we are aware of the drawbacks of a large PST file, let’s study how to what are the main causes of large PST files in Outlook.
Reasons Responsible for Large PST File in Outlook
There are mainly two major reasons that are responsible for the large PST file and here in this section, we are going to elaborate on it.
Large Attachments – According to a report average email users received 120 to 150 emails a day and if you received 50 attachments a day then it will become the Mount Everest of attachments after a certain period of time. And once you get at this situation, then you will notice the size of the PST file is exceeding the size limitations.
Duplicate Items – Duplicate data items are also one of the reasons for oversized PST files. Because it will consume the same amount of data space as the original one.
The above are the major reason for large PST files and due to this users face large PST file crashes in Outlook.
Important Note – If you are getting duplicate items in Outlook and if you are seeking an instant solution to remove duplicate emails and other items from Outlook, then you can try the SysTools Outlook Duplicate Remover. The tool is totally developed to deal with duplicate data items from Outlook so you can try it.
Free Way to File Large PST File Crashes Outlook
As we’ve already mentioned, Outlook is an amazing email client, and to fulfill this Outlook comes with its own set of tool that helps to resolve this type of issue. Now, here in this section, we are going to discuss some of them to shrink the large PST file.
#DIY Method 1: Compact Now
1. Open the Outlook application first.
2. Click on the Info option under the File tab.
3. Select Account Settings, and then select Account Settings once more.
4. Next, pick Settings, then Data File, then the selected file, then push Compact Now.
5. After completing the options, press the OK button to finish the process.
# DIY Method 2: Reduce Oversize Outlook Mailbox Via Clean Up Tool
Microsoft Outlook has a built-in cleanup feature that allows you to remove extraneous files. Simply do the following actions to use this:
1. Open Microsoft Outlook on your Windows computer first.
2. Mailbox cleanup may be found by clicking the Tool option.
3. View options like Emptied remove items, Find items longer than view mailbox size, View contract size, View deleted item size and Empty conflict from this page.
4. Select a solution based on your need to shrink big PST files.
Now, after trying all the above methods if your PST file is still oversized, then in the upcoming section, we are going to introduce one of the most amazing tools that will resolve the oversized PST file.
Elegant Way to Decrease the Large PST File Size
The above methods are nice but sometimes the process does not work fine and at that time you are stuck in the situation, of nowhere. So the question is how to deal with the huge size of PST files.
The answer is straight to try PST Compress Tool, the utility that is developed only for compressing the large PST file to small. The tool comes with the option to remove, extract and compress the attachments.
Along with this, the tool gives you the flexibility to add n numbers of PST files at once also using this tool you can search the PST file from any location on your desktop.
Steps of the Working
1. Download and install the tool on your system.
2. Once it is down click on the application and open it.
3. After this click on the Add File(s) or Add Folder also you can opt for the Search option to add PST.
4. Choose the Attachment options like Remove Attachments, Compress Attachments, Remove and Save Attachments in a Folder, Remove and Compress in Folder.
5. Click on the Change button to the Destination location to save the new decreased PST file.
6. Choose the Select items Types option.
7. After all this, click on the Next button after that click on the OK button to complete the task.
Also Read: How to Compress Email Attachments in Outlook
Well, this is the time to end the write-up, here we have discussed all the possible solutions to fix the large PST file crashes Outlook. So, go through the blog and get try the best possible solution.