Get Rid of “Windows Detected a Hard Disk Failure” Error Message
Have you ever met with an instance wherein your computer suddenly prompts an error message showing “Windows detected a hard disk failure”? If yes, then do not worry, we will help you know the possible reasons and its appropriate solution to resolve hard disk problem error message.
Reasons for Windows Detected a Hard Disk Failure Error
- Occurrence of Mechanical or Logical Error: A hard disk failure threats data security. Hence, the system reports the error message to backup potential information.
- Virus Intrusion: Even if anti-virus is enabled, it sometimes fails to repair damages caused by the virus. As a result, it can harm your system leading to data loss.
- Damage to System files: An improper program installation, accidental deletion of files, improper PC shutdown, etc can corrupt the system files. Therefore, such error message prompts to prevent file loss.
- Human Errors: Any modification to system registry settings, improper installation of OS, attributes of system files and its location is altered, etc can cause Windows to warn a hard disk failure message.
How to Fix “Hard Disk Failure” Error Message?
Approach #1: Use System File Checker
Well, most of the users are not much aware of the basic tools offered by Windows to fix this error. The system file checker will help to check the system files and also handles integrity issues. Follow the steps and get rid of hard disk failure error message.
1. Firstly, type cmd in the search bar and right-click on it and choose Run as administrator
2. In the command window, type sfc /scannow and press the Enter key
Note: Ensure that you do not close the window until the Verification gets 100% complete.
This command will scan all the protected system files and also replaces the corrupted files with a backup copy.
Approach #2: Use of Chkdsk Command
If the first method didn’t work out, then try to use this method i.e., performing a chkdsk command.
The foremost function of chkdsk is to check and repair the errors from NTFS and FAT file systems. If the hard disk failure error message is caused by a file system error, then this chkdsk command will help this gets resolved.
1. Launch Command prompt and enter the drive letter of the partition in which you want to perform chkdsk(c:/d:/e:/f: and so on)
Limitation of Chkdsk Command: There is a risk of data loss while performing chkdsk command. This command leads to modification to the file system table. Therefore, it is suggested to backup your data before executing this command.
How to Disable Hard Drive Failure Error Message?
After carrying out the above procedure to fix the error message. If still, windows prompt the error message on your computer, then one can disable this reporting of error message. Before disabling, make sure that there is no such hard disk problem on your computer.
- Initially, type gpedit.msc in the search field and press Enter
- Now, go to Administrative Templates>> System >> Troubleshooting and Diagnostics >> Disk Diagnostics
- Then, click Disc Diagnostic: Configure execution level and disable it
- Now, click on Apply and then OK
- Restart the computer and you may see that error won’t prompt again
What If Any Unexpected Hard Disk Failure Occurs?
When any potential hard disk or system failure occurs, it is advised to take backup of your data. This will ensure that even if any damage to the disk occurs, the copy of backup files can be utilized. Therefore, it is smart to backup your data in advance.
To take backup, one needs to selectively copy and paste single files and documents individually into some other secure storage devices. In case to backup the entire hard drive data, the manual process of archiving will consume a lot of time. So, use some reliable professional tool to archive your crucial tool within a short span of time.
And, the Perfect Method For Instant Backup Process Is…
Hard Drive Data Recovery tool is an advanced software, which is capable to recover corrupted or permanently deleted files from any hard drive. It can efficiently perform the backup process to the desired location. Even if the files from the drive got deleted, it can smoothly recover the deleted files. It can also support Raw data recovery from internal and external hard drive.
How to Backup Data Using this Tool?
- Launch the software and select the required scan option i.e., Scan and Formatted scan
- After the scan process gets completes, all the folders can be viewed in the left panel
- In order to view and save the files, select the folder from the left panel. It shows all the files, including the deleted files which are highlighted in red color
- Now, select the files and click on Save to store the copy of files which can be used for backup purpose
- Browse and select the desired folder to save the files. By this, the entire files and folders from the drive is archived successfully
Let’s Wrap Up
Whenever Windows detects any hard disk failure, use the common techniques that have discussed in this blog. In order to prevent any loss of data, it is advised to backup your data in advance. Although, one can manually archive the data, but is quite tedious and exhausting. Hence, make use of Hard Drive Data Recover for data backup, which can be easily installed on all versions of Windows.