How to Recover Permanently Deleted Files from Windows?
There are some people who use “Shift + Delete” button when they want to remove files or folders from the system. Doing so permanently deletes the files which are beyond recovery and leads to users looking for solutions on how to recover permanently deleted files from windows 11, 10, 8, 7. Also, there are some users who have this habit to regularly empty recycle bin to clear up some of the junk files.
Sometimes, people accidentally delete the files from external storage devices like USB, pen drives, SD cards, memory cards, etc. Folders and files deleted in these scenarios will be permanently deleted and thus cannot be retrieved directly from the recycle bin. But users do not have to worry! They can read this article to know how to restore permanently deleted files windows11, 10 and can get the best solutions to retrieve the data back.
The following write-up will discuss the issues and solution to retrieve permanently deleted files from a system. Let us explore the content before proceeding:
How to Restore Permanently Deleted files windows – User’s Query!
User 1 – Hello everyone, last night I deleted some important files from my windows Machine. Please let me know to the process to recover deleted files from windows 10, 8, 7.
User 2 – Hi Experts! My son deleted some precious pictures from my windows os. I didn’t found deleted pictures in recycle bin. Can you please help me to recover deleted files from windows.
User 3 – I want to know how do I retrieve permanently deleted files in windows 11, 10, 8, 7. I am using Windows 10 on my system. I accidentally deleted some files even from recycle bin folder. So suggest me a trusted way to recover permanently deleted data in windows operating system.
Manual Ways Recover Permanently Deleted Files from Windows
There are various manual methods available which can help users to know how to retrieve permanently deleted files from window Machine. Users can follow any of the below-mentioned technique to easily recover deleted files from Desktop.
#1. Restore Permanently Deleted Files Windows 10 via Previous Versions
This is one of the free way to retrieve deleted files in windows 10 without using any software. When the user deletes any of the folders from the desktop by using the “Delete” button, then there are possibilities to get back the data from previous restore versions.
Follow the below mentioned steps to recover deleted data in windows.
- Create a new folder or a file on the desktop & name it with the same name as the deleted file or folder.
- Right click on the file to choose “Restore previous version” option. Now, Windows will search & will list the previous versions of the permanently deleted data with different parameters like time and date.
- After that choose the latest one & then click “restore” to undo the permanent deletion to get back the deleted files or folders with ease.
Frankly speaking, when we remove files from Recycle Bin, or when we delete a file using Shift + Delete command, in both of these situations this is considered as permanent deletion. There are several other factors that also cause permanent deletion which are:
- Malware Interruption
- Emptying the Recycle Bin
- Deletion of Files using Command Prompt
- Deletion of large files that bypass through Recycle Bin
- Erasure of user account from Drive that results in related files removal
Note: – If this solution does not work for you and you are unable to recover deleted data from desktop. Then move to way 2.
#2. Retrieve Permanently Deleted Files from Windows Using File History
This is the built-in Windows 10 system feature. This freeware backup solution allows users to restore the older version of the lost or the deleted files. Follow the below-stated steps and recover deleted files in Windows 10, 8 etc.
- Open Folder which includes Deleted Files
- Now, Click History option
- After that click the Previous button
- Now, select the File
- And then click the restore option
Automatic Solution to Recover Permanently Deleted Files from Windows 11, 10
The automated solutions are comparatively easy, powerful, and reliable, and do not require any technical expertise to use. To use this secure utility, click on the download button, and after that, perform the guided steps to recover deleted files from my system. The market is filled with several third-party tools; however, not all of these utilities are as efficient as predicted. Therefore, according to the expert’s recommendation, users can go for the Hard Disk Recovery Tool.
This software can easily help you recover permanently deleted files from external hard drive using any of the NTFS or FAT file systems. The user can recover photos, videos, documents, music, and other multimedia files.
Working Steps of this Software
Traverse the following steps to restore permanently deleted files from windows:
- Download & Run the software, after that the home screen will appear as shown below.
- Users can scan the drive with two types of scanning option i.e. Scan & formatted Scan.
- Now, User can select partition & click on the Scan button to recover deleted files from my windows Mashine.
- View the folders in the left panel after the completion of the scanning process.
- As soon as you select the folder from the left panel, the complete view of data will be displayed in the right panel of the software. The permanently deleted files will appear in red color after recovery.
- Select those files or the folders which you want to recover and after that click the Save button to start saving the files.
- Choose the location from the Browse Folder option, After that click on OK to start with the export process.
- The tool will now start the process.
- After the completion of the process a dialog box will appear displaying “Export Process Completed Successfully”. Click OK to proceed.
The Final Note
Users are now aware of the approaches for how do I recover permanently deleted files from windows 11, 10, 8, 7 with both manual as well as the automated solutions. Accidentally or voluntarily deleting your files from system permanently may stress users out which is why it is important to be careful about the data being lost. Follow the right approach that best suits the requirements to easily retrieve permanently deleted files in windows 11, 10.
Q: Is this tool used to recover permanently deleted data in Windows 10?
Yes, this tool allows you to recover lost data from hard drive on Windows 11, 10, 8, or 7.
Q: After recovering data from an external hard drive, can I save the recovered files on my system myself?
Yes, the software allows you to save data to the desired location after recovery.