How to Repair Corrupted JPEG Images – Simple Approach
We are back with the most searched query on the internet “how to Repair corrupted JPEG images? Are you also one of those individuals who are looking for a solution to perform this task easily. If your answer is yes, then you have arrived at the correct destination.
JPEG refers to Joint Photographic Experts Group. However, it’s a standard image format that consists of lossy and compressed image data. Regardless of the huge reduction in file size JPEG images retains reasonable quality of the images.
Furthermore, JPEG or JPG pictures shot with a digital camera can get corrupted sometimes. These images might display color damage as well as gray box, colored lines, errors, blur, and other issues too. This following blog explains the best way to repair corrupted JPEG images.
Why JPEG Files gets Corrupted? – Reasons for Corruption
JPEG pictures that are shot along side digital cameras are saved either in the camera SD card or built-in digital camera memory. Also, there might be a system disconnect during transfer of these JPEG files from camera to the computer. This can however lead to corruption in JPEG or JPG images. Furthermore, digital camera errors can also be the main reason behind JPEG corruption. Here are some of the reasons:-
- Sudden system shutdown or crash.
- The system drive can be corrupted or virus-infected.
- Camera memory card, USB or HDD is physically damaged.
- Digital camera error.
Manual Ways to Recover Corrupted JPEG Images
For this procedure, we are going to explain some easy ways to resolve this query. Follow the below mentioned methods to perform this task:-
#1. Change the Image Format Via Paint Tool
Sometimes images do not tend to open in JPEG/JPG format. Therefore, users can try to open them in any other format. By simply changing the file format of the particular JPEG images to some other format might as well do the job. For this users can utilize Paint application. Here follow these below mentioned steps:-
1. To start, open Paint application and browse your JPEG files into the panel.
2. Next, navigate to the File tab and choose Save As option.
3. From there, select any saving format and click on the Save option.
#2 Rename the JPEG Files
Renaming files once in a while is however considered to be an effective technique to repair corrupted JPEG images. That too without changing its file extension. For this, make sure to follow the below mentioned instructions:-
- First, navigate to the Image file that you wish to rename.
- After that, Right-click on that particular image and then a drop down menu will appear.
- Then, Rename the file and now you can access the file with its new name.
Demerits of Aforementioned Techniques
- These methods can only be useful if you have less number of images to recover.
- Also, it can be quite time consuming and lengthy procedure.
- There are also high chances that you may end up losing some of your files.
After discussing the disadvantages of the manual methods, it is better to opt for an automated solution. In this upcoming guide, we will mention a smart solution to repair corrupted JPEG images.
Read More:- How to Convert TGA to JPEG File Format?
A Quick Guided Solution to Recover Damaged JPEG Files
When these manual methods do not work for the repair of the image file, then users can opt for the Professional solution. There are multiple third-party applications or online converters that users can utilize to repair corrupted JPEG images. The Best Photo Repair tool will be the ideal option. This tool allows users to restore distorted, fuzzy, pixelated and gray scale pictures. It also supports of all the versions of Mac OS.
Working Steps to Utilize this Converter Software
Execute these below mentioned steps:-
1. To start, Download and Run this software on your computer.
2. Next, choose either Add File or Folder(s) option to browse your JPEG files.
3. After browsing the files, hit on the Scan button.
4. Users can also preview their files in the software interface before the procedure. Then, click on the Save option.
6. You can also preview your the conversion report by clicking on the View report option. The report however will be generated in CSV file format.
Amenities of the JPEG Repair Software
- Repair Various Images at once:- This tool can fix numerous images in the same format that too at the same time. It is however a quick and simple technique for repairing multiple corrupted, broken, or damaged JPEG files on Mac operating system.
- Fix Severely damaged Photos:- In the case of highly corrupted and distorted pictures, this repair tool helps to recovers the embedded thumbnails without damaging their visual quality.
- View Repaired Images:- Users can easily preview their repaired images. By which they will be able to check any sort of irregularity in the repaired photos before saving them. It also keeps the pictures intact throughout the operation.
- Secure Solution:- With this repair tool, users will be able to repair corrupted JPEG images without any issue. It is a secure and reliable solution and it does save any data on the server. Just install and run this application on you Mac OS.
That’s All For Now
In this following article, we have discussed how users can repair corrupted JPEG images. Aside from this, we have also mentioned both manual and professional solutions. Users can however choose any method best suited for them.
But the manual methods have some major drawbacks that can do more harm than good. That is why, it is highly advised to opt for the Automated solution that we have described in this following write up.