Move Outlook to New Computer – Learn the Procedure Step-by-Step
Bought a new computer? Want to move Outlook to new computer and can’t figure out how to do so? Stop stressing over it so much now. Here, you will get the answer to all your queries.
In this blog, you will be shown how to transfer your Outlook account to another computer in detailed steps. Since there are going to be two stages of transfer, you will be given the best possible methods to do so.
But before that, let’s understand why there are two stages and what you will have to do.
We know that Outlook supports two file formats; OST (offline storage table) and PST (personal storage table).
When you transfer Outlook to new computer, you can move your OST files directly but to access them, you will first need to convert them to another file format that Outlook supports.
OST files can only be accessed by the account that you have used to create it with. Otherwise, it is of no use to even transfer it to another computer. Which is why, we will be explaining the stages and the solutions to complete the process of moving your Outlook account to a new computer.
Find out the two stages and the methods in the next segment.
Move Outlook to New Computer in Two Divisions
This is a two-step procedure which includes the following:
1. Conversion of OST to Outlook Accessible File Format (PST)
2. Importing Converted PST to New Computer
For the first stage, we will be giving two methods. The first will be the manual solution and the other is a proficient way of migrating your Outlook account to another PC.
The second stage will include the import in Microsoft Outlook 2010 and above versions.
Stage 1 – Manually Transfer Outlook to New Computer
For the conversion, we are first going to use the manual solution. Following steps will help you to perform the conversion task:
1. To start the process, you first have to log in to your Outlook account.
2. Choose the “File” tab and click on the “Open and Export” option to choose it.
3. From there, select the “Import/Export” option.
4. When the Import and Export window opens, choose the option – Export to a file and hit “Next”.
5. After the Export to a File window opens, click on the “Outlook Data File (.pst)” option and choose “Next”.
6. Select the mailbox items and folders that you want to convert to move Outlook to new computer.
7. Mark the checkbox beside “Include Sub-folders” option and hit “Next”.
8. Browse for a destination location to save the resultant files at.
9. When the process completes, hit “Finish”. A password will pop up, you have to click OK without entering the password.
Note: While browsing for a destination location, if you connect a USB or external hard drive, you can save your resultant files there as well to make it easy migrating Outlook.
You Should Know
If you are trying to export an inaccessible OST file, this method will not be able to perform the conversion. For such a case, you can use a third-party tool to complete the process. Understand how the tool will help you do the needful in the following section.
Transfer Outlook to New Computer Proficiently
As read above, the corrupted or inaccessible OST files will not to be converted using the manual method. Overcome this drawback and recover the file during the conversion without having to perform any extra task using the perfect tool.
Use the OST to PST Converter Tool and easily convert emails, contacts, and calendars.
This software will allow you to export files in bulk and give you the benefit of exporting all or selected files.
It will be a quick and easy process of conversion so that you can move Outlook to new computer in as less time as possible.
You will be able to understand which files have been restored and exported as it shows these files in Red Color.
If you have files that are encrypted with S/MIME or OpenPGP, you can smoothly decrypt the files.
The major benefit of using this tool is that it is compatible with all the versions of Microsoft Outlook.
Now, that you know briefly what the tool provides, let’s check out how it works.
How to Perform the Transfer Outlook to New Account Task?
Follow these simple steps:
1. Download the application and Launch it on Windows 10.
2. Choose the “Add Files” option and browse for the .ost file. Click “Open”.
3. Preview the data on the screen and hit “Export”.
4. Select PST as file format and hit “Browse” for destination location. Now, to complete the procedure, click on the “Export” button.
After completing the conversion process, let’s find out how to migrate PST to another computer.
Stage 2 – Procedure to Move Outlook to New Computer
Once you have completed the first stage, you will have the PST file in an external storage device. Now, we will use this storage device to move these files to another computer and finish the process of migrating Outlook.
MS Outlook 2010 and above versions:
Follow the steps as given below to transfer Outlook to new computer:
1. Go to your Microsoft Outlook account and choose the “File” tab.
2. From there, select “Open” and hit the “Import” option.
3. An Import and Export Wizard appears from which you have to choose the “Import from another program or file” option. Hit “Next”.
4. Now, click on the “Outlook Data File (.pst)” option and select he “Next” button.
5. Here, browse for the location of the required PST file.
6. You will find an “Options Section” under which you have to choose “Do not import duplicates” option and hit “Next”.
7. Select the folders you need to import and hit “Finish”.
All Done for the Blog!
When you look for solutions to move Outlook to new computer, be ready to always find the manual method tedious.
Manually it requires a lot of time and energy which not every user has to invest. It is always suggested to use a trust-worthy software just as mentioned in this blog.
It will do the task for you in less time and without causing any hindrances.