Import CSV Contacts to Outlook – 100% Working Solution Explained
If you also want to import CSV contacts to Outlook but are not able to, you have come to the right page to get answers to your questions.
There are a few issues that you might go through while trying to move your Excel supported file to Outlook. These are listed below:
• Contacts imported as .csv are not visible in Outlook Contacts
• Not all contacts are being imported to Outlook
• Facing an error of CSV file not correct during the import process
• After completing the import process, you find out nothing has been moved
• Information of certain contacts missing
Now, there are solutions to import CSV contacts to Outlook 2010, 2016, 2019 that we are going to explain below.
Here, we have the perfect solution for you to perform the import procedure. This solution is recommended by the experts for both techies and non-techies. You will not have any trouble understanding how this tool works.
We are going to explain the process in the easiest and simplest way possible. Let’s now jump right into it.
What Are the Measures to Import CSV Contacts to Outlook?
There are two things that you are supposed to in order to complete the process of import. First of all, you have to convert your Excel supported files containing contacts to VCF file.
After doing so, you will have to import the resultant files into Outlook. The steps for both the tasks will be explained thoroughly in the following section.
Perfect Solution to Import CSV Contacts to Outlook 2010, 2016, 2019
This solution will explain how you can first convert your Excel files to VCF in the easiest way possible. Use this Excel to VCF Converter software to perform the first stage of the process.
You can export multiple Excel contacts at once to vCard file format with the help of this software. There is also an option to create a single VCF file for every contact and import empty mail addresses during the process.
This software is compatible with Windows OS 10 and below versions.
Important Note: If you are not able to move your contacts from Excel file to Outlook on Mac, you can go for the CSV Contacts to VCF for Mac Tool.
Let’s now check out what are the steps for the conversion process.
How to Import CSV Contacts to Outlook?
The process has two stages to it. Find out the steps for the first stage.
First Stage – Convert Excel Supported Contact Files to VCF
1. First of all, download the software and hit the Browse button to choose the MS Excel file that you want to import.
2. All the files will be displayed on your screen, choose the required file and click Open and hit Next.
3. Map the Excel contact files to match with the vCard files. For that, select the Excel Fields option and the vCard Fields option.
4. After that, choose the vCard version 2.1/ 3.0/ 4.0 and mark the Create Single vCard checkbox.
5. Choose a destination location for the resultant file by clicking on the Change button and hit Convert.
Once you have converted and saved the Excel contact files, move to the next stage to complete the process to import CSV contacts to Outlook 2010, 2016, 2019.
Second Stage – Import Resultant Files to Outlook
Perform the following steps to complete the process:
1. To initiate this process, launch Outlook on Windows OS desktop and hit File.
2. From there, select the Open and Export and click on the Import/Export option.
3. Now, from the Import and Export Wizard press the Import a vCard File (.vcf) field and hit Next.
4. Select the Browse button to navigate for the location where the converted files are saved and press Open and hit Next.
5. Your files will start importing and as soon as the process is complete, you will find that your imported contacts are now synchronized with Outlook Contacts.
These are the two easy stages of the process.
Features of the Wizard to Import CSV Contacts to Outlook
1. Choose the Destination Path – This software to convert the excel supported contact files to vCard file format will save the exported files to the desktop by default.
In case you want to save the resultant file at your desired destination location, you can also do so by browsing for the path.
2. Map All Fields Option – There is an option to move details of each column to VCF fields. Once all the Excel files are loaded, you will see a drop-down menu containing the list of all the columns.
Choose the column that you want from the drop-down menu of Excel and vCard fields and map them accordingly while you import CSV contacts to Outlook 2010, 2016, 2019.
3. Live Progress Report – The tool offers an option to check the real time conversion report of the process after it is completed.
This feature shows the users all the contacts that have empty mail addresses from all the contacts and the contacts that need to be converted.
4. Empty Mail Address Import Option – During the import process, you will see an option to import empty mail addresses.
You just have to mark the checkbox against the feature and the contacts having email address fields as empty will also be imported.
There are a few causes due to which users may want to import CSV Contacts to Outlook but are not able to as there may not be useful solutions to perform the task.
Here, we have fully explained stages to go through the export process without having to waste a lot of time looking for other processes.