How to Transfer Mac Mail to Office 365? Manual and Automated Solution
Sometimes the user needs to switch the Mac Mail database to Office 365 due to multiple reasons. Most of the time, the users are not able to find a reliable yet simple way to transfer Mac Mail to Office 365. Therefore, in this blog, we are going to discuss a manual as well as an automated solution using which the users can transfer the Mac Mail database to Office 365 in a trouble-free way.
Need to Switch From Mac Mail to Office 365
Some of the possible reasons responsible for the transformation of Mac Mail users to Office 365 are as follows:
- Mac Mail offers fewer features compared to Office 365.
- The user can access emails, contacts, calendars, etc. anytime and anywhere from any web browser via Office 365.
- The person is no more a Mac user which means he/she is switching from Mac operating system to the Windows operating system.
Methods to Transfer Mac Mail to Office 365
After understanding the need for the transfer of Mac Mail users to Office 365, let us move towards the methods the user can implement to achieve the same. There are two methods to do so: By using the manual approach or by the automated approach.
Method 1: Automated Method to Transfer Mac Mail to Office 365
The user can transfer the Mac Mail files to Office 365 using an automated solution that is the Best MBOX to Office 365 Migrator Tool. With this software, the user can move the Mac Mail database to Office 365 in just a few clicks. The user can easily operate this software due to its user-friendly interface. Moreover, there is no risk of data loss while using this software. The software is designed with various features, some of them listed below:
- Allows users to move Mac Mail file(s) or folders to Office 365 as per their requirements
- With this utility, the user can easily transfer your Mac Mails easily to the Office 365
- No need to worry about the folder hierarchy as it is maintained by the software throughout the process
- Provides Date Filter option which permits the user to transfer the Mac Mail files as per the date range
- The tool is compatible with Windows 10/8.1/8/7 and all the below versions
Steps to Transfer Mac Mail to Office 365
- First, download and install this software on your system and launch it
- Now, click on Add File(s) or Add Folder option to insert the MBOX file and click on the Next button
- After that, you will notice that Office 365 radio button is automatically selected by the software. Next, click on the OK button
- Now, you will see two options: With Impersonation and Without Impersonation. Select one option according to your requirements
- With the Impersonation option: You have to enter the Admin username for the admin account and password for that admin account
- Without Impersonation option: You have to enter the password of each mailbox
- After selecting the option as per your choice, select the Mails option in Select Categories
- To apply filters, select the Apply Filter(s) radio button and click on the Set button
- After that, click on the Export button. The software will begin the export process
- Once the migration process is completed, click on the OK button. You can also save the migration report by clicking on the Save Report button.
Read More: You can also learn how to migrate Mac Mail to Outlook 2019.
Method 2: Manual Approach to Transfer Mac Mail to Office 365
- First, launch the Mac Mail on your system and configure your Gmail account in Apple Mail using the IMAP feature
- Now, you have to create a new folder in your Gmail within Mac Mail
- Select the required emails and move them to the new folder you just created in your Gmail account in Apple Mail
- After that, start Office 365 and configure your Gmail account here using the IMAP feature
- Once the configuration is done, you will be able to see the new folder which you created in your Gmail account in the Apple Mail application
- Now, you have to open this folder and select the emails
- Next, transfer the selected emails to a folder in Office 365
- Finally, you can delete your Gmail account from Office 365 and Apple Mail.
Unfortunately, there are some drawbacks associated with the manual approach such as the process being complex. The user must have the technical knowledge to execute the steps properly. Moreover, Outlook 365 should be installed and configured on your system. The user may also face data loss while implementing the manual solution. Therefore, to eliminate all the shortcomings associated with the manual approach, it is recommended to opt for a reliable and smart solution.
Nowadays, Office 365 is used by various users due to its reliable, efficient, and feature-rich nature. The users are switching from other email clients to Office 365. In this blog, we have introduced the manual as well as an automated method. However, it is advised to use an automated and trustworthy solution that is mentioned above to transfer MAC Mail to Office 365 without any data loss.