Instructions to Recover Deleted Attachments in Outlook Quickly
There is a majority of users who have their accounts on Outlook for various purposes. Some of the emails that you receive have attachments with them which you can easily open and view and download if required. But what if these emails are gone? How would you recover deleted attachments in Outlook?
Sometimes, when users delete unused emails, they unknowingly delete the emails along with attachments as well and then panic on how to get them back. It is not known by many users that when you open and view an attachment in Outlook, they are stored in a Temporary Internet Files sub-folder.
The attachments could be anything be it an image, a video file, document, audio file, etc. and are of immense importance. This is why Outlook keeps them stored in a folder in case users look for solutions on how to recover lost attachments in Outlook.
There are ways to do so but before that, check out this user query to get a more clear vision:
User Query – I had some PDF files in my Outlook mailbox which were related to a business project and I deleted them accidentally. Now, I can’t find a way to get those attachments back and I urgently need them. Is there any way possible to retrieve those files? Anything at all?
Let’s discuss how users like above can get their attachments restored.
What Are the Methods to Recover Deleted Attachments in Outlook?
The methods to get the attachment files recovered as we are going to mention here are well-working solutions. Find out the methods below followed by the explained working of each:
1. Directly Restore Lost Files (Recommended Solution)
2. Use the Temporary Files Folder
3. Apply the Registry Editor Method
All these solutions will help users and provide results as per the working. It is possible that the last two solutions might not resolve the issue which is why we are first going to explain the direct solution.
Technique 1 – Direct Answer to How to Recover Lost Attachments in Outlook
Users can be stress-free if they have lost their attachments and have no clue on how to get those back as we have the perfect solution to solve their problem. This resolution is the Outlook PST Repair Software that has the capability of restoring deleted data from PST file.
The software offers an option to restore deleted files in bulk and in different file formats such as PST, EML, PDF, MSG, and HTML. All of the deleted data is previewed in Red Color making it easier for the users to understand which data to recover.
The tool is compatible with Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, and lower versions.
Working Steps to Recover Deleted Attachments in Outlook
Points given below are the steps that you need to follow in order to get your file restored:
1. Launch the software, run it on your Windows OS desktop, and click on the Add File option.
2. Mark the Select File radio button and click on the “…” option to browse for required PST file.
3. Select the file you want to recover and click on the Open button. Process further by pressing the Add button.
4. Choose the Quick Scan Mode and the software will start scanning your file. If the file is not scanned properly, choose the Advance Scan Mode option.
As soon as the process is completed, you will be prompted if you want to save the scan or not. Hit Yes if you want to, otherwise, hit No.
Just a few clicks on your work is done. Let’s now take a look at the manual methods to perform the same task.
Technique 2 – How to Recover Lost Attachments in Outlook from the Temporary File Folder?
You can get your files recovered with the help of OLK folder. For that, you have to follow the steps as given below:
1. Click on the Windows Start button and write “Folder Option” in the search bar to make the OLK folder visible.
2. The File Explorer Options wizards will open up on the screen from which you have to click on the View tab and find Hidden files and folders option.
3. Mark the radio button next to Show Hidden files, folders, and drive option. Click on the Apply button and close the window.
4. Open the OLK directory using the default location as mentioned below:
5. Here, look for the attachment you want to import, select the file, and copy it to your desired location on the local system.
If this doesn’t work, you can go for the next solution to recover deleted attachments in Outlook.
Technique 3 – Apply the Registry Editor Approach
To retrieve the lost attachments, follow the given points:
1. Hit the Start button and enter Run in the text bar.
2. When the Run Dialogue Box appears, type regedit and hit enter.
3. Now, you have to locate to the appropriate registry.
4. Go to the My Computer option and copy the registry path for your Outlook edition:
5. After that, paste the copied location in the File Explorer and open OutlookSecureTempFolder.
6. Here you will find all the lost attachments, copy the ones that you want and save them in your system at desired location.
To recover deleted attachments in Outlook, users can choose any of the three methods. The direct method, which is a tool, can help make the process simpler and quicker. In case you want to go for the manual methods, you can try both the workarounds as given.
If in case neither of the two manual ways work, that would mean that your attachments have been deleted permanently. You will then have to go for the direct method and get you lost files backs.