How to Remove Password from Encrypted PDF on Mac OS X
PDF i.e. Portable Document File Format is used to transfer data from one place to another. It is not only used for sharing data but also stores confidential information. People secure their files by adding a password but, at times it is required to remove password from encrypted PDF on Mac operating systems. Basically, password security in PDF files is of two types i.e.
- User-level Password Security – In this, the user needs the password to open the PDF Files.
- Owner Level Password Security – In this, the user needs the permission password to add restrictions in the PDF files.
Manually Remove Password from Encrypted PDF on Mac
Mac Preview is one of the manual techniques to remove passwords from files on Mac. Just follow these simple steps to carry out the process:
- Right-click on the PDF file that you want to unlock.
- After doing this, choose “Open With” and then select “Preview”
- Now, you need to enter the password and press “Enter” after adding the password.
- When you will complete these steps, the file will be opened.
- Now the user needs to click on the “file menu” and click on the “Save” button.
- After doing all this, you have to select a location to save password-protected PDF Files.
- The most important part is to “Uncheck” the “Encrypt option” before saving the PDF document.
- After this, just click on the “Save” button to remove the password from PDF Mac.
There are some limitations to using this manual solution for removing security files. Now, to overcome these limitations we have described an automated tool also. But, before that let us know the drawbacks of the manual method.
Limitations of the Manual Method
- Non-technical users will face problems because it needs high knowledge & technical skills
- Does not support removing password from encrypted PDF in bulk. At a time single file can be unlocked
- It requires Permission password to remove password encryption from PDF document
Perfect Solution to Remove Password from Encrypted PDF on Mac Document
PDF File Restriction Remover is a top-notch tool that helps users to unlock PDF documents. Along with this, the tool enables PDF file permissions like copy, print, edit, comment, sign, etc. It easily
removes encryption from pdf.
This tool allows users to easily get their PDF documents unlocked and removes the owner-level and user-level protection. The software offers various features that give users the benefit to save protected PDF files as unprotected safely and quickly so that users can make changes easily. We will learn these features in the write-up later. Let’s first check out the guidelines to make the tool work.
Easy Steps to Remove Password from PDF on Mac
1 – Download & Run the software on Mac Machine to unencrypt a PDF file.
2 – Click the “Add files” or “Add folders” option to add PDF.
3 – Enter the password of the corresponding PDF file & click “Change” to set the destination path.
4 – Click the “Unlock” button and unencrypt a PDF file.
5 – By using these steps users can successfully unlock password-encrypted PDF documents.
Key Features of the Automated Software
- Unlock PDF for printing, copying, editing, etc.
- Removes restrictions from PDF files in bulk
- It can remove known User-level and Owner-Level passwords in bulk
- Does not require Adobe Acrobat to perform the password removal operation
- Supports work with Mac OS X 10.8 and above versions.
After reading this blog, the user can successfully remove password from encrypted PDF on Mac OS X. Manual procedure to remove protection is described here but it is having some limitations like does not applicable for multiple files, etc. Thus, to overcome these limitations here we have described automated software that will help you to unencrypt a PDF file.
“Hey! I have to complete a task on an urgent basis, I want to remove password from encrypted PDF on Mac OS X in bulk. I have used Google Chrome to do the same. But, in this method, I have to repeat the same process again and again. Thus, it becomes a very lengthy and time taking process. So, tell me any application through which I can unlock the document.
“Hello! I want to unlock security from my PDF files on Mac. So, I used some online applications to unlock file security. But, that software is asking for the permission password which I don’t have. So, please suggest to me any reliable tool through which I can remove password protection from PDF file Mac.”