User Query – How do I recover deleted meeting in Outlook? I accidentally lost a few of my important meetings from my Calendar while removing some unwanted ones. This made me panic and I quickly stopped working on my computer. I have no clue how to get these back without losing them permanently which is why I need a solution on urgent basis. Please help!
Outlook, as known, is a desktop-based email application offered by Microsoft for exchanging emails regarding business or personal conversations. Now, apart from the email facilities, Outlook also offers a feature that allows users to pin their meetings and various events on the Calendar.
This feature is used by a lot of users to remind them of the events they have on a certain date but what if these are lost due to any reason? How will you restore deleted meeting in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010? Well, this is what we are here to solve. Let’s learn the solutions for the same in the following sections.
Pay attention: If you do not have any knowledge in the technical arena, do not touch your Outlook data files. Once these files are lost and overwritten, there are no ways of getting them back no matter what you do or how hard you try. To be sure that nothing happens to your data and it is easily and quickly retrieved, use a reliable tool that has the ability to safely restore the lost data.
In case you have soft deleted your data, it is possible to get it back from the deleted items or trash folder. Following steps show how:
1. Launch Outlook application for desktop.
2. Go to the Deleted Items or Trash folder on the left side pane.
3. Now, choose a meeting and right-click on it.
4. From the drop-down menu, select the Move option and choose Other Folder button.
5. Or, simple just drag the meeting and drop it in the required folder.
This method is only for those meetings that are stored in the Deleted items or Trash folder. If you cannot find the data you want, go to the next solution.
Here, we are talking about permanent deletion of the data from Calendar. If your meeting has is not to be found in the Trash folder, it means that it has been cleared and the data is permanently deleted. It could be cleared for two reasons; one being the time period after which the data is automatically erased from the trash folder. Second being the user to clear their trash or deleted items folder and not paying attention while doing so.
Don’t worry, the data is still stored on the server if it has not been overwritten. The solution mentioned below tells how to recover deleted meeting in Outlook from the server:
1. Open Outlook and click on the Deleted Items folder.
2. After that, choose the Home button and select Recover Deleted Items from Server option.
3. Now, choose the items that you want to restore and press the Restore Selected Items option.
4. When prompted, hit Ok and you will find that the data is being restored.
Note: In case you are having trouble finding Recover Deleted Items from Server option, it means that your Outlook account doesn’t have Exchange Server.
As discussed, if your account doesn’t have Exchange Server, then the above mentioned solution will not work. For such a case of hard deletion, you can choose to go for the Outlook PST Repair Software which can easily restore deleted meeting in Outlook 2016. The tool has the capability to get the data repaired from Outlook items like calendars, emails, contacts, and maintain the data integrity.
Now, let’s take a look at the working of this software.
Follow the order of instructions to use this tool:
1. Run the software and click on the Add File option.
2. Choose the Select File radio button and click on the … button to add the files to the software.
3. Now, mark the Quick Scan option, press Add button, and wait for the tool to complete the scan.
4. Select the Export Selected option and mark the data you want to recover.
5. Click on the PST Radio Button and hit Advance Settings to apply filters.
6. Set a destination location by choosing the Browse button and finally hit Export to complete the procedure.
This is how you can restore deleted meeting in Outlook 2016 with the help of the software to make sure none of the data is lost. The filters that are provided in the Advance Settings are as follows:
Apart from these, there are a few other options that are provided to you during the procedure that are:
There could be a requirement of users to recover deleted meeting in Outlook since some users may have deleted the data accidentally or intentionally without realizing. This causes them to look for solutions to retrieve the data which is why we have written this blog explaining all the possible ways. User can choose any of the methods described above as suited. The manual methods work perfectly well but there are case scenarios for them as discussed. Find which one is the best solution for your situation.