How to Recover Lost Draft Email Outlook 2013, 2016 & 2010?
Are you searching for an email saved in the draft folder of your Outlook mailbox & unable to find it? We receive similar queries from users around the world & we know what could be the issue. With over 400 million users of Outlook, 4 out of six users are unable to recover lost draft email Outlook. The primary reason for this is the lack of core technicalities.
Evidently, we are trying to solve this universal issue for users through this guide. Moreover, we are trying to provide them with a 360° understanding of the entire scenario. It includes the reasons for losing emails, draft email characteristics & basic to advance methods to get emails back. Reading the entire tutorial guide can make you a master at this task.
So, without wasting any time, we are going to start with the reasons for losing these draft emails. Followed by the methods to recover deleted items from Outlook.
How to Find Lost Email Draft in Outlook & Why Does It Even Happen?
When we write an email & then send it to an opposite email address, that email stays in our sent folder. Similarly, the incoming message stays in the inbox folder. However, when users create an email & then do not send it anywhere, it automatically goes into the drafts folders. These draft emails are used just as formats or layouts majorly.
Below are the reasons why these emails get missing in their mailboxes.
- Users are unable to find these draft emails due to the accidental deletion of these emails.
- Permanent deletion of the draft emails by users from the system is also one of the reasons.
- Cyber attacks can also be the reason for users to recover unsaved draft email Outlook 2016.
- Sudden shutdown of system & application without following steps may result in loss of drafts.
- Outlook app crashing is another reason why these emails get lost from mailbox’s drafts folder.
- The corruption of the Outlook application, & Windows crashing can be another reason for this.
Recover Lost Draft Email Outlook from Deleted Items Folder
We know that once we delete any data file from Outlook, it goes to the deleted items folder. However, what several may not be aware of is that the deleted items stay in that folder for about 30 days. After that, Outlook automatically deletes those emails.
Evidently, if it’s not more than 30 days of your drafts emails being lost, users can recover the draft emails. However, users are not able to recover permanently deleted emails from Outlook. We have another solution for that discussed in the later section. Follow the below steps first to get back your unsaved & lost drafts emails from this deleted items folder.
Outlook On the Desktop
Steps-1. Open your Outlook application in the system.
Steps-2. Now Go to the Deleted Items Folder to proceed.
Steps-3. Search for required Emails there & Select them.
Steps-4. Right Click >> Move >> Other Folder >> Path.
Recover Unsaved Draft Email Outlook Web
Step-1. Launch Outlook on the portal.
Step-2. Go to the Deleted Items Folder here.
Step-3. Select either One or All Emails there.
Step-4. Click on the Restore to get them automatically.
After this step, draft emails be re-stored to the original folder from there they were deleted. This is for any of the Outlook versions like 2010, 2013, 2016, etc.
Recover Unsaved Draft Email Outlook 2016, 2013 & 2010 Automatically
If your emails are lost forever & can not be restored using the above-mentioned way, you need to change the approach. Go with the modern approach & select the automated solution to get back perpetually lost draft emails in Outlook.
Download the Microsoft Outlook PST Repair Tool & then simply follow the below steps to simply get all the crucial draft emails back.
Step-1. Click on the Add File button to add the PST file from which the data is lost.
Step-2. Now, Select the Quick Scan or Advance Scan as per your requirements here.
Step-3. Select unsaved & lost files from the available list, highlighted in Red Color here.
Step-4. Apply the Date & Category Filters to recover lost draft email Outlook selectively.
Step-5. Set the Destination Folder Location & then just Select the Resultant File format.
Step-6. Click on the Export button to recover the lost drafts emails from Outlook without hassles.
Automated Tool For Mac OS
Users who are working on any apple device rather than WIndows, do not need to worry. This automated utility also comes for the Mac OS. So, now Every user can recover their draft emails whenever they want.
Features of the Modern Method Method that Makes It Super Tech
After learning how to find lost email drafts in Outlook, we’re going to look at the features of modern methods. These features can help us in getting knowledge about the tool. This way we can be aware of the capabilities of the software to utilize it to its utmost level.
- The automated software is capable of recovering forever lost emails from Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, & 2019.
- Along with draft emails, users can also get their contacts, calendars, notes, tasks & journals back without any hassles.
- Users can get the lost draft email files back in multiple file formats like PST, PDF, MSG, EML, HTML, and Office 365.
- If the reason for file loss is corruption, then this utility can also repair the corruption in the files from low to high levels.
- There is no limitation on the size of the PST file to recover unsaved draft email Outlook 2010, 2013 & 2016 versions.
- The software can also find the password-protected PST files & then recover them with proper data safety measures.
- SMIME & OpenPGP encrypted files can also be recovered using this automated solution while maintaining total data integrity.
- Outlook versions 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 & 2016 are supported by this utility> moreover it is also compatible with Windows 11 & below versions.
Bringing It All Together
If your emails are lost, then opt for the automated method to recover lost draft email Outlook 2013. The automated method is an advanced utility designed dedicatedly for solving such issues. Moreover, users can easily get their emails back from the deleted folder within 30 days. Using this modern utility is totally safe as it is even a recommendation of Microsoft’s MVPs & IT experts.