How to Save IncrediMail Emails to Hard Drive in 2 Simple Tricks
Since the services of IncrediMail came to a halt, users are stressed out and looking for ways on how to save IncrediMail emails to hard drive. If you are one of them, then you have landed on the correct page.
The main focus of this article is to know the ways a user can download their emails to a hard drive. But, you might wonder why?
This is an image from the official site of IncrediMail where they have announced that throughout the world they are shutting down their applications and servers.
This has led the users to a state of panic as many of them were using IncrediMail as their email client.
Users are now left with the option to export IncrediMail emails and switch to another email client. This will avoid losing any data that is important & backup all the crucial emails.
Many users are unaware of the fact that IncrediMail saves its data in IMM/IML file format in the hard drive itself.
The three versions of IncrediMail are IncrediMail XE, IncrediMail 2.0 (supporting IMM format) & IncrediMail 2.5 (suppurting IML format).
But the problem which remains is that both IMM and IML files cannot be accessed by any other email client.
What are the Ways to Learn How to Save IncrediMail Emails to Hard Drive?
There is a manual method to do the process but it is of no use. This is because majority of the users have at least 1000+ emails in their mailbox and this method can save only one email at a time.
Which is why using a professional tool is best in this scenario eliminating the wastage of time and effort in the annual process.
However, for those who want to use the manual method, it is explained in the latter section of this guide.
Method 1: Expert-recommended Method to Export Incredimail Emails
When you need to convert a bulk of emails to another file format, then the best tool to go for is the IncrediMail Converter. Why do we say that?
This tool can save all your mailbox data varying from emails, attachments, contacts, address book to your desired file format.
The different file formats this tool offers are PST, EML, MSG, MBOX, NSF and PDF.
Also, the various export types in which IncrediMail saves its data are – IMM, IML, DB, IM files, can all be converted by this tool.
Let’s now focus on how to save IncrediMail emails to hard drive using this tool:
Step 1. This is the image displayed on your screen after the tool has been downloaded and launched on your system.
Step 2. Click on the “Add File” option and load the file(s) to convert to desired format.
Step 3. Now, view the files or folders on your screen.
Step 4. Finally, the tool gives you the option to convert the files into a variety of options
Note: It is recommended to choose either the Outlook data file format (PST) or universally compatible file format (PDF) to export IncrediMail emails in. This is because they are the most commonly used file formats and can be accessed by the majority of email clients.
Method 2: Manual Way to Save Messages to a Hard Drive?
The file formats in which the emails can be saved to a hard drive are EML, HTML and TXT.
To know how to do it, follow the steps outlined below:
- First, run the IncrediMail application on your computer.
- Then, select the email that you want to learn how to save IncrediMail emails to hard drive in a different file format.
- Now select the File option, there will be a drop-down menu. Click on the Save As option from there.
- As you choose the Save As option, a window opens on the screen. From here select the location where you want to store your files. Also, choose the file format in which you want your emails to be stored.
- Select .eml format from the drop-down menu of Save as type and hit the Save button.
- Finally, your email is saved in .eml file format.
- Firstly, select the email that you want to convert.
- Select the File tab and choose Print or press Ctrl+P.
- Choose Adobe PDF from the printer list and hit the Print
- Navigate to the desired place and press the Save
Why do Users Want to Know How to Save IncrediMail Emails to Hard Drive?
- The first and foremost reason being an “added layer of security”. Users can save their crucial data in the hard drive and emit a sigh of relief.
- Another reason can be, to store it offline and be able to access it anytime they want.
- Last but not the least, to clear up some space. There can be many emails which are old and taking up a lot of space. If you export IncrediMail emails and save them locally, this will save a lot of space in the mailbox. Since we cannot take the risk of deleting them without having a copy of them first, it is better to download them offline.
With the services of IncrediMail no longer available, it is crucial on the part of every user to save their data in a safe place. This will be helpful in accessing them whenever they want.
The two methods to understand how to save IncrediMail emails to hard drive are discussed in this blog. Because the manual method is not of much use, the alternate way to do it- an automated method is also shared.