Split VCF into Multiple Files in Simple and Practical Methods
Summary: This guide is specially designed for users which are stuck in a situation and looking for a solution to Split VCF into multiple files. For the same reason, we are here with the solution to resolve this query in a hassle-free way. Read the complete article for the easy process.
vCard file is an electronic file that is also known as a VCF file. Further, VCF is supported by multiple platforms like MS Contacts, Outlook, Mozilla, etc. These files are basically used for sharing contact information. Also, they are save in single or multiple files.
But sometimes users want to split vCard file into multiple files for some reason. However, they get stuck in between the process because this procedure contains some limitations and technical knowledge. In this write-up, we will discuss the manual and the automated solution i.e. vCard Splitter, select as per your need.
Split VCF File to Multiple Contacts – A Free Approach
In this section of this guide, we will talk about the manual solution to resolve the query to split VCF into multiple files. If you are looking for a free solution, read this section carefully. It is because a freeway also contains some limitations which we will explain after the process. This process is divided into 2 parts. Let’s get straight to the steps.
Steps to Split VCF File to Multiple vCard Contacts
- Download and Launch the vCard Splitter tool.
- Click on the Add File to select multiple VCF files.
- Then, tap the Export button to choose the vCards.
- After that, check the split vCard option.
- At last, hit the Export button to complete the process.
Part 1: Convert VCF into Windows Contact
- Firstly, go to C:\users\%username%\ contacts and click on the Import button.
- Now, hit the Import option in the Import to Windows Contacts dialogue box. Then, select the vCard file option, and click Import.
- After that, under the “Select a vCard file for import” window, choose a vCard File by navigating to the location.
- Finally, in this step, select the file and click the Open button.
- Now, A Properties window will appear. Here, you can see the contacts. Henceforth, make changes as per your need.
Part 2: Windows Contact to Single File
After completing the above phase follow the below steps one by one to split VCF into multiple files.
- Now, hit the Export button in Windows contacts. Hold the Down (⬇) button + CTRL key and select the files.
- In the Export Windows Contacts select the vCard (folder of .vcf files). Then, click the Export button.
- At last, browse the folder and select the files that you want. Then, click on the OK button.
Limitations of Manual Technique to Split vCard File
Though, the above-mentioned solution is capable and allows you to split vcf into multiple files, contains some drawbacks. Let’s find it out from the points given below:
- During the import process, you need to enter the details and confirmation for each contact in the VCF file.
- If you press the cancel button intentionally or accidentally for one contact all the corresponding context import processes will be canceled simultaneously.
- You cannot select & export a particular contact, it will export all the contacts every single time.
Also Read:How to Merge Multiple VCF File Into One.
Smart Technique to Split VCF File to Multiple Contacts
As we above, the manual technique is capable but you will also face some limitations. It will be easy if you split some contacts but for the whole mailbox, it will be an arduous solution. In such a case, we provide you with the smart software to split VCF into multiple files tackling all the limitations – vCard Splitter Tool.
This utility software comes with some great features and it can make the process so easy to split vCard into Multiple files. Especially, this software is designed to resolve these types of scenarios. Furthermore, it is a user-friendly software. As a result, there is no technical knowledge required. Also, comes with demo trial versions.
Working of the vCard Splitter Tool
- Firstly, Download the tool and hit the Add File option to choose the files.
- Get a Preview of the file that you select.
- After this, hit the Export button to select single or multiple .vcf files.
- Select the Split vCard option.
- After this, you will see the Export button and your process will be completed.
In this guide, we talk about the solution to resolve the query to split VCF into multiple files. Further, we talk about the manual and automated solutions to make your work more reliable & easy. Apart from this, we find a manual technique that has some drawbacks. Considering such a scenario, we also provide you with a hassle-free method to tackle the limitations. On the whole, it’s up to you which solution you want to select.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are the major features of this VCF Splitter tool?
A: The major features of VCF Splitter Software are:
- Selectively split VCF into multiple files
- Preserves all contact information
- Option to preview vCard files before splitting
- Support several VCF-supported platforms such as iCloud, Outlook, etc.
- Compatible with various versions of vCard format like 2.1, 3.0, and 4.0.
Q. Does this vCard VCF Splitter support modified or altered VCF files?
A: Absolutely, this tool supports modified VCF files. In short, supports files that don’t contain Begin vCard and End vCard.
Q. Does this tool support bulk vCard file split?
A: Yes, this vCard splitter supports bulk file splitting assisting you in the contact management process.