Apply These 3 Secret Techniques to Remove Edit Protection from PDF
Often you have come across many PDFs like your Bank Statement, Aadhar Card, etc. which cannot be edited further or which are secured with edit protection. This is the owner level security which is implemented for end users by the person who has created the document. Generally, this level of security is issued on confidential documents like Legal Advisory, etc where there is a need to password protect your PDF file so that any kind of tempering can be avoided. But what if there is urgent requirement to remove edit protection from PDF? If you are still not confessed why this situation will arrive just take a look at the some of the user scenarios which is directly related to this problem.
“Hello, I work in an organization where documentation of work is a main issue. I have been given a PDF file of 155 pages in which I was asked to add related images. But as soon as I had tried to open the file, a message box displayed saying “file.pdf is protected. Please enter a Document Open Password”. This is the main project file so I cannot deny the work. Can any body out there help me out, how to remove edit protection from PDF?”
“Hi, I am a student and I often download study material online. Yesterday, I downloaded an eBook which is password protected. To access the book I have to purchase the book but I do not want to spend money on that as my pocket money is low. Can anybody help me out how to get rid of this situation.”
After reading the above two queries, you must be convinced why it is a big issue to unlock PDF for editing files. Moving on, we will be discussing all the possible methods which can be used to remove the protection.
Different Methods to Remove Edit Protection from PDF
PDF has become one of the most desirable file format because of its platform independency. In this section of the blog, we are going to tell you different ways to unlock PDF document for editing.
There are two approaches to remove security to edit PDF:
We will discuss each approach briefly and concisely.
How to Unlock PDF File for Editing Manually?
There are two manual workarounds using which users can try to remove edit protection from PDF file. But you have to be very careful while using these methods as they are not reliable which can lead to corruption of the file. The methods are:
- Using Adobe Acrobat
- Using Google Chrome
Removing Edit Protection Using Adobe Acrobat
- Go to the Adobe Acrobat Pro app on the system you are working.
- Now, open Desired PDF file from which you want to remove security protection.
- After that, go to the Lock icon present at the left side of the display. Now, hit on the Permission Details. If you want, you can select File>>Properties option and after that Security tab.
- Choose the Security Method, a drop-down list will be displayed and now select No Security from the given option. Now, enter the password & click OK.
- Again, select File >> Save. This option will save all the changes you made in a PDF file.
- Finally, close the Adobe Acrobat Pro application to remove edit protection from PDF.
Unlocking PDF File using Google Chrome
Open your Chrome browser on Windows, Linux and on any other OS you are using, then perform the below mentioned steps with your browser.
Note: If you do not have Chrome Browser on your system, then download it for free from https://www.google.com/chrome/. Simply click on the download button.
- Proceeding with the next step, open the PDF document by providing the password.
- Now, choose the Print icon present at the upper right corner of the file.
- After that, select the Change button and hit on the Save as PDF option. Finally, click on Save.
- Provide the name and destination location of the new PDF file.
- Finally, you can see the new PDF with the same content as the original PDF, without the password & security on a new file.
A More Reliable Approach to Remove Edit Protection from PDF
As we have already mentioned that manual methods to are not reliable and can cause corruption to the PDF File. Now, you must be thinking of the other alternatives to solve the issue. We have brought an advanced way to remove password from encrypted PDF on Mac OS and Win OS without the implemented restrictions. This tool unlocks the PDF file from the both level of security: user level security and owner level security.
It removes PDF read-only restriction and other restrictions like Printing/ Copying/ Editing etc. Users can easily remove encryption from 128 / 265 bit. This application does not require installation of Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader to unlock the PDF file. Check out how this tool works:
1. Launch the software to remove edit protection from PDF on your desktop.
2. Click on the Add File(s) option to input the files you want to unlock in the software.
3. Choose Save or Print option as required and mark Keep Source PDF Password in Output PDF checkbox.
4. Press the Change button to set a destination path for the final result.
5. Hit Unlock to remove the protection from required files.
To Sum Up
Here, in this blog, we have discussed the various techniques to remove edit protection from PDF file. Users can go for the any of the technique according to their requirement, but it is highly recommended to use automated solution as they are more reliable and there is zero chance of damage or corruption to the files.