How Do I Import My Old Email into Gmail? Learn the Solutions Quickly
As we have noticed, there is a huge amount of users who have not yet received suitable solutions to their query: How do I import my old email into Gmail? This query is asked by a lot of users all around the world for various email clients such as Outlook, Thunderbird, etc. Since emails could be of any format say EML, PST, MBOX, etc. you should be able to import them from any email client to Gmail without going through any troubles.
Gmail, as known, is one of the mostly used email service offering free storage to save the emails in the mailbox. Yet, there is a good amount of users who do not have an account on Gmail and have been using other email clients since the start. But, in this case, we have found that some users want to import old emails into Gmail.
Even though they have knowledge about the import process, they have not found the right answers to their query. In here, we will be explaining only the successful and most reliable solutions to help users out in this situation. Find out these methods, check out the suitable one for your situation, and learn how it works in the required field.
Let’s get started!
How Do I Import My Old Email into Gmail Successfully with no Data Loss?
For a successful operation, you can make use of any of the methods as mentioned below depending on the format you have your emails as. The first one is a direct method if you have your data saved in Outlook accessible file i.e. PST;
2. For EML Files
– Convert EML Files in Outlook Data Format
– Import Resultant Files to Gmail Using the first method
– Convert MBOX Files as Outlook Data Files
– Export the End Result to Gmail Via first method
For MBOX files conversion, all the email clients that support MBOX files such as Thunderbird, Entourage, Apple mail, Eudora, etc. can use this method to convert their files first and then export them to Gmail quickly. Moving on to the first method.
Scenario 1 – Import Old Emails into Gmail for Outlook Data Files
This method is for those users who have their emails saved in PST file format and want to transfer them in their Gmail account. The process to be performed needs you to download the Outlook to Gmail Migration Tool (for Business Gmail). With the help of this software, you can import the ANSI, UNICODE, Secured, Corrupted, or network Outlook file to Gmail.
There is an option to move single or multiple files to Gmail all in a single shot. Also, click on the Add Folder option to add the folder containing Outlook data files to the software. The tool also offers a Date-Filter to perform selective data exportation as per your choice.
Let’s start with the working steps of the tool to import old emails into Gmail;
1. Download the software and launch it on your desktop. Click on the Add File(s) option.
2. Select the files you want to add and click on Open button. Hit Next.
3. Click on the Login button after entering the credentials for the PST files.
4. Set the Date-Filter for the emails and click on the Apply button.
5. Set filters for folders and attachments if required and hit Export.
Only a few clicks here and there and the process for exportation will be completed quickly. Let’s get going to the method for importing EML files.
Scenario 2 – Moving the EML Files
In here, you will find the method to be divided in two stages; first being the conversion method and second one explaining exportation process of the resultant files. Diving right into the stages;
Stage 1 – Convert EML Files to Outlook Data Files
Get the answer for how do I import my old email into Gmail for EML file format by downloading the EML to PST Converter. This software will easily migrate all the EML messages and convert them into Outlook supported file format in bulk. Multiple EML files conversion is made possible by this tool while keeping the email formatting and attributes maintained.
The on-disk folder hierarchy is preserved during the conversion process and there is also an option to migrate selective EML files. Find the steps for this process as discussed below:
1. Install the software and click on the file(s) or folder you want to add in the software dashboard.
2. Click on the Export Selected button after marking the emails that you want to export.
3. Choose the export type as PST to import old emails into Gmail and apply the Advance Settings as per requirement.
4. Select the Browse button to set a destination location for the end results. Click on Make New Folder option and hit Ok.
5. Mark the Create PST for Each Folder option and click on the Export button to end the procedure.
Stage 2 – Importing the Resultant Files
Once you have the PST files, you can import them to your Gmail account by following the steps as explained in first method to import Outlook data files to Gmail. This tool also has an option to split the PST file if so needed.
For users having MBOX files, skip to the next method.
Scenario 3 – Export Emails in MBOX File Format
This method to import old emails into Gmail has been segregated in two stages. The first one is the conversion method that will help users having MBOX files from any email client to convert them to Outlook accessible file format and then import them to Gmail. For getting started, you need to download the MBOX to PST Converter that supports conversion in bulk. The conversion process will be performed safely by this tool while keeping the data maintained.
It also offers an option to merge multiple MBOX files and provides the feature to create a PST for each file. This software is compatible with Windows versions 10, 8.1, 8, and 7. Now, getting to the steps to convert the MBOX files.
Stage 1 – Convert MBOX to Required Format
1. Launch the software on your desktop and hit the Add File option.
2. Mark the Select file(s)/folder from file system option and click Next to import old emails into Gmail in MBOX format.
3. Select the … option to browse for the MBOX files, choose the files, hit Open and Process.
4. Check the emails you want to convert and right-click on them. Hit Export button.
5. Choose PST option as export type and click on the Change button to select a destination location.
6. Complete the process by clicking the Export button.
Stage 2 – Exporting End Results to Gmail
Now, once the process is finished, the end results will be saved on the desired location. To move these files to your Gmail account, you can go through the steps of the first method and import the results.
We have answered the query: “how do I import my old email into Gmail?” as easily and in simpler ways as possible. There are no methods that can save you as much time as these tools that we have discussed above. All the methods are capable of keeping the data maintained, safe, and secure while exporting it to Gmail or during the conversion.