How to Export Outlook Email to Excel with Date and Time Automatically? – Solved
Outlook and Excel spreadsheets both are Microsoft’s unique software applications. However, when it comes to analyzing and organizing data including emails, Excel comes in handy. Since most users are Excel-friendly, exporting emails from Outlook to Excel would be helpful in various situations. Let’s take a deep dive to explore the topic in detail.
Why Save Outlook Email to Excel With Date and Time?
There are several reasons that can be beneficial for exporting Outlook email list to spreadsheet.
Some of them are described below:
- Organizing & Sorting – Excel is a powerful tool that provides features to sort & organize data. When you export emails with date and time, you’ll be able to arrange and categorize emails in order of time from the earliest to the latest.
- Analyzing & Reporting – MS Excel is considered the most recommended data analysis tool. So, when you export your Outlook emails to a spreadsheet, you can easily perform email analysis such as identifying trends, tracking email frequency, etc.
- Backup & Archiving – Saving your emails in Excel has proven to be a convenient way to archive important messages. In this way, you can easily search and find a specific email.
- Compliance & Legal Requirements – At some point in time organizations need to show specific email data for legal and compliance purposes. That’s why when you export Outlook email to Excel with date and time, it can save a lot of effort and time in finding a particular email.
- Offline Access – When you export emails from Outlook to Excel with the date and time, you are creating a file that you can easily access without an internet connection. Furthermore, you can easily share this file with anyone.
That’s the ‘Why’ of this topic. Now, let’s move to the ‘How’ part.
How to Export Outlook Email to Excel with Date and Time Automatically?
First of all, when it comes to saving sensitive information such as Outlook emails, one should take extra precautions while choosing the approach. And, what could be a better option than using PCVITA Outlook Export Tool, a professional automated PST Converter? Yes, this tool is capable of saving Outlook emails in spreadsheet format.
The tool comes in two variants, one for Windows users and another for Mac users. Also, it comes with various features. Here are some of the handful of features.
- It can convert Outlook emails into 8+ file formats.
- Other than emails, it can export other attributes of Outlook such as contacts, calendars, etc. to Excel.
- Date-based and Time-based filter option is available.
- Provision to export Outlook emails to Excel spreadsheet with attachments.
Now, let’s understand how to use the tool.
Step by Step Procedure for Outlook Email Export to Excel – [For Windows]
Here are the detailed steps that you can use to export Outlook emails to Excel date-wise. For the time being first download the software on your computer from the below link.
Step 1. Launch the tool on your system and select the desired language.
Step 2. Next, click on Add icon.
Step 3. After that, browse the Outlook Data File where your important emails are there and click Add.
Step 4. Now, select the emails you want to export and click on Export Selected.
Step 5. After that choose CSV to export Outlook email to Excel spreadsheet.
Step 6. Now, browse the location where you want to save the Excel sheet.
Step 7. Finally, click on Export to save Outlook email to Excel with date and time.
Detailed Steps to Export Outlook Email to Excel Mac Device
Now, the wait for Mac users ends here. Here is the step-by-step procedure for exporting emails from Outlook to spreadsheet.
Step 1. Download the Mac version of the tool from the above link.
Step 2. Then, click on the Add File or Add Folder option.
Step 3. Now, choose the Outlook Data File containing your emails and click Next.
Step 4. After that, click on Change to export Outlook email to Excel spreadsheet with date and time automatically.
Step 5. Finally, click on Export.
In case you’re wondering if can you manually export emails from Outlook in Excel sheet then refer to the next section.
Can You Export Outlook Email to Excel Manually?
Well, the bitter truth for Mac users is that there is no way available to export your emails in a spreadsheet manually. Because by default when you export emails from Outlook for Mac, it saves in .olm format. So, the way is to use the above-mentioned automated method.
Next, for Windows users, you can take the help of import/export wizard. The steps would be
- Open the Outlook application on your device.
- Go to File >> Open & Export >> Import/Export.
- Next, click on comma separated value and press Next.
- Now, choose the email folder you want to export (you can choose only one).
- After that, click on Browse to select the destination path.
- Finally, hit the Finish button.
It may seem a simple task but could be a daunting task if you’re not technically sound. Because before attempting these steps you need to ensure Outlook is properly installed and configured.
Also, this manual is not recommended by experts since it can only export one Outlook email folder at a time. It would be a waste of time if you have multiple email folders to export to Excel.
For whatever reason you are choosing to export Outlook email to Excel with date and time, it’s always advisable to choose the right approach that can save your efforts and time. Thus, follow the steps of the professional method to export your emails from Outlook to Excel automatically.