Fixed Office 365 eDiscovery Search Failed | Not Working Error
Microsoft Office 365 becomes a regular name in mid and large-sized enterprises. It is a cloud-based packaged suite that includes a range of applications in it such as Exchange Online, and SharePoint. As the usage of cloud storage increases, the major concern of the organization becomes data security. To keep Office 365 data secure, the front-line defense for any cloud system is to save the data on a local system. For this, the first utility that comes to the mind is Microsoft Office 365 eDiscovery tool.
It is an inbuilt program in O365 whose function is to export data from Office 365 mailbox to PST format.
However, many users are seen complaining about the Office 365 eDiscovery search not working or failing under many conditions. So, after considering this, we come up with the major points where this tool becomes fail and those situations are listed below:
- When the users do not have the installation of.Net 4.5 or previous framework and using Internet Explorer 9.0 or earlier.
- The Local Intranet zone comprises all the network connections that were created with the help of the UNC (or Universal Naming Convention) path. If it is not set up properly in Internet Explorer then, the eDiscovery tool cannot perform well.
- The user works on the browsers that do not support the Click Once add-on extension.
- If the user exports data more than 50 GB in size then, the eDiscovery tool freezes and does not move the data into PST format properly.
Due to these reasons, many O365 users looking for an alternative to the Office 365 inbuilt export tool. To ensure the safe process of exporting data from Office 365 to PC, the users can go with the Office 365 Export software.
Alternative of Office 365 eDiscovery Search – When it Fails
Office 365 Export tool is one of the leading and professional software that moves data of Office 365 mailboxes in 2+ file formats, including PST. Besides this, it performs complete conversion of O365 mailbox items into Outlook supported .pst format. Apart from this, this utility offers to export Archive mailboxes of MS Office 365 accounts in PST, EML, and MSG formats. It can move every single bit of data in the PST file on the local system. To use this application, the users only require Office 365 credentials and go through the below steps sequentially;
Steps to Export Data from Office 365 Mailbox in Outlook PST
- You can easily download the demo or licensed version of the software and install it into the Windows system.
- After the proper installation, open the utility and click on the Login button to initiate the process.
- If you are an admin then select the box Is admin and mention the O365 account credentials in the relevant boxes. After that, click on the Sign In button.
- If you are not an Office 365 admin, then do not select Is Admin box. You need to provide your Office 365 account credentials.
- Once the software authenticates the account, all the mailboxes will upload to the tool interface. If you log in as an Admin, then all the sub-accounts IDs will appear on the screen as shown below. If you sign in as a user then only your account mailbox folder is displayed on the screen as shown in the screenshot. Now, click on Next.
- Next, choose the radio button of the Microsoft Outlook (PST) option. If you want to select any other file formats like MSG, or EML, then you can pick the options under the Select Email Format heading.
- If you want to split the resultant PST file, then check the checkbox corresponding to ‘Split Outlook Data File After:’.
- Under the Select Categories heading, pick the required folder that you wish to export.
- You can also use the Date Filter according to your requirement. In the filter, you need to mention a timeline in From and To column. So, the software will download the data that comes in between the mentioned date range.
- Browse the destination location for the resultant PST file on the machine. Here, you are independent to select any location. Then, click on the Start button.
- Finally, you will see the entire complete report of the process on the screen. If you want to save the report, then click on Save Report and store the file in CSV format.
It is evident from the above that Office 365 eDiscovery is not an ideal tool to export mailboxes from Office 365 online to PST format. So, it is good to replace the Office 365 inbuilt utility with the standalone software Office 365 Export tool. It is an amazing tool that ensures 100 % conversion of Office 365 mailbox data into the local hard drive in a PST format.