Searching for best solutions to migrate Google Drive to new account? Here, we have the solutions that are in your best interest.
Google Drive, a storage device on cloud by Google, offers a storage space of 15GB and is divided in three sections: Gmail, Google Photos, and Google Drive.
Google Drive allows you to share, create, and edit files on the cloud. If the storage space in your drive exceeds, you can either pay for extra storage or move.
Paying extra may not be the first choice for every user which is why, most of the majority prefer Google Drive transfer to another account.
Now, let’s find out various other reasons for migration:
Other than the storage limit, these could be the reasons for migration.
Check out the methods that help in performing the task.
We have here two best solutions for you to choose from which the manual solution has two more options. These solutions are:
1. Expert-Recommended Solution
2. Manual Solutions
All these methods work well and will help you do the needful but there are some limitations that come along with the manual methods.
These methods will be explained in the following sections and the drawbacks will be mentioned as well. Let’s get right into the solutions.
The Tool to migrate Google Drive to Google Drive allows multiple transfer of the storage at once. This saves user’s time and helps you to copy all types of data from G Drive including Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Sites, Google Slides, etc.
Also, you can transfer data items such as doc files, photos, videos, data files from email clients, PDF’s, audio files, and excel files, etc.
There is a good number of features offered by the tool for migrate Google Drive to new account. These are as follows:
Now, move forward to learn how this tool works.
Follow the steps as given below:
1. Download and launch the tool and activate it. Select the Source and Destination as G Suite.
2. Choose the Documents option in the Workload Selection and apply Date-Filter as required.
3. Go to the Source window and enter the details as asked. Hit Validate and click on the Next option.
4. Now, in the Destination window, fill in the admin credentials and click on the Validate option. Hit Next.
5. After that, click on the Fetch Users option to start the fetching process and select Continue.
6. Mark the Priority option to set user priority and hit the Start Migration button to migrate Google Drive to new account.
Once the migration process finishes, you can generate the export report in a CSV file format. There are no file-size restrictions and the data integrity and folder structure remains the same.
In case, you want to run the migration process again, you can do so in three modes:
Now, checkout the manual methods to perform this task.
There are two ways to transfer the data from G Drive to a new account. The following steps are how these methods work:
Mechanism 1 – Download and Upload
1. Go to a browse and log in to your Gmail account.
2. Click on the Google Drive icon and choose the items that you want to move.
3. Copy these files in a folder and give it a name. You will see the folder in your directory.
4. Download this folder in your system and save these files.
5. Click on the Download option and these files will be compressed as .zip files.
6. Now, extract these zip files from the folder.
7. Once that is done, go to the second G Drive account and upload these files there
8. To migrate Google drive to new account, select the + option and choose the folder you want to upload.
Mechanism 2 – Google Takeout
Google has an in-built utility that helps users to transfer the data to another G Drive account. This is the Google Takeout utility which creates an archive of the data easily but has a pretty complicated process. It has certain restrictions and limitations along with it. You can check out the drawbacks as mentioned below:
End Point of the Blog
The storage of Google Drive is not enough for users and they tend to look for solutions for Google Drive transfer to another account.
The solutions mentioned for the transfer of the data work fine but manually it is a complicated and a time-taking process.
The expert-solution as discussed overcomes all the limitations of the manual methods and work with perfection and gives all the benefits to the users.