Outlook.com Delete All Calendar Items – Things to Remember
Which is the first thing that should come in a user’s mind before he/she goes through the procedure of Outlook.com delete all calendar items?
How to take a backup of the items that you want to delete is what one should think about before performing the operation.
There are not many methods for deleting the calendar items when users search for it over the internet.
But, why is there a need to delete these data entries?
- It could be because the user doesn’t require these entries anymore.
- Maybe, there are new items that need to be added in the calendar instead of the old ones.
- You may delete all events in Outlook.com calendar because the current entries may be reminders for your cancelled meetings which you want to delete.
All these are the major reasons for removing entries from a calendar.
Now, the question arises, how can that happen? Well, it is not such a difficult task to remove the data items.
What is difficult is getting these back in case there is a need for any of the deleted entry which will be impossible.
So, if you want to first take a backup of your data, you should skip to the backup solution and then start with deleting your data.
How Can One Perform the Outlook.com Delete All Calendar Items Procedure?
You can manage your calendars easily by going to calendar.live.com and delete any of the entries you want if you have configured your account as an Exchange ActiveSync account in Outlook.
Doing so will allow you to delete any item from within Outlook.
But before that, you should make sure you take a backup of your data in case these entries are required in future.
To take a backup, use the Outlook.com Backup Tool which is capable of exporting all your required data from your account and save it in the desired location delete all events in Outlook.com calendar.
Steps of the software to create a backup of the data:
Step 1 – Download and run the tool. Login to your account.
Step 2 – Choose the item you want to backup and select ICS format.
Step 3 – Set the destination locally as per your requirement.
Step 4 – Click on the Start button to complete the process.
Let’s take a look at the manual steps for deleting the required or all items from the calendar.
Manual Steps for Managing Calendar Entries
Implement the given steps for Outlook.com delete all calendar items task:
1. Click on the Settings Gear on top-right corner.
2. Select the Options button from the drop-down.
3. You will be redirected to a page where you have to choose the Edit your Reminder and Calendar Settings option.
4. Choose the name of the calendar that needs to be deleted and open the Settings option.
5. Press the Delete button provided to you on at the top of the page.
Note: If you delete a calendar, the corresponding Tasks folder will also be deleted along with it.
Take Backup Before Performing Outlook.com Delete All Calendar Items Procedure
As mentioned above, it is important to take a backup of your data before you perform the task to delete it permanently.
It is also important to use a solution which is reliable enough to ensure data safety and keeps it protected from any corruption or loss.
Such a solution is mentioned above which will be discussed in detail here to help you get a clear vision on why to use this technique to take a backup.
Check out the features that this tool offers to learn why this is the perfect solution.
Why Use the Tool to Backup Data Before You Delete All Events in Outlook.com Calendar?
Listed below are the features of the tool that make it the best of all:
- Creates backup of data from items including Emails, Calendar, Contacts.
- Export all the calendar items in ICS format in bulk.
- Backup your data to desired location with the original formatting.
- Select the desired location for saving the export results.
- The software is available for both Windows and Mac OS machines.
Moving towards the steps.
Step-Guide of the Software for Exporting Data Files as Backup
1. Install the tool and Login with correct credentials for your account to backup data before Outlook.com delete all calendar items task is in action.
2. Choose Calendar from the Select Category section and mark ICS as the export type.
3. Click on the Browse button to set the destination location as per your desire.
4. Press the Start button and the procedure will begin.
The operation will successfully be completed in a few minutes at most and the data will be displayed on the chosen location.
After doing so, you can delete all the data you want from your calendar item according to your needs.
In a Nutshell
It is not hard to understand the procedure for Outlook.com delete all calendar items and perform it on your account. However, you should understand that taking a backup of your data is also a crucial part of this task.
We have carved out the best method from a bundle of solutions to take a backup of your data. This tool is tried and tested by professionals and is a preferred choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1 – Does the software export all the Calendar items from the mailbox without messing up with the order?
Ans. Yes, the tool will export all the items from your Calendar and keep the formatting the same as before the transfer.
Q.2 – Can I use the tool on Windows OS 8 version?
Ans. Yes, it is engineered to work on Windows OS 10 & all the lower versions.
Q.3 – If I want to select the destination location to save these items in the ICS format, will I be able to do that?
Ans. Indeed. The software allow you to select the desired location for the destination of the outcome before your delete all events in Outlook.com Calendar.