How to Open Blocked Outlook Attachments: By Doing Less
Seeking a solution to open blocked Outlook attachments? Then, it is time to rejoice. Here in this article, we are going to discuss some most effective ways to open block Outlook email attachments.
Since the release of Outlook 2000, there is a feature that blocks all attachments that might look suspicious or put your computer at risk from viruses or any other threats. But sometimes when you receive an email attachment and there’s nothing harmful in that and Outlook blocked that attachment then it is quite frustrating.
Moreover, Outlook blocked a certain type of attachment such as .exe so your computer not get infected from any malware. But the sad part is that if you know the attachment is safe for download still Outlook blocks all actions like save, delete, open, print, etc.
If you have an urgent task and Outlook blocked your attachment, then no need to worry. Because Outlook Attachment Downloader can easily open blocked Outlook attachments download any Outlook attachments.
What are the Causes of Blocked Outlook Attachments?
After considering various user reports about blocked Outlook attachment. We have come up with the conclusion that there several common reasons that trigger this issue. Some of them are listed below.
- If attachments contain unsupported extension or file then Outlook blocks the email attachments to save or open.
- Security update like KB3192932 for Outlook 2016 and KB3191898 for Outlook will block Outlook attachments.
- If there is an extra dot at the end of the file name then Outlook will also block the Outlook attachments.
How to Open Blocked Outlook Attachments-Manually
The above-mentioned reasons are the common ones that will create the issue. And if you struggling to resolve this particular error, then in this section we are going to discuss some effective troubleshooting tips.
#Method 1: Ask the Server Administrator to Change the Settings
If you are using the Exchange Server bin your Outlook account. Then you can ask you, administrator, to change the security settings of the mailbox for accepting the blocked attachments.
#Method 2: Change Security Settings
If you are not using the Exchange Server then you can change your Outlook security settings by changing in the registry. Follow the below steps to modify the registry.
- First Close the Outlook
- Hold Windows + R key to Run command and type Regedit
- Now verify the registry key for your Outlook
1. For Outlook 2016
2. For Outlook 2013
3. For Outlook 2010
- Now if the registry key does not exist then create it
- To create the registry first locate the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft
- Now, under the Edit option-click in the New and then click on the Key option
- Type Office and then click on the ENTER button
- Again under Edit option and click on the New and then Key
- Now type 16.0 for Outlook 2016 and then press ENTER
- Type 15.0 for Outlook 2013 and then press ENTER
- Type 14.0 for Outlook 2010 and press ENTER
- Now, choose Edit and click New and then Key
- Type Outlook then press ENTER
- Again choose Edit Click on the New and then click Key
- Type Security and hit ENTER button
- Now type the following name for the new value: Level1Remove and Press ENTER.
- Choose and right-click on the new stirring value name > Click Modify.
- Now, type the file name extension that you would like to open in Outlook, for example.exe.
- Note: To open multiple files, at once type the multiple extensions with semicolons such as .exe;.mdb
- Click OK and exit from the registry.
- Once all the modification is done restart your computer to apply all the settings.
Instants Way to Open Blocked Outlook Attachments
A manual method is a nice approach but it contains lots of steps and also very complicated for the non-technical person. however, if you tried the above method and still not able to open blocked Outlook attachments then you need a proficient third-party solution to open these attachments. The automated tool is very handy when you want to extract attachment from multiple email attachments in Outlook. Moreover, the advanced algorithms employed in the making of this useful utility is designed to open any attachments from Outlook OST PST and bak Files without losing the folder hierarchy.
Note: Want to know the detailed working steps of the software, then Click Here
In this article, we have discussed manual as we as automated way to Open blocked Outlook attachments. Now, it up to you to choose the method but if the manual method does not work then you should try the automated tool that offers easy and hassle-free options to open block email attachments from Outlook.