Outlook.com Delete Email Account – Consider Things Beforehand
Summary: Discussed here are the methods to answer the query: Outlook.com delete email account. With this article, you will also be given ideas on what you should do before removing your account permanently. Without wasting any time, let’s jump into it.
It is common among users to want to delete their accounts from a certain email service if they do not require their services anymore.
Closing an account is an easy task which can be performed in a few minutes only.
However, one should be sure that before they delete their account, there are certain things that they should consider.
We have explained the deletion procedure and the things to be kept in mind in this article.
Let’s get started!
How Can One Perform Outlook.com Delete Email Account Operation?
1. In Outlook.com account, go to the Account Settings and hit the Close my Account
2. After that, enter the password for your account.
3. Now, save all the important data from your account and hit the Next button.
4. Read and mark all the services and common account closing effects.
5. Choose the reason from the given list for deleting the account.
6. Hit the Mark account for closure option.
Important Point: If there is a need to recover your account, it is possible to do so. The policy of states that within 60 days of Outlook.com delete email account task performance, the account can be recovered. After that period, the account will be gone forever.
Things to Keep in Mind Before Permanently Closing Your Account
We all know that there are a few emails or other items that are of importance and need to be kept safe in case they are required later in the future.
In a Microsoft account, there are many other applications and services containing various important items which should be exported locally before removing your account.
Listed below are certain points that you may miss if you go through the Outlook.com delete email account operation:
- All the items from mailbox including Emails, Contacts, Calendars, etc.
- Personal & organizational subscription services including Skype, Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, etc.
- All the digital subscriptions will be gone once your account is deleted.
- Check out the applications and the software that you may have purchased using this account.
- Associated services of the account.
- Most importantly, the protection function from the connected devices will become unusable after deleting the account.
If you want to keep your data safe, you can download it using the professional solution as explained below.
Export Data Before Executing Outlook.com Delete Email Account Function
With the aforementioned points, it is clear that creating a backup of your mailbox data before deleting your account is important.
For doing so, you can use the Outlook.com Backup Tool and export all the required data files from the mailbox to desired destination location.
It has an easy-to-use interface which allows users with no technical expertise to perform the operation without any trouble.
Take a look at the features of this incredible software:
- Various export options including PST, PDF, MBOX, MSG, EML, VCF, & ICS
- Download all the data from mailbox before applying Outlook.com delete email account function
- There is an option to export data selectively according to a time-period by using the Date-filter
- The software has the ability to keep the folder structure maintained after creating backup
- Incremental Backup feature will help you to download only the new data eliminating duplicity
- Delete after Download option will remove data after exporting it to free up server space
Let’s now find out the working steps of this software.
Instruction Guide of the Tool to Create Mailbox Backup
1. Install the software and enter the credentials for your Outlook.com account to Login.
2. Before Outlook.com delete email account procedure is executed, select the Category to be exported and the Export type. Choose the destination in the Browse field.
3. Use the Delete after Download feature to delete the data after exporting it from the mailbox. Hit Yes when prompted.
4. Then, go to the Apply Filter function to make use of the Date-filter for setting dates “from” and “to” for a certain time period.
5. Begin the backup procedure by clicking on the Start button.
All the chosen data will be exported to your local device without wasting any time in an effective manner.
User Queries Regarding Outlook.com Delete Email Account Task Solved by the Tool
User Query 1 – The purpose of my Outlook.com has been fulfilled and now I want to move to another email service which can help me with my business growth. However, I need to download the data from my mailbox before deleting the account. Is there any simple way to do that?
User Query 2 – What can be done if I need to save a few important messages stored in my Outlook.com account and then delete the entire account since I’m switching to another company which uses a different email service? Can I export selective files only?
In a Nutshell
It is not a hardship to learn the Outlook.com delete email account procedure or to perform it. However, once the data is gone after the 60 days’ retention period, there will be no way to get it back if you ever want to access certain files.
To make it easier for users, we have explained the deletion method and a few points that will help you realize it is important to have a backup of their data before removing the account permanently. The software explained will fulfill all the needs of a user with a successful backup.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q.1 – How does this tool allow me to save the data before I delete my Outlook.com account?
Ans. – You just have to follow these steps:
Step 1 – Download the tool and login to your account.
Step 2 – Choose the email format and set the destination location.
Step 3 – Apply the filters for selective data backup.
Step 4 – Hit the Start button to initiate the export.
Q.2 – Is there any limitation on the file size or amount of the data to be migrated?
Ans. – There is no limitation on either the size or the number of the files that you want to export.
Q.3 – Can I create a backup of the emails from a specific time-period?
Ans. – Indeed. You need to apply the Date-Filter and the software will transfer only those files that you want to from a certain period of time.
Q.4 – Is it possible to use the software on both Windows and Mac OS platforms?
Ans. The links for both the platforms are given in the article above. You can download either of the software on the supported platform.