How to Merge Multiple VCF files into One | Briefly Explained
Learning how to merge multiple VCF files into one is a great way to enhance your knowledge. To know what it is and how it is helping give this content a shot. Sometimes users get confused between VCF and CSV files as they both contain contacts but that is just a half-truth. CSV files only hold contacts as text and numeric content but, VCF contains both texts, numeric, non-text, and non-numeric content.
So believe it or not, VCF is superior to CSV vCard files are supported by many email clients like Microsoft Outlook (2007 and prior versions), iCloud, Gmail, etc. Why do you think the vCard files format is so useful? All in one a single file can hold all your contact’s data with photos, audio clips, etc. Users want to merge multiple VCf files into one, but it is not easy to maintain the huge number of .vcf files into email clients.
“Hello, I’m Catherine from Amsterdam. I am trying to import my VCF files into Gmail but I found out that it does not import bulk files. I have approx. 500 vCard files, it’s such a hair-pulling process to add VCF files one by one into a Gmail account. In a work-related situation I need to do it on an urgent basis, please help me to find a solution.”
“Hey, I have 200 contacts in VCF files separately, how can I merge them into one VCF file so that it’s simple to store, move and view them? If anyone knows the solution, reply to me. Thanks in advance. – Adam Pears.”
Manual Approach to Merge Multiple VCF files into One
VCF files provide efficiency while sharing contacts from one device to another. But it also gives us a headache when we talk about how to manage multiple VCF files.so, use the given methods:
Use Windows Command Line Interface
- Start command-line interface(cmd)
- Press Start or Windows button + r key
- Write cmd and press enter
(Locate the folder where multiple vCard files are stored)
- Enter command copy *.vcf all file.vcf ( after “D:\documents”, (i.e. if your folder is Documents, or change it))
- Your all vCard files are merged into one
Shortcomings of Using the Manual Method
- You can use this method when you know the Command Prompt, as it requires technical knowledge.
- The process requires continuous attention/supervision.
- With one wrong step, the process can be undone and you need to redo it again.
Professional Tool to Merge Multiple VCF Files into One
The alternative solution you can use is VCF Merge Tool. And follow the given below steps to perform the merge process. This software is intact your information, your files like name, email address, phone numbers, etc. The best procedure to complete the task in few minutes to Merge Multiple VCF files into One.
- Install the tool in your system.
- A dialog box appears “Check for prerequisites” >> click on OK.
- Go to Add file(s)/folder option >> select files and click on Open.
- Now, click on the Export option.
- Select Merge vCard to merge multiple VCF files into one.
- Add Additional settings and then select location after clicking on Browse >> hit on Export button.
- The Export process is complete.
You can Also Read: How to Import VCF files into Thunderbird in a seamless manner.
Why Users Should Opt for this Tool?
- The tool provides a complete preview of the added VCF files so that you can sort the contacts by size, date, and alphabetical order.
- It supports all versions of Windows OS and vCard files 2.1, 3.0, and 4.0 versions as well
- The tool supports every VCF file created by different email clients.
- Maintains every information of the VCF file after merging (name, address, image, attachments, etc).
- Saves the Export Report after the merge process.
- Merge VCF files into one automatically.
This utility software is an exciting tool that a lot of users overlook. Users can use this article to merge multiple VCF files into one. Besides this, a technical user can also avail of the manual method that has been explained to you in the above sections of the blog but beware of the limitations offered by the same.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques: Can I selectively pick the VCF file that I need using this tool?
A: Absolutely, you have the freedom to easily handpick vCard contacts using this utility. Further, it can be a handy feature while you are dealing with large vCard files.
Ques: Does this vCard merge tool enable me to preview the contacts?
A: Yes, this VCF merger tool enables you to preview contact details such as names, addresses, email IDs, images, descriptions, etc. Moreover, it is a worthwhile option to assess the contact files before making the desired choice.
Ques: Which versions of Windows does this merger tool support?
A: This merge vCard tool can be used in several Windows operating systems from Windows 11 (64-bit) to Windows 7 (64 & 32-bit), and older versions.
Ques: Can I use this utility for modified or edited VCF files?
A: Yes surely, this vCard merge tool is compatible to work with the modified or edited vCards. Further, it can be the right program for the files that do not include the “Begin vCard” and “End vCard” tags.