How to Transfer Emails from Gmail to Yahoo? Direct Solutions!
The fact that Yahoo has made certain changes in its interface & the storage space it provides, users are looking to transfer emails from Gmail to Yahoo.
Both Gmail & Yahoo Mail being popular email services are always in high demand of the users. Gmail is used by more than a billion users all over the world due to the services & features it provides to its customers.
Hence, when the reach becomes higher, the vulnerability increases. More people on Gmail means more cyber-attacks leading to a rise in cyber-crime which causes a facade on the web.
However, Gmail does provide security against such threats, yet, various users are still looking for a solution to migrate Gmail to Yahoo Mail.
Yahoo Mail is another email service that has been used by a large percentage of the vertical for a long. Even today, it maintains its value & place in the market regardless of the tough competitors.
The reason why users prefer moving to Yahoo is that it offers fewer cyber-attack events.
Various other reasons lead to migration from one email client to another that we are going to explain in the upcoming section.
Table of Content
Reasons to Choose Yahoo Mail over Gmail
- The free storage space offered by Gmail is limited to 15 GB only whereas, the storage space that Yahoo Mail provides is 1TB.
- In Gmail, there is always an increase in malware intrusions & spammers which force users to move to other email services, so, users choose Yahoo Mail.
- Organizations keep moving from one platform to another as per their needs. The employees of these organizations have to make the migration of emails as well. And thus there comes a requirement to import Gmail emails to Yahoo Mail.
How to Transfer Emails from Gmail to Yahoo?
- Open Gmail.
- Now, click on Gear Icon >> See all Settings.
- Go to Forwarding and POP/IMAP >> Add Forwarding Address.
- Next, enter the Gmail Email Address, and click on the Next button.
- Verify email address to successfully forward from Gmail to Yahoo.
Limitations of the Manual Method While Forwarding Emails
- This method is direct to know how to forward Gmail emails to Yahoo mail, yet, it becomes a time-consuming one because of the lengthy steps.
- It can prove to be difficult for certain users with no technical background or assistance to.
- Moreover, it leads to mismanagement of mailbox & is not always effective.
Alternative Solution to Transfer Emails from Gmail to Yahoo
Another method that you can use to make the transfer with no time being wasted is the PCVITA IMAP Migration Tool for Mac. With this automated solution, you can easily import Gmail emails to Yahoo mail account in bulk mode.
Moreover, along with this software, it will be easy for you to migrate the attached files with the Gmail emails. So, execute the migration procedure on any version of the Mac operating machine. As it can be used or operated on different versions of Mac operating system including Mac OS 13.0, 12.0, and below.
Steps to Transfer Gmail to Yahoo Mail
- Download the software on Mac desktop.
- Select the Gmail account as the source, and provide credentials.
- In the destination account, select Yahoo, and enter credentials.
- Now, validate both accounts in the user mapping list.
- At last, apply filters & click Start Migration to transfer Gmail to Yahoo.
Highlighted In-Built Features of the Software
With the help of this top-notch utility, you have the ability to migrate Gmail to Yahoo Mail easily, though it offers features like:
- This tool helps you to transfer emails from a specific time period via the Date filter option.
- Keep the folder structure maintained throughout the entire migration procedure. So, in the end, results, you get the same hierarchy as it was before.
- Preserve data integrity, metadata & properties while migrating emails from one account to another.
- Likewise, this tool migrates recently arrived emails post-first transfer, which helps in eliminating duplicate issues.
- Using the given Add feature, you are allowed to map the multiple source Gmail and destination Yahoo Mail accounts. Hence, it is quite helpful for concurrent migration without data modification.
- Moreover, through this software one can easily get an idea of where the Gmail emails to Yahoo mail migration process has reached.
These are not the only features provided by the tool that help in learning how to transfer emails from Gmail to Yahoo Mail. To know more features, you can go for its free demo version and perform the migration for limited emails.
When you transfer emails from Gmail to Yahoo, you need to make sure that the process you are using to transfer your emails does not have any loopholes or flaws. If your method is flawed, it can cause a lot of trouble during the process. Whereas, the manual method of performing the migration task is quite complex and creates some confusion. For your data security, we suggest you choose Gmail to Yahoo migration on desktop.
Q- How to forward Gmail email to Yahoo mail easily?
A- Email forwarding can be done by following the manual steps mentioned above with the in-built functions of Gmail account.
Q- Is it possible to migrate Gmail to Yahoo only for specific emails?
A- Yes, upon downloading the tool, you will get a date filter feature which can be used to set the required date range. The tool will migrate only specific emails from Gmail mailbox.
Q- What if the structure of my folders gets modified while using the tool?
A– There is nothing to worry about such things, as it is a tried and tested tool by experts that never disturbs the existing folder hierarchy and email properties.
Q- Can I use this wizard to move email from Gmail to Yahoo on my Mac OS 13.0?
A– Yes, this tool is self-contained and can be operated on any Mac OS version to migrate multiple emails from IMAP enabled email clients on any platform. So, yes, you can work with this tool on Mac OS 13.0, Mac OS 12.0 and below versions.