How Can I Split One VCF Into Multiple Files | Best Technique
Summary: This guide is specially designed for users which are stuck in a situation and looking for a solution to Split one VCF into multiple. We are here with the solution to resolve this query in a hassle-free way. Read the complete article for the easy process.
vCard file is an electronic file that is also known as a VCF file. VCF is supported by multiple platforms like MS Contacts, Outlook, Mozilla, etc. These files are basically used for sharing contact information and they can save in single or multiple files also.
But sometimes users want to split their vCard files into multiple files due to some reason and they get stuck in between the process because this procedure contains some limitations and technical knowledge also. In this write-up, we tell you about the manual and the automated solution, select as per your need.
Free Approach to Split your VCF Files into Multiple
In this section of this guide, we will talk about the manual solution to resolve the query to split one VCF into multiple files. If you are looking for a free way then, read this section carefully there are some limitations also which we explained to you after the process. This process is divided into 2 parts. Let’s get straight to the steps.
Phase 1: Convert VCF Into Windows Contact
- In the first step, go to C:\users\%username%\ contacts and click on the Import button.
- Now, hit the option Import to Windows contacts dialogue box, select the vCard file option and click Import.
- In this step, From the Select, a vCard File for Import box, go to the location where the .vcf file is saved.
- In this step, select the file and click the OK button.
- The property window will open, and you will see both the contacts and make changes as per your need.
Phase 2: Windows Contact to Single File
After completing the above phase follow the steps one by one which are mentioned below.
- Now, hit the Export button in Windows contacts. Hold the Down button + CTRL key and select the files.
- In the Export Windows Contacts select the vCard folder or click the Export button.
- Browse the folder and select the files where your vCard files are placed. And click the OK button.
Limitations of Manual Technique
The above-mentioned The above-mentioned solution is capable and allows you to split one vcf into multiple. This solution also contains some drawbacks.
- During the import process, you need to enter the details and confirmation for each contact in the VCF file.
- If you press the cancel button intentionally or accidentally for one contact all the corresponding context import processes will be canceled simultaneously.
- You cannot select & export a particular contact, it will export all the contact every single time.
Also Read: How to Merge Multiple VCF File Into One
Smart Technique to Split One VCF Into Multiple Files
As we above, the manual technique is capable but you also bare with some limitations. It will be easy if you split some contacts but for the whole mailboxes, it will be a hassle-full solution. In such case, we provide you the smart software to tackle all the limitations, vCard Splitter Tool.
This utility software comes with some great features and it can make the process so easy to split one VCF into Multiple. This software is designed to resolve these types of scenarios, it is user-friendly software there is no technical knowledge required. Also comes with demo trial versions also.
Working of the Tool
- Firstly, Download the tool and hit the Add file option to select the files.
- Get a Preview of the file that you select.
- After this, hit the export button to select single or multiple vcf files.
- Select the split option.
- After this, you will see the Export button and your process will be completed.
In this guide, we talk about the solution to resolve the query to split one VCF into multiple files. We talk about the manual and automated guides to make your work more reliable & easy. As we have seen above manual techniques have some drawbacks and to tackle them all we also provide you with a hassle-free method to complete the process quickly. It’s up to you which solution you want to select.