Top Methods Import Thunderbird Profile to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013
Are you finding a solution to convert Thunderbird’s profile data to Outlook? If yes, then you landed on the right page because here we have provided the simple & easy method to import Thunderbird profile to Outlook 2019/ 2016/ 2013/ 2010/ 2007. But, before knowing the solution let’s know more about two different email clients i.e. Mozilla Thunderbird & Microsoft Outlook.
Quick Glance at Thunderbird & Outlook
Mozilla Thunderbird is an open-source and cross-platform email client & is developed by Mozilla Foundation. It is not only used for sending emails but also provides various advanced features like scrolling options, message filtering, telemetry, crash reports, etc. On the Other hand, Microsoft Outlook is also the most popular email client that comes with the MS Office suite. It stores all data in a personal storage table i.e. .pst file format. Because of the multiple advanced features offered by MS Outlook many users want to convert Thunderbird emails to Outlook 2019 or below versions. Let’s understand it more clearly through some user queries.
Why Users Demand to Import Thunderbird Profile to Outlook 2019 & Below Versions
There are various scenarios when users want to migrate Thunderbird profiles. Some of them are given below:
“From the past few years I was working on Mozilla Thunderbird email client but, recently I switched to the new organization. There, I have Microsoft Outlook installed on my PC. However, I need to import Thunderbird profile to Outlook on an urgent basis. Does anyone know any reliable utility that can easily that can me to do so? All leads shall be appreciated.”
“Recently, I received some files containing some confidential data from one of my client who is using Thunderbird. But, I am unable to access these files on my system as I use MS outlook email client. I searched online and came to know, that in order to access these files in Outlook it is necessary to convert them into PST. However, I could not find any feasible solution for the same. Can anyone suggest any simple method to convert Thunderbird profile to PST? Thanks!!”
Advantages of Such Migration
The are multiple advantages to import Thunderbird profile to Outlook because it has multiple additional features & is structured in a work process way than Thunderbird. Apart from these some other benefits are as follows:
- Prevents spammers and hackers by providing a password protection service for encoding emails.
- Outlook provides a calendaring facility that helps users to make notes and manage tasks.
- It supports 96 languages which is another great advantage
- Antispam features are provided by MS Outlook to prevent any spam emails which is rarely offered by other email clients.
- Users can access already downloaded emails without internet connectivity. In MS Outlook users can also work in Offline mode.
#1 Import Thunderbird Profile to Outlook Using Drag-Drop Method
- To begin the process, run the Mozilla Thunderbird program.
- Then, open the messages folder that you want to move to Outlook.
- A user can select either single or all messages from the Thunderbird profile folder.
- Right-click on the selected messages and choose Save As an option
- Now, choose Select Folder and export the message.
- In this step, run the Microsoft Outlook 2016 program.
- Then, navigate toward the menu & select the New Folder option.
- Provide a name to the folder according to the user’s choice & click on the OK button to create the new folder.
- Now, choose the newly created folder & select all the emails that you have exported from Thunderbird.
- Click and drag the emails to the middle pane of Microsoft Outlook 2016.
- Finally, the user can access the profiles’ data in Outlook.
Pitfalls of Manual Approach
The manual technique to move Thunderbird data to Outlook has some limitations these are as follows:
- It may lead to data loss or data corruption
- It may not give the assurance of complete migration
- When the user move Thunderbird profile data manually, data hierarchy is not maintained
- Complex for non-technical users to perform manual migration
#2 Professional Solution to Import Thunderbird Profile to Outlook 2019 & Below Versions
To overcome all the limitations of the manual method, it is suggested to use a trusted MBOX to PST Converter. It is one of the best professional utilities that can perform the migration of multiple files/folders containing emails from Thunderbird profiles to Outlook 2019/ 2016/ 2013/ 2010/ 2007 without any data loss.
Some of the advantageous features of the tool are given below:
- Import all emails from selected Thunderbird files or folders
- Outlook installation is not required
- Compatible with all versions of Windows OS i.e. 10/8.1/8/7, etc.
- Simple & Easy Graphical User Interface
Import Thunderbird Profile to Outlook with 4 Simple Steps:
- Step 1: Run the software and click “Add File”.
- Step 2: Select “Thunderbird” and click “Next”.
- Step 3: Choose a profile to import in Outlook.
- Step 4: Click “Export” to transfer Thunderbird data to Outlook.
Elaborate Steps with Screenshots for Profile Conversion
Step 1. Download & Install the software to import Thunderbird profile to Outlook
Step 2. Select Add File option to add single or multiple Thunderbird files with a manual selection
Step 3. Choose Thunderbird or a supported Email Application that is already installed on the machine
Step 4. Select the desired mode option from Default Profile Configured or Select File(s)/Folder from File System
Step 5. The preview of Thunderbird Emails & Attachments is shown to the user
Step 6. Select Export All Folder option to export all Thunderbird files at a time otherwise select Export Selected Folders
Step 7. Then, click on PST to convert Thunderbird profile to PST
Step 8. Select the Destination location & hit the OK button
Step 9. Click on the Export button to start the process.
Step 10. Import the PST file(s) in Microsoft Outlook using its File > Open & Export >Import/Export feature.
Nowadays, exchanging emails between different email clients is common in business. Some use MS Outlook while others prefer Mozilla Thunderbird or any other email client. Different email clients save their mailbox data in different file formats. However, at times users need to import Thunderbird profile to Outlook 2019 or below versions either for gaining advanced features or to open emails in Outlook. Therefore, considering all the requirements of the users here we have provided the best solution which helps users to migrate or convert these profile folders to Outlook 2019/ 2016/ 2013/ 2010/ 2007.
Also Read: How to Import Thunderbird to Office 365