Top 2 Methods to Transfer from Yahoo Small Business to Google Apps
In the present arena, many users are connected through a web-based email service. One such application is Yahoo small business which is used by many professionals for sending and receiving email messages. It also offers secure mail service to end-users but, due to certain difficulties in the server, they become unable to easily access their emails from Yahoo. So, the user tries to transfer from Yahoo small business to Google Apps.
It takes place as a prominently used email platform by many users because it facilitates amazing functionalities. Most of the email users, appreciate Gmail’s advanced search capabilities, flexibility, etc. If you need to do the same, but do not wants to take risk of losing all the emails and contacts you have collected over the years. Then, in the upcoming segment, we are going to discuss a reliable solution to migrate/move Yahoo business email to Gmail.
Effortless Way to Migrate Yahoo Business Email to Gmail
The instant method to transfer from Yahoo small business to Google Apps is a third-party application such as Yahoo to Gmail Migration Software. This tool is capable of exporting all emails located in a Yahoo mail account along with the associated files. The migration tool supports incremental transfer that will import only the new data in case of second-time migration. This utility is equipped with advanced features and functionalities. A novice user can easily migrate Yahoo email to Gmail without any difficulty because the software facilitates an understandable interface.
Steps-by-Step Guide to Transfer from Yahoo Small Business to Google Apps
Here, are some steps that can be used while moving from Yahoo small business to Google Apps effectively. The procedure is divided into two ways. One is export Yahoo mail to Outlook PST and then import resultant PST to Gmail. The process is described in an appropriate manner. You just need to follow the steps shown below.
1: Export Yahoo Mail to PST Format
Step 1: Initially, enter Yahoo mail username and password properly
Step 2: Now, select “PST” as an email format
Step 3: Browse a location to save Yahoo email in PST file
Step 4: Hit on “Start” to export the data from Yahoo mail to Outlook PST.
2: Import Resultant PST to Gmail
Step-1: Firstly, click on Add Files to begin the process to import Outlook PST file to Gmail
Step-2: Then, type Gmail credentials(username and password)
Step-3: You can apply advanced filters and other settings if you want to do it.
Step-4: At final, hit on the “Export” option to move data to Gmail successfully.
Migrate Yahoo Email to Gmail Manually
In order, to transfer from Yahoo small business to Google Apps manually. There are some steps you need to follow all of them in sequence to get a better outcome.
- First, you have to make sure, that you have a current Yahoo! Mail Plus subscription.
- Now, hit on the “Settings” button in Gmail application.
- Choose “Settings” from the menu that displays.
- Here, you have to go to the “Accounts and Import” tab.
- Then, select Add a POP3 mail account you own (or Add another email address you own) under Check mail from another account (using POP3).
- Add and type your Yahoo mail address under “Email address” option.
- Select “Next Step”.
- In this step, you have to add your full Yahoo mail address under Username.
- Enter your Yahoo mail password under Password field.
- Afterwards, make sure you select pop.mail.Yahoo.com under POP Server. Utilize pop.att.Yahoo.com or pop.sbcglobal.Yahoo.com for AT&T email. If the desired server does not prompt in the drop-down menu then select another one. Here, type the server name under POP Server.
- Choose 995 under Port.
- Generally, you should check to leave a copy of retrieved messages on the server. If this option is not enabled, your Yahoo mail will be maintained only in Gmail, and not in Yahoo.
- Check always use a secure connection (SSL) when recovering mail.
- Additionally, check Label incoming messages and opt a label to make emails uploaded from Yahoo mail simply recognizable and accessible.
- After that, check Archive incoming messages (Skip the Inbox) to generate archived copies of your precise Yahoo mail messages without having them interfere with your normal usage of Gmail.
- Hit on “Add Account”.
- Choose “Yes, I want to be able to send mail as ___ under Would you also want to be able to send mail as ___?”.
- Select “Next Step” option to move forward.
- In the “Name” field, enter the name you need to appear in the “From” line when you send mail using your Yahoo mail address from Google Apps.
- Now, you should have to check Treat as an alias. Having the Yahoo mail address treated as an alias means Gmail will review email from your Yahoo mail address as coming from you, and mail to your Yahoo mail address as sent to you.
If you send a message from Yahoo! Mail to your Gmail address with Treat as an alias enabled and reply in Gmail, your Google Apps address will display in the To field instead of the Yahoo mail address to avoid this, make sure Treat as an alias is not checked.
- If you need to replies to messages you send from Gmail using your Yahoo to go to an address dissimilar from your Yahoo mail address. Select Specify a different “reply-to” address. Type the Yahoo email address under Reply-to address.
- Opt “Next” Step
- Then, choose Send through Yahoo.com SMTP servers.
- Add “smtp.mail.Yahoo.com” under SMTP Server.
- Select 465 in an option to Port.
- Insert your Yahoo mail address under Username field
- Enter your Yahoo mail password under Password.
- Make sure Secured connection using SSL has opted.
- Hit on “Add Account” as an option.
- Choose for the “Send Verification” option if a prompt pop-up appears.
- Start the email from “Gmail Team” with the subject “Gmail Confirmation – Send Mail as ___” that you should get at your Yahoo mail address.
- Here, you have to copy the confirmation code.
- Additionally, paste the code under type and authenticate the confirmation code in the Gmail Add another email address you own wizard.
- Finally, select the “Verify” option to finish up the procedure successfully.
In this blog, we described two methods to transfer from Yahoo small business to Google Apps effectively. The manual approach is very lengthy and time-consuming while comparing it to another one. So, it is advisable to opt for an alternate way i.e., Yahoo to Gmail migration tool to migrate Yahoo business email to Gmail. Moreover, it depends on you which one you want to choose.
Use Yahoo Backup tool to save the emails in PST format, then open this file in Outlook easily.
Step 1: Start by running the application and sign in with Yahoo business account.
Step 2: Select PST option
Step 3: Browse location on system
Step 4: Start the process
Step 5: Import the PST file to Outlook