Subfolder Not Showing in Outlook | Top 3 Solutions
Many Outlook users have encountered the issue of “subfolder not showing in Outlook.” And this article will assist you in resolving the issue using both the manual technique and the automated tool.
Well, without a doubt, Outlook is one the essential part of many people’s daily lives, and when they encounter problems with Outlook, they become frusted beceue it affacts their workflow and productivity. Well, it is a natural reaction when users discover that your valuable data is risk. Now if you are one then how facing this issue, then no need to panic just keep reading this blog to find the solution.
Possible Causes of Subfolder Not Showing
Missing Outlook folders can be caused by a variety of factors. Any of the following might be the source of the issue:
- Some of your Outlook folders are concealed.
- Inadvertently, a folder was destroyed.
- Outlook isn’t communicating with the server.
- The personal folder file is destroyed
- Outlook PST corruption is also be the reason for this isseu.
How to Fix Subfolder Not Showing in Outlook
There are several techniques for overcoming this error, including both human and automated solutions. Let’s go through these approaches in depth to have a better understanding of how to solve this challenge.
# Method 1: Move to the Updated Version
If you are unable to view folders in your current version of Outlook, you may need to upgrade to a newer version. Make a new PST, export the items from the old file to it, and then open it in another version. So, if you’re working on 2007, go to 2010, if you’re utilising 2010, switch to 2013, and so on.
# Method 2: Reset All Views in All Folders
Resetting the views for the whole Outlook mailbox is another manual method of fixing the PST File missing or does not show subfolders problem. This approach restores your Outlook view to its default form, allowing you to see all folders and subfolders under Inbox.
1. To begin, you must close any instances of Outlook that are currently operating on your machine.
2. Now, launch the Run window, press Windows key + R, or search for Run in the start menu.
3. Enter “outlook.exe/resetnavpane” in the Run window and press OK.
Aside from that, you may try resetting the folder view. In MS Outlook, there is a View tab; click on it (before that make sure that you have selected the folder with the issue). Change the view by selecting the Change View option and applying it to the subfolders. Let’s take a closer look at how this approach works.
4. Open MS Outlook and navigate to the folder where you want to reset the display.
5. Now, navigate to View>>Change View and select a view mode from the drop-down menu.
6. Click the Yes button in the dialogue box after clicking Reset View on the opened View tab.
7. Return to the view tab and click Change view, followed by Apply current view to additional mail folders.
8. Check the box next to ‘Mailboxes and their subfolders,’ then select ‘Apply view to subfolders,’ and then click OK.
# Method 3: Repair Outlook PST File Using ScanPST.exe
When it comes to PST corruption, then Scanpst may be quite useful; it can cure nearly any fault you may be experiencing with your PST. All you have to do is run Scanpst and let it handle the PST problems. So, let’s see how you do on this. Before proceeding, you must first close all Outlook instances.
For Outlook 2007
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12
For Outlook 2010
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14
For Outlook Outlook 2010 64 bit
C:\Program Files (86)\Microsoft Office\Office14
For Outlook 2013
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15
For Outlook 2016 & 2019
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16
1. Now, once you’ve arrived at the specified place, locate the ScanPST.exe executable file and proceed as follows:
2. To utilise this, you must first close Outlook and all of its associated programmes and folders.
3. After you’ve found the location, double-click the exe to launch it.
4. When the application is launched, click the Browse button to add a PST file.
5. Now, click the Start button to start the procedure.
6. If the scan identifies the issue, click the Repair option to begin the repair procedure.
Best Way to Repair Outlook PST File
Well the above method is nice approach to resolve the corruption of Outlook PST file. But theer is some limitatiokn of the ScanPSt and here in this section we have discussed some of the major ones.
Restore Header Section Only- The first restriction that customers experience is that the programme can only recover small levels of corruption. Furthermore, while restoring a damaged file, it simply fixes the header portion of the Outlook PST file.
Unable to Recover Protected PST- The Outlook repair tools cannot restore password-protected PST files. As a result, in that case, consumers must seek for an Outlook Scanpst alternative.
So now we know the limitation of the ScanPST hence here in this blog we are going to introduce the one of the ,ost effective tool to repair the PST corruption. PCVITA PST Repair Tool.
This is a one-of-a-kind repair tool that has a slew of sophisticated capabilities, such as the ability to fix severe Outlook corruption. It also allows you to recover permanently deleted items from Outlook and provides a variety of file formats in which to save the recovered or corrected data.
Lot’s of people are seeking about how to resolve subfolder not showing in Outlook error. So, to make this task easy then here in this blog, we have covered some techniques to resolve the this isseu. Now, go through write-up to get rid out of this issue.