Outlook Keeps Asking for Password [Resolved]
Many Outlook users have reported that they are receiving an odd error while starting Outlook, which is the Outlook keeps asking for password. So, after evaluating the problem, here in this article, we’ll go over a few options for resolve this problem.
We all know that Outlook is one of the most widely used email clients among professionals, and many users employ passwords in the Outlook software to protect their data.
However, due to an error, Outlook may continue to display the password prompt even after you have entered the correct password. Now, before we begin troubleshooting this problem, let’s look at the causes of the problem.
Why Does Outlook Keeps Asking for Password?
When it comes to the cause, there are numerous factors that contribute to this problem, and we’ve addressed a few of them in this section:
- Incorrect Outlook Account Settings – This issue can sometimes be caused by an incorrect Outlook account setup.
- Corrupt Outlook Profile – If you have a large Outlook data file, you may experience a corruption issue in Outlook, which might be the cause of this problem.
- Incorrect Cached Password – If you’re having problems with caching in Outlook, you’ll notice the “Outlook keeps asking for password Windows 10” problem.
- Unstable Internet Connection – This Outlook password issue can sometimes be caused by an unstable or terrible internet connection.
How to Fix The Password Error?
Well follow the below methods to fix the password prompt issue and if one doesn’t work then try for the next method.
If the reason for this error is due to corruption in Outlook data file, you can use the expert solution to recover the damaged file by following the simple steps:
- Run the tool to fix Outlook keeps asking for password error after repair and hit the Add File option.
- Choose the Scan Mode to fix the corruption as per the level of damage.
- Select the export type to save the results in and apply Advance Settings.
- Set the destination location in the Browse field and click on the Export button.
#Method 1: Check Internet Connectivity
An inconsistent internet connection can potentially cause the password prompt issue. So, before you do anything else, make sure you have an internet connection. Then, after everything is in order, open Outlook to see if the problem has been resolved. If not, continue reading to learn more troubleshooting strategies.
#Method 2: Outlook Keeps Asking for Password Error Fixed by Updating the Outlook Program
Many customers do not update their Outlook on a regular basis, and as a result, they are experiencing this vexing problem. Basically, regular program upgrades solve all of the application’s flaws and difficulties.
So, if you’re using an out-of-date or un-updated version of Outlook, just upgrade it to resolve the problem. Now, follow the steps below to upgrade the Outlook software:
1. First and foremost, you must open Outlook.
2. Select File from the drop-down menu to move further and resolve Outlook keeps asking for password issue.
3. Next, on the left-hand panel, select the Office account.
4. Then, next to the Office updates select Update choices.
5. To update the Outlook software, click the Update Now option.
#Method 3: Setup Outlook Credentials Correctly
There are lots of Outlook users who enabled the User identity settings in Outlook after configuring their Exchange account in Outlook.
And, in other cases, such as when there is a problem with the internet, then they get errors like the Outlook keeps asking for password.
Now to fix it you must deactivate these settings to eliminate the password prompt issue.
1. Open Outlook and navigate to the File Account Settings tab.
2. Select the Account Settings option once again.
3. Click the Change button after selecting the Exchange account.
4. In the new dialogue box, choose More Settings.
5. Uncheck the Always prompt for login credentials box in the Security tab of the Microsoft Exchange dialogue box.
If even this doesn’t solve the error, you might want to re-configure your account settings.
#Method 4: Re-configure the Outlook Account settings to Fix Outlook Keeps Asking for Password
If the password prompt issue persists after verifying the internet connection or upgrading and changing the credentials settings, you should check your Outlook account.
Because a misconfigured account might cause problems in Outlook. To re-configure, your Outlook account, follow the instructions below.
1. Start by launching the Outlook application on your computer.
2. Now, on the menu bar in the left-top corner, pick the File tab.
3. Click on Account Settings in the drop-down box and then on Account Settings.
4. Choose an Outlook account that you want to configure again for solving Outlook keeps asking for password.
5. In the header area, click Repair.
6. Now, input the information for your email account ( If asked).
7. Once the process is completed, reopen Outlook to see if the problem has been resolved.
#Method 5: Recover a Corrupt Outlook Accessible File
As previously stated, corruption in the Outlook profile might possibly be the cause of such problems. It’s also critical to repair the file in order to resolve the problem.
The best thing is that Outlook comes with its own Inbox repair tool that repairs minor Outlook problems.
So, in order to overcome the Outlook keeps asking for password error, you need to fix Outlook corruption with Scanpst.exe by following these steps:
Note: The location of the Outlook Inbox Repair Tool differs depending on the Outlook version.
To get to the site, follow the directions below.
1. Run SCANPST.exe by double-clicking on it.
2. Then, to add the PST file, select the Browse option.
3. Once the file has been uploaded, click the Start button to begin the repair procedure.
4. When the procedure is complete, you will see the damaged file and folder. Before fixing Outlook keeps asking for password error by repairing the files, if you want to make a backup of the scanned file before fixing it, tick the Make backup of the scanned file before repairing box.
5. To restore the corrupted files and folders, click the Repair option.
The Best Way to Fix Outlook Errors if Data File is Corrupted
As previously stated, Scanpst.exe only repairs minor corruption and will not function in the case of significant corruption. In this case, the Outlook PST Repair Tool can be used. This software is one of the most reliable and secure methods for repairing corruption.
The Outlook keeps asking for password error can be fixed by using this tool to repair the corruption from Outlook data file.
This program not only fixes corruption, but it also recovers permanently deleted emails from Outlook and offers numerous export choices for saving the recovered or repaired data file.
There are only so many troubleshoot methods that can be applied for repairing errors and issues that many Outlook users face. One such error is discussed here along with the techniques to resolve it.
Many users use the password function in Outlook owing to security concerns, however, for some reason, Outlook keeps asking for password even after entering the correct password. Now, in order to resolve this issue, we’ve described the most effective techniques for resolving the password prompt issue in this blog.