Save Outlook Emails as PDF with Attachments Easily
Having Outlook emails in PDF format is an advantage. It is quite easy to save single, selected, bulk, or complete mailbox emails into PDF file format. This post will guide you all the steps to save Outlook emails as PDF file. Let us understand the steps for both Windows and Mac OS users.
“One of the clients of our company has sent me some emails in my Outlook for Mac 2016. As these emails hold my company’s crucial information So, I want to make these emails or the documents as read-only. However, I do not know how to save Outlook emails as PDF on Mac system. I will be happy if my email attachments could also be saved. Can anybody suggest me any solution to resolve this problematic situation? Thank You!.”
I recently read the above query from one of the best forum sites. Hence, find out that there are ample of users who are searching for solutions to save Outlook emails ad PDF file format but have not found the accurate solution.
Why Export Outlook Emails to PDF Format?
There are several advantages of having emails in PDF format. Some of them are listed here:
- PDF files are platform independent and can be opened in various environments.
- It makes data sharing easy and ensures no change in metadata and file header.
- The users can secure their PDF files by protecting the user and owner-level passwords.
- The security settings of PDF files do not remain constant so users can permit the users to edit, print, etc.
- Easy to share in organization and outside the organization.
- PDF files are preferred to present emails as evidence in court.
Now let us move to the solution part!
Methods to Save Outlook Email as PDF File
Both type solutions are available to accomplish this task. Microsoft Outlook itself provides an option to save emails locally in PDF format. Apart from this third party software also available with some advanced features. Both the solutions are discussed in below section. Choose the steps according to your operating system and Windows Outlook or Mac Outlook.
Guide for Mac OS Users
If you are Mac OS user then you can either follow Mac Outlook inbuilt option to convert Outlook email to PDF format or use professional software. Both are explained below:
Steps to Save Outlook Emails as PDF on Mac for Free
There are many manual solutions that are available to users that they can use to convert Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016 emails to PDF on Mac. But, there is a high risk of data loss while performing these manual tricks. Also, it is quite technical, which makes it difficult for non-technical users to follow them. Still, we have mentioned steps below you can follow them and save multiple Outlook emails as PDF on Mac.
- Open Outlook, and select the email which you want to save as a PDF.
- Now, right-click on that email and then select the Print option
- Choose PDF option and then click on Save as PDF. This will save Outlook emails as PDF in your Mac.
- Provide the destination location to save the PDF emails.
- In the end, the user can traverse to the location where they have saved the PDF file.
The above-mentioned process is appropriate for exporting a few Outlook emails to PDF only, as it takes one-by-one processing of emails. But if in case, you want to save multiple Outlook emails as PDF on large scale, then it is recommended to use any automatic software solution as this will not be possible with the help of this manual method. Moreover, this process is not 100% safe as there are chances of data loss and data corruption.
Export Mac Outlook Emails to PDF Using Software
If users are looking to save Outlook email to PDF in batch without any data alteration & corruption, then you must try Mac OLM Converter. This software can bulk export Mac Outlook emails to a different file format like PDF, PST, MBOX, EML, HTML, etc.
It supports bulk OLM file conversion without resulting in any kind of loss of data. Along with emails the tool also converts OLM contacts to vCard, calendars, tasks, notes into PDF format. While exporting Outlook emails into PDF format, the utility provides various advanced options to set PDF file margin, page layout, page size, bates number, and date stamp. It supports the Outlook OLM files of versions 2019, 2016 & 2011.
Traverse the short working on how to save Outlook emails as PDF on Mac is discussed. Find out the steps:
Step-1: Click the Add File button to add the Mac Outlook OLM file.
Step-2: After that, select the PDF radio button, the user can select the Maintain Folder Hierarchy option also.
Step-3: After clicking on the Advance setting button, the user can choose the settings according to his/her requirement. Click the Save button.
Step-4: After selecting the destination location, click on the Export button.
Step-5: A message will appear showing the export process completed successfully.
Guide for Windows OS Users
Windows OS users can also opt either inbuilt Print option in Microsoft Outlook or third party software to export emails with all associated attributes from Outlook to PDF format. Both the solutions are explained below:
Export Outlook Emails to PDF Using Inbuilt Print Option
Microsoft Outlook provides an option to directly print emails or save in PDF format with basic customization. To use this function you need an Outlook with configured profile. Follow the steps:
- Launch Microsoft Outlook and Select either single email or Multiple (using Ctrl Key).
- Hit File from Outlook header menu and hit Print.
- Explore the Printer Drop Down and Select Microsoft Print to PDF Option.
- Click Preview to view all selected emails.
- Hit Print and browse Path to save Outlook emails as PDF file.
Software to Convert Outlook Email to PDF Format
Outlook inbuilt print option does not provide options like: Naming Convention, Category Selection, Date Filter, Include or Exclude Internet Message Header, Apply Margin, Page Size, Add Custom Text in Header and Footer of Every Page, Option to Handle Attachments, Apply Bates Number, etc.
To overcome these limitation and complete data conversion, user can rely on Advanced PST to PDF converter. The software is compatible with latest Windows 11 and all below version. Free demo version of this software is also available to test the working and all advanced options.
It is recommended to use free demo version and check capability by export 25 emails/folder from Outlook to PDF format. After getting desired result, buy full version. Follow below steps:
- Download Software and Install on Windows Machine
- Browse the PST File That Contains the Emails for PDF Conversion
- Preview All Emails in Software Panel in 8 Different View Modes
- Hit Export Button and Select PDF Radio Button from List
- Hit Adv. Settings Button and Apply Required Settings
- Browse Path to Save the Exported PDF File and Hit Export
- Tool will Start Exporting Outlook emails in PDF File Format
Here in the above article, we have discussed how to save Outlook emails as PDF on Mac providing both manual and automatic solutions. The users can opt for any of the suggested solutions at their convenience. If a user wants to opt third-party tool, then they can test it by downloading the free or the trial edition of the software which is suggested above. After getting satisfied with the utility, they can further proceed with the purchasing of the software so that they can easily convert multiple Outlook emails to PDF with attachments.