How to Recover Permanently Deleted Email from Outlook
The Outlook users can face any type of issue due to which they might lose their important email messages. This makes them look for a solution to recover permanently deleted email from Outlook.
Here, we have a user query which will give you clarity for what situations there can be to look for such a solution.
“I was trying to clean my Outlook PST mailbox, but hastily deleted some of my important emails from Outlook 2016. I have searched for the solution over the web and also got the inbuilt utility called scanpst.exe tool but all the efforts gone in vain. It does not work in my case. Please help me recover hard deleted emails in Outlook!!”
Just like the above mentioned case, there are a lot of users who are facing issues of accidental email deletion and are not sure what to do to get them back. To get the answer for this query, all you need to do is sit back and just go with this article. Let’s continue with the flow and look at some of the reasons for the deletion of Outlook email.
The Best Solution to Recover Permanently Deleted Email from Outlook Easily
If you did not recover the emails within the retention period, the only way left is the PCVITA Outlook Recovery. The software will instantly recover damaged Outlook files and provides many other unique functionalities also. If the PST file is password protected or even encrypted, this is just mere thing for the tool.
You can download the demo version of this wizard for free and check out all the features to get a satisfaction before purchasing the license for it. Also, this software can be used if you want to know how to recover missing contacts in Outlook.
See How to Recover Hard Deleted Emails in Outlook
- Step 1: You can Add Your Outlook PST file(s) in the software. You can select or search for the PST data file. The software also supports Outlook BAK files.
- Step 2: Choose Advanced Scan, to get your files scanned and restored quickly.
- Step 3: Click on Add and wait. The software will load your PST files and will provide a preview of all emails and other data items specifically. You use Sort & Filter options to check your PST data items.
- Step 4: Now select the data file and click on the Export option to recover permanently deleted email from Outlook in the required file format. The software supports PST, PDF, EML, MSG, HTML, & even Office 365.
Reasons for Deletion of Email in Outlook
- Of course, the most common reason for deletion is cleaning your mailbox hastily. You were working in Outlook and due to mere carelessness, the email gets deleted.
- Secondly, your PST file can be corrupted. This is another foremost reason. The newly or already created PST file can get damaged due to a virus attack or sudden power shut down leading to users searching for solutions to recover hard deleted emails in Outlook.
- If your PST file is corrupted, then working Offline with the same file will also create issues and can cause the deletion of certain emails.
Another reason can be, you have just soft-deleted your emails from the mailbox. But to clear the memory, you clicked on SHIFT + DELETE and your email is permanently deleted.
These are the main reasons for the loss of email items in Outlook.
How to Recover Permanently Deleted Email from Outlook? – Manually
If you are in an organization, then your Outlook must be configured with Exchange Server. The permanently lost emails are saved in the Exchange Server. These emails are saved on the Server till the retention period (14 days) after that the data will be lost forever. Thus, in these 14 days, you have to restore your Outlook emails without any delay. Your Exchange Server Administrator needs to turn on “Deleted Items Recovery” on the server-side.
There are two scenarios in which your Outlook emails can be recovered:
Case 1 Recover from Outlook Deleted Item Folder
Case 2 Using Recover Permanent Deleted Items from Server
Scenario 1 – Recover Hard Deleted Emails in Outlook from Deleted Item Folder
1. Launch Microsoft Outlook application on your computer system
2. The Outlook home screen will be displayed. Now, go to the folder list of emails and select “Deleted Items folder”
4. If you see your email in the folder, right click on it and select Move >> Other Folder option
5. Select Inbox option and then, click on OK button to move your particular email back to the Inbox folder.
6. If you want to recover other items of Outlook like calendar, contacts, etc. then follow the same procedure.
Scenario 2 – Recover Permanently Deleted Email from Outlook
There are chances that your data items will not get recovered using the above method. If the emails are not restored that means you have opted for SHIFT + Delete accidentally. Now, in this case it is advised to go for this solution. Check your Recoverable Items Folder and follow the below mentioned steps:
- Open your Outlook applicaiton on your system and go to the email folder list.
- Now, select “Home” tab option and go to the Delete Item folder option
- You will see a option “Recover Deleted Items From Server” under the Home tab.
- Select the Deleted items option and go for the item or email which you want to recover.
- Finally, hit on the “Restore Selected Items” option and choose the “OK” button to recover hard deleted emails in Outlook.
Note: If you get a error message that “Recover Deleted Items From Server option is greyed out or not visible to you” do the following things:
- Check whether you are working in an online mode or not
- Make sure, you are using an Exchange Account
We have discussed various manual techniques to recover permanently deleted email from Outlook. You can restore deleted data items from the Exchange Server within the retention period of 14 days. If your data is not recovered before this time duration, then one and only choice is PCVITA software to recover hard deleted emails from Outlook PST.