How to Transfer Files from PC to OneDrive? Complete Guide
Summary: Are you facing syncing or crashing problems with your cloud platform? In this blog, we have explained to you a solution to transfer files from PC to OneDrive without any hassle.
Microsoft provides a brilliant option for users to backup their local data to their cloud storage called OneDrive. It provides you 5 GB of storage space for free and you can always upgrade the package if you require more storage.
When you move files from pc to OneDrive, you safeguard yourself against any possible threats. If you do not transfer your data and have only one copy on your device, you are giving an invitation to some major problems.
Two ways to Transfer Files From Computer to OneDrive are Mentioned in the Post:
“I want to move all of my computer data to cloud storage. Whenever I start the process, it estimates 20+ hours to complete it. At times, it shows me an error that the process couldn’t get completed. As the files are quite large is there a better way to execute it?”
Why Upload Files from Computer to OneDrive?
- Data Theft of crucial information
- Crashing of computer system
- Prevent data from accidental deletion
How to Move Files from PC to OneDrive Manually?
If the user wants to execute this process for free, then follow the below-given steps:
- Go to the OneDrive website and enter your Microsoft credentials.
- Browse the location where you want to save your files in
- Now, select & upload the files from your PC to OneDrive
Drawbacks of the Manual Procedure to Transfer Files from PC to OneDrive:
- Takes too long to upload even small-sized files
- Crashes down often while uploading numerous files at a time
How to Upload Files from Computer to OneDrive Automatically?
In this situation, it is suggested to use a professional automated solution to speed up the whole process. The File System to Office 365 Migration Tool is a highly advanced tool to make migration possible within minutes. It enables you to transfer all file types and makes sure that the migration process is smooth.
Moreover, it also ensures maximum data protection throughout the data transfer. This utility offers a free demo version to its users to self verify the working and performance without paying any cost.
Salient Features of the Software that makes it One Stop Solution to Move Files from PC to OneDrive:
- Uploads PDF, videos, documents, images, zip, excel files, etc.
- Supports incremental migration i.e., transfers the newly arrived data without duplication.
- Enables users to include or exclude any folder from their file system
- Maintains the folder structure of the data even after migration
- No limitations on the file size that it migrates from PC to OneDrive
- Moves hidden data from your computer system so that none of the data is missed from migrating
- Preserves the file permissions applied as per the requirement
- Provides a date filter option to transfer desired data files
- Supports multiple other cloud storage spaces other than OneDrive
Steps to Transfer Files from PC to OneDrive Through Reliable Approach:
- Download and launch the software and run it as an administrator.
- Now, enter the credentials of your OneDrive account and click on the Connect button.
- Choose the folders from your file system to upload to OneDrive storage space.
- Apply the include/exclude file types feature if required.
- After that, choose the dates in the “From” and “To” fields, and files within that period will transfer.
- You can also include file size or size range. If you wish to upload files lesser than a certain size, you can use this option in order to move files from pc to OneDrive.
- Next, choose the destination folder or create a new folder in OneDrive to save your files.
- Hit the Start button to begin the process to transfer files from PC to OneDrive.
I was in a hurry to transfer my all files from my local PC to OneDrive. But, at the same time, I was very concerned about the important data, I was having on my PC. I did not want to lose any of them. While searching for an easy solution, I found this tool and I have tried the above-mentioned tool and smoothly transferred all my data to OneDrive without losing a bit.
In this blog, we explained you methods to move files from pc to OneDrive. We mentioned the manual method as well as automated software. The users can go with any of the options that suit them better. The recommended software is a great investment as it migrates data not only to OneDrive but to several other cloud platforms.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, this software supports multiple file types such as MP4, XLS, ZIP, PDF, JPG, PNG, DLL, PST, and many more. You can easily transfer files from PC to OneDrive.
No. This software has a delta migration feature that enables the users to upload files from PC to OneDrive without creating a duplicate copy. You simply have to connect the cloud to your PC to let it migrate files easily.
No, there are no such limitations on the number of files or the size of the files that it migrates. Users are free to move files from the computer to OneDrive.