Archive Gmail Emails in Outlook With Contacts, Calendar & Attachments
Are you running out of Gmail space? If yes, then maybe you can archive Gmail emails in Outlook. This way you can make space in your inbox for new emails and access the old email in desktop Outlook.
Most Gmail users don’t bother about the Gmail space and keep on stacking emails. The issue arises when Gmail starts running out of space. If you are facing the same issue, then don’t sweat.
Here, in this article, we are gonna explain to you the best possible ways for archiving Gmail emails and how to import them into MS Outlook account.
Note: If you don’t have outlook installed on your system, you can still archive Gmail emails into Outlook supported file format, i.e., PST.
Before proceeding with the solution, first, get clarity about the archive methods.
Difference Between Gmail Archive & Archiving?
Gmail provides a separate mailbox named “Archive Mailbox”. This mailbox is used to store unwanted and less important emails. Gmail users can click on the archive option in a mail and those emails will be removed from the inbox to archive mailbox.
However, the emails stored in the archive mailbox still take the Gmail storage space. Therefore, it is not recommended to use the Gmail archive option to get some storage space instead go for the solutions to archive Gmail emails in Outlook.
Whereas, archiving is a process of downloading emails from the server, so that users can access them whenever needed. The one way to archive Gmail emails is by saving them in MS Outlook. This way users will always have access to old emails from its system.
Also Read: How to Archive G Suite Emails?
How to Archive Gmail Emails in Outlook?
The one way to archive emails from Gmail into MS Outlook is by using taking Gmail backup to PC in required format and then importing PST file into your Outlook.
Another method is quite a handful but it’s completely free to use – taking the help of MS Outlook application to sync Gmail account in Outlook and then user import and export option to archive Gmail emails.
Solution #1: Use Automated Tool to Archive Gmail Emails
The best way for archiving emails from Gmail and clear up space from Gmail account is by taking the help of an automated tool like Gmail backup software.
The automated tool can archive as well as delete the email from the Gmail server to free up some space. Later you can import the archived emails into your MS Outlook account. The best thing is, during the archive process, it isn’t necessary to have MS Outlook installed on the system you are taking backup on.
Apart from just an email archive, an automated tool allows you to save contacts and calendars from the Gmail account too. You can have access to your emails, contacts & calendars of your Gmail account in MS Outlook also.
Let’s take a look at the steps to archive Gmail emails in Outlook:
Step 1: First Archive Gmail Emails Locally
1. Download the automated tool and launch it on your system.
2. Provide the Gmail id and password for login into the tool and authenticate for the validation and permission to archive Gmail emails.
3. Once the authentication is finished, click on the Activate button to get the full version of the tool, else skip this to continue with the demo version.
4. From the main tool window, select the category of items such as emails, contacts, and calendars, etc.
5. Choose the email-format as PST to archive Gmail emails in Outlook supported file format.
6. Next, browse the location where you wish to save the archived emails.
7. Now, click on the “Delete After Download” button to delete the archived emails from the Gmail server. It will allow you to get some space in your Gmail account.
8. Go to the Apply Filter tab, here you can select the particular folder that you wish to archive. Also, use a date-range filter for selective data export.
9. Finally, click on the “Start” button to begin archiving the emails.
Once the archiving is finished, the tool will prompt about completion. Now, you are all set to import the resultant archive Gmail emails in Outlook account for offline access.
Step 2: Import Archived Emails into MS Outlook
1. Open MS Outlook application, first click on the “File” tab.
2. In the file menu, choose the “Open and Export” option and then click on the “Import/Export” option.
3. Now, inside the import/export wizard window, you will get a bunch of options. Click on the “Import from a program or file” option from the list.
4. In import wizard, select “Outlook data file (.pst)” from the list.
5. Browse the archived file from step 1 and select the desired option from below.
6. Finally, select the Outlook mailbox, where you wish to save the archive emails from Gmail.
And you are done! Why using the above step you have successfully archived emails into MS Outlook and got some space in your Gmail account.
Solution 2: Use MS Outlook to Archive Gmail Emails in Outlook
Note: This method doesn’t automatically delete emails and using this method you cannot archive contacts, calendar with emails.
Using this method, you can synchronize your Gmail account with MS Outlook and then use the export option to export Gmail emails in PST format. Once the archive process is complete, use Step 2 mentioned above to import archived emails in Outlook.
After completion of the archiving process, login into your Gmail account and manually delete the emails that you wish to delete from the Gmail server.
This article provides the best possible way to archive Gmail emails in Outlook for safekeeping. You can read both the methods and choose the method that suits your need the best. For free testing of the recommended automated tool use its demo version first. It will allow you to archive the first 100 emails and 25 other items into the desired file format.