Open MSG File in Mac Mail Default – A Simple 2-Steps Process
User Query: “I have switched to Mac from using Windows earlier. I copied all my emails from my PC and pasted them on Mac. But, I can’t seem to be opening MSG file in Mac Mail default. Can you suggest a reliable and simple way to do it?”
Preferences can change anytime. People who are using Windows today can switch to other operating systems like Mac or Linux any day. But the problem lingers when the files you were able to access on one OS become inaccessible in the other.
Similar is the query in this blog- ‘not being able to open MSG files in the default email application of Mac.’
First, let’s get a brief background about it.
MSG (Microsoft Outlook Item) is the file format created in the Outlook application that comes pre-installed as part of MS Office.
When a person moves to Mac, he might want to open MSG files in Apple Mail but can’t view them in this default email application. This is because the file format supported by Mac Mail is MBOX format.
What can a user do in this scenario?
Some online methods can be used to solve the issue, but they come with one or the other problem leading to even more complications.
This is why a professional tool devoid of all these complications is discussed with you in this blog.
Let’s find out about the procedures for the same.
Simple Process of Open MSG File in Mac Mail Default
There is a two-step procedure to be able to view your files in Mac Mail. The steps are:
The best technique for conversion is the expert recommended tool which is explained here in detail.
Learn the steps for both the stages and find out some additional information about why users prefer using Mac mail.
Assured Tool to Convert File to MBOX Format
This conversion tool helping to open MSG files in apple mail consists of all the things a user needs.
Meaning, a user requires safety of their data and maintaining the original data integrity and structure from a tool.
All these demands along with many other intriguing features can be provided by the MSG Converter Tool.
Transfer all the data like emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes etc. to .mbox format in batches.
Along with the MBOX format, it also gives the option to convert to other file formats like PDF, PST, EML, NSF etc.
It even provides the user with a Date-Filter option for opening MSG file in Mac mail default by converting only selected files to MBOX.
This software is compatible with both Mac and Windows users.
To know about the working process of the tool, read the steps given below:
Step 1: First, download and launch the converter tool on your Mac system. Then, move forward with the process and click on ‘Add Files/Add Folder(s)’.
Step 2: After that, under the ‘Select Export Type’ choose the MBOX format and apply the ‘Advance Settings’. Set the destination path in the Browse field to opening MSG files in Apple Mail.
Step 3: Using the Filter options, apply the filters according to your preference. This can assist in converting only selected data to MBOX format. Then, hit the Save button to complete conversion.
Step 4: Hit the Export button and view your converted files at the chosen location.
Finally, you are done with the main task of converting all your files to MBOX using the expert solution. Only a small step to import these converted files into Apple mail is left.
How can you do it? Know it in the steps given below.
Step 2. The Process to Import Converted Files in Mac Mail to Open MSG File in Mac Mail Default
To get done with this small task of importing the resultant files into Mac mail, follow the steps given below:
- Launch Apple Mail on your machine and go to File. then, click on Import Mailboxes.
- A new Import window will open on your screen now. Here, choose the ‘.mbox files’ Press the ‘Continue’ option to move ahead with the process.
- Examine the file that you recently saved and click on the Choose option and the Continue button to proceed and open MSG files in apple mail.
- Finally, hit the Done This will lead you to a page where you can see the contents of your file in the Apple Mail application.
Additional Information: Why is Apple Mail Preferred by Mac OS Users?
Some of the reasons why Apple Mail is the first choice of most MacBook users.
- The first and the most obvious reason can be Apple Mail being the default email application in Mac OS computers. This makes it the first choice of Mac OS users.
- Users moving from Outlook prefer this email application and open MSG file in Mac Mail default also because it is free and doesn’t require any extra money to upgrade the licenses.
- The Mac Mail email program has a user-friendly interface that does not even include any advertisements.
- Since it is a simple email application client it can be used by both technical and non-technical people.
- Last but not the least, the Apple Mail client can import and export emails with normal file extensions.
In A Nutshell
It has been a problem for various users for opening MSG file in Mac Mail default. But worry not, it has been solved in the blog diligently. The process of viewing the files in Mac mail is simple.
First, you need to convert the MSG files in a format accepted by Mac i.e. MBOX. Then, complete the process with the small task of importing the converted files into Apple Mail. The tool you can use to do it is also discussed here.