A Perfect Guide to Remove Password From PST File Instantly
If you are a user who is looking for a solution to remove password from PST file, then this article is just for you. Read the complete guide to learn about different methods to help you out with this query.
Multiple users store their confidential data on MS Outlook. Microsoft Outlook acts as a personal manager that generally organizes and schedules the data efficiently.
Moreover, the data stored in the data file most likely includes emails, contacts, tasks, notes, calendars, schedules, and other items as well.
Also, there are times when users wish to encrypt their PST files. But, what if the user has forgotten the password or he/she needs to reset the password of the data file? In that scenario, users can easily remove password from PST file by using different techniques.
Before removing the password from PST file, let’s take a look at the reasons behind it. In the upcoming segment, we will provide you with the possible ways to remove password from PST file.
Why Do We Need to Open Password Protected PST File?
Now, we know there can be multiple reasons why one may want to remove password from PST file. Here are the reasons behind this query:-
- When someone forgets the password of their Outlook data file, resetting or removing the password may help in this scenario.
- To be able to open the password-protected PST file shared via other platforms.
- Also, if any user wants to import an encrypted data file in Outlook, then they need to enter the password.
How to Remove Password From PST File? – Possible Ways
By encrypting your files, users can prevent any sort of unauthorized access. But, sometimes it backfires when users forget the password or they can open their PST files due to various reasons. So, the only option left is by removing password from PST file. Hence, in this section, we will provide you with different solutions to help you decrypt the Outlook data file.
Workaround 1. Open Password Protected Outlook Data File
This method helps you to remove password from PST file and you can easily unlock the PST file in Outlook. So, to retrieve the password from the data file, you have to follow these below-listed steps:-
- First, open Microsoft Outlook on your Windows machine and choose the file tab.
- In the next step, hit the Account settings button and select the Account settings option.
- After that, click on the Data File icon to decrypt the file of your desire.
- Then, tap on the Data file tab and hit the settings option.
- Now, click on the Change Password option to reset your password.
- In the next dialog field, you need to add your old password and leave the other two fields empty.
- At the end, press the OK button to remove password from PST file.
Also Read:- How to Break Outlook PST File Password?
Why You Shouldn’t be Using Manual Methods?
By using the aforementioned technique, you can easily get rid of the password. But, you do need to be careful cause this method has some demerits that can affect the files.
- The entire method takes a lot of time and energy.
- It requires you to have the technical knowledge to perform the entire task.
- If by any chance, you cannot recall your old password, then you cannot make use of this technique.
Workaround 2. An Automated Solution to Remove Password From PST File
After considering the above-mentioned drawbacks, it is safe to opt for a secure solution. Also, the manual method will only work if you remember your old password, otherwise, there is no point. That is why we have come up with a solution that will allow you to remove password from PST file and you can also reset the password as per your requirement. The PST Password Remover will be the best solution to retrieve old and resetting the passwords as well. However, this application is compatible with all the versions of the Windows operating system.
How to Delete Password From PST File – Tutorial
Go through these below-listed steps to delete the password from the data file-
1. In the first step, Download and Run this utility on your Windows Machine.
2. Then, choose Add File or Folder(s) option to browse your files into the system. After adding the files, hit OK button.
3. After this, you can view the status of the added PST files.
4. In the end, hit the Remove Password option to delete password from PST file.
As we have discussed in this article, there are many reasons why one may want to remove password from PST file. For this, we have mentioned different ways to successfully delete or recover old passwords. But, after considering the drawbacks of the free method it is advised that one should use the professional solution that we have described in this following article.