How to Fix Office 365 eDiscovery Export Tool Not Working – Failed or Stuck Error
Microsoft Office 365 has become a regular name in mid and large-sized enterprises. It is a cloud-based packaged suite that includes a range of applications in it, such as Exchange Online, and SharePoint. As the usage of cloud storage increases, the major concern of the organization becomes data security.
To keep Office 365 data secure, the front-line defense for any cloud system is to save the data on a local system. Microsoft offers an eDiscovery search facility, that you can use to search the content. Additionally, using the export tool, you can export the data into local file formats. In short, eDiscovery is an inbuilt program in O365 whose function is to export data from Office 365 mailbox to PST format.
Reasons Behind – eDiscovery Export Tool Export Failed with Error
However, many users are seen complaining about Office 365 eDiscovery search not working or failing under many conditions. So, after considering this, we come up with the major points where this tool becomes a failure and those situations are listed below:
- Unsupported Browsers – If you are using any third-party browser other than Microsoft Internet Explorer, such as Google Chrome, etc. You may encounter an eDiscovery export tool not working error. eDiscovery is only supported with Microsoft Internet Explorer. In order to fix this, you have to add the ClickOnce extension.
- .Net Compatibility Issue – If you do not have the installation of .Net 4.5 or a previous framework, then you are most likely to encounter, the eDiscovery export tool stuck error. In order to fix it you have to install .Net 4.5 or a previous framework.
- Permissions issues – The user attempting to export the data may not have the necessary permissions to do so. This could include permissions to access the relevant mailboxes or SharePoint sites, or permissions to export data from those locations. You will need to check the eDisocvery Manager Role Group and verify that the required permission is allotted.
- Large data sets – If the user exports data more than 50 GB in size. Then, the eDiscovery tool freezes and does not move the data into PST format properly. Also, the eDiscovery method may struggle to process and export the entire data. Moreover, this can be particularly problematic if the export is being run on a system with limited resources or slow network connections.
- Network connectivity issues – If the eDiscovery export process is being run over a network with high latency or dropped packets. Then it could potentially cause the export to fail. To fix it, you need to ensure that the network is stable with minimal latency.
- Incompatible file formats – The export tool may not be compatible with the file formats being used in the eDiscovery process. For example, if the tool is designed to export data in a certain format, but the data being exported is in a different format, the tool may not be able to process it.
- System limitations – The system on which the export tool is being run may not meet the necessary system requirements for the tool. This could include limitations on the amount of available memory or CPU power, or limitations on the operating system or other software components.
- Local Intranet Zone Setting – The Local Intranet zone comprises all the network connections that were created with the help of the UNC (or Universal Naming Convention) path. If it is not set up properly in Internet Explorer then, the eDiscovery tool cannot perform well.
Due to these reasons, many O365 users are looking for an alternative to the Office 365 inbuilt export tool. To ensure the safe process of exporting data from O365 to PC, the users are suggested to utilize reliable software.
Best Fix for eDiscovery Export Tool Stuck Processing
PCVITA Office 365 Export Tool is one of the leading professional software that moves data from Office 365 mailboxes in 3+ file formats, including PST. Besides this, it performs complete conversion of O365 mailbox items into Outlook-supported .pst format. Apart from this, this utility offers to export Archive mailboxes of MS Office 365 accounts in PST, EML, and MSG formats. It can move every single bit of data in the PST file on the local system. To use this application, the users only require Office 365 credentials and go through the below steps sequentially;
Steps to Export Data from Office 365 Mailbox in Outlook PST
Step 1. Download, install, and launch the software on your computer.
Step 2. Choose “Office 365” as the source and “Outlook” as the destination platform.
Step 3. Easily select your desired mailbox items from the provided list using our user-friendly interface. Apply date filters to export selective data based on the date range.
Step 4. Securely log in with your Office 365 admin credentials to authenticate the platform. Click the “Validate” button to ensure the required permissions.
Step 5. Set the destination path to save the resultant PST files on your computer. You can also choose the appropriate PST file size.
Step 6. Add users using any of the following methods:
- Fetch Users – Automatically retrieve users from the Source domain.
- Import Users – Upload users through a CSV file.
- Download Template – Obtain a sample CSV template to create your user list.
Step 7. Select the users whose data you want to export and click “Start Export Process.”
It is evident from the above that Office 365 eDiscovery is not an ideal tool to export mailboxes from Office 365 online to local file format. So, it is good to replace the Office 365 inbuilt utility with the standalone software mentioned above. It is an amazing tool that ensures 100 % conversion of Office 365 mailbox data into the local hard drive in a PST format.