3 Epic Ways To Extract Attachments From Outlook Emails That You Haven’t Tried
Receiving several emails with multiple attachments becomes tedious when we have to save them one after the other. Yet, some simple hacks exist to extract attachments from Outlook emails at once.
Sending and receiving files through email is the most convenient way to share data files with other users. This makes the email tray permanent file storage and after some time it results in exceeded storage space issues. So, my question is do you often exchange data files with your clients or partners using Outlook? Does your correspondence include multiple attachments?
If your answer to these questions is Yes, then you also might think about optimizing the storage of your data files because these heavy attachments are making your Outlook sluggish. In this technical guide, we’re going to disclose some simple techniques to extract attachments from Outlook emails to folders in a single attempt.
Simple Steps to Extract PST File Attachments
- Step 1: Run PST Attachment Extractor and Add PST files
- Step 2: Choose relevant folder hierarchy Options
- Step 3: Set Attachment Filters: File Type, Date-Range & Size
- Step 4: Click Extract to start extracting attachments from PST
Now, let us move on to the below section to learn about the solutions.
Extract Attachments from Outlook Emails in Batch – Expert Approach
With the help of Outlook Attachment Extractor, it lets users instantly save attachments from Outlook emails and other data items in a hassle-free way. The best part of the software is that it permits users to extract attachments not only from PST files but also from OST, BAK, and MSG files. Moreover, it can extract attachments from Outlook 2019 / 2016 / 2013 / 2010 / 2007 and below versions in bulk mode.
This tool is also available for Mac systems.
Working Procedures of Utility
- First of all, download & launch the software. Then, choose the Auto Locate MS Outlook Default Storage Location option.
- Choose the Destination location to save the attachment.
- From the next wizard, make use of various customized filters such as the option to extract attachments from selective data items, date-filter, naming conventions, etc. Availing these options will help to extract attachments from Outlook emails
- After which you apply all the advanced settings, simply click the Extract button as shown in the below image.
- Finally, at the mentioned folder path, all the extracted attachments will be placed.
Some Versatile Features of the Software:
- Developed to extract attachments from Outlook files such as PST, OST, MSG, and BAK files
- Add single or bulk Outlook data files using Add File (s) & Add Folder
- Facilitates the option to extract attachments from selected folders or all folders
- Option to extract attachments from selective Outlook mailbox items
- Avail date filter option to save attachments from Outlook selectively
- Offers the option to extract attachments from Outlook emails by specifying the file size
- Option to include/exclude Outlook attachments by their file type
- Avail various naming conventions to save detached attachments
- Support all the versions of Outlook & Windows operating system
Extract Attachments From Outlook Inbox – Manually
Microsoft Outlook provides an option to extract and save all the attachments from a single Outlook email. Below is how you can save multiple attachments from Outlook:
Note: This method is applicable to extract attachments from a single Outlook email at once.
- Launch the Outlook application and open a specific email that comprises multiple attachments
- Select and hit a right-click on an attachment. Select the Save All Attachments option
- Hit the OK button and browse a destination location for output attachments. Click OK
Use Rule To Extract Attachments From Outlook Emails to Folder
- Launch VBA IDE in Microsoft Outlook by pressing the Alt+F11 keys to extract attachments from multiple Outlook emails
- On the left side of the screen, expand the screen until you get Modules section, and enter the following code in the Modules section
- Paste the following script in the main VBA window
Public Sub saveAttachtoDisk (itm As Outlook.MailItem) Dim objAtt As Outlook.Attachment Dim saveFolder As String saveFolder = "c:\temp\" For Each objAtt In itm.Attachments objAtt.SaveAsFile saveFolder & "\" & objAtt.DisplayName Set objAtt = Nothing Next End Sub
- Quit the VBA IDE window so that you can extract attachments from multiple emails Outlook 2016
- Now, you need to create a Rule that will call this script. For this, click on Tools >> Rules and Alerts >> New Rule…
- In the new wizard, click on the ‘Check messages when they arrive’ option to resolve how to extract attachments from Outlook emails in multiple email issue
- You can define the criteria that the messages must be watched. Use ‘with specific words in the message header’ and ‘.txt’ options to search the string for saving text files only
- Choose ‘run a script’ and click on ‘script’
- Hit the Finish button. Send a new email with multiple attachments to your Outlook account and check if the rule is working to extract attachments from multiple emails Outlook 2010
- Receiving two or more emails with the same file name can overwrite the previous one. You can use the following code with ‘dim’ to prevent this situation:
Dim dateFormat dateFormat = Format(Now, "yyyy-mm-dd H-mm")
After that, replace ‘object.SaveAsFile‘ with the following code line:objAtt.SaveAsFile saveFolder & "\" & dateFormat & objAtt.DisplayName
To extract attachments from Outlook email inbox to a certain folder type, use the following code within the ‘For Each’ loop rather than the above code:if InStr(objAtt.DisplayName, '.xml') Then objAtt.SaveAsFile saveFolder & "\" & objAtt.DisplayName end if
Wrapping Things Up!
How to extract attachments from Outlook in multiple emails? This is a very common question searched by several MS Outlook users daily. Considering this, we’ve come up with this write-up. Here, we’ve talked about different methods to extract attachments from Outlook emails in a single go. So, from now extracting attachments from the Outlook application will be no more a complex task for users.
Frequently Asked Questions By the Users
- How to save attachments from multiple emails in Outlook 2010?
When there are bulk Outlook emails or PST files, opting for the automated solution is the recommended option. With Outlook Attachment Extractor software, easily extract attachments from Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013 & all the below versions.
- Is it possible to download picture attachments from Outlook email?
Yes. The software is designed to extract Outlook attachments, regardless of the file format in a hassle-free way.
- How to download more than 2 attachments from Outlook at one time?
Using the aforementioned manual method, it is not feasible to extract all attachments at a time. For that, it is suggested to avail of the trustworthy third-party solution as mentioned in this write-up.
- Is it possible to extract attachments from the Outlook OST file?
Yes. Using the feature-rich software mentioned above, one can flawlessly extract OST file attachments without facing any technical glitches. It is capable enough to extract attachments from Outlook emails from PST, OST, MSG, OLK, OLM & BAK files.