Archive Lotus Notes Emails to Local Disk – Two Best Ways
If you are seeking how to archive Lotus Notes emails to a local disk, then it is time to rejoice for you. Here in this write-up, we are going to discuss the best way to archive Lotus Notes emails to a local drive. So keep reading this blog or bookmark this blog for future reference.
Well, we know that Lotus Notes is an email client that is developed by IBM. It is one of the preferable email clients by many business professionals because it offers various functions like instant messaging, emails, contacts management, team room, and many others.
Moreover, we know that the stack of huge data is very hard to handle, and also it affects the overall performance if the email client. Hence, there are many users who want to save all their emails from IBM Notes to a local drive.
Now, before going towards the procedure to archive Lotus Notes emails to a local drive let’s discuss the benefits and needs of the archiving
Reasons Why Users Needs Archive File of Lotus Notes?
- There are many users who want to move their Lotus Notes mailbox emails to a new machine, then it is required to save the emails on a local disk to transfer them to another system.
- In the situation of email client migration from Lotus Notes email client to any other application like Outlook, then users need a locally saved file to import Lotus Notes emails to he should move his emails directly with the help of the import option from his local machine.
- Archiving Lotus Notes emails locally also helps you to recover data in the case of data loss and corruption.
- Many users want to view Lotus Notes emails without Lotus Notes. So, in that case, users need the locally saved Lotus Notes emails.
How to Archive Lotus Notes Emails to Local Disk?
To archive HCL Notes here in this section we are going to discuss two best methods to complete the task without any data loss. So go through and pick out the best one for you.
#Technique 1:Create a Lotus Notes Archive
If you are seeking for a perfect and free method to archive Lotus Notes emails to local disk, then here in this section we are going to show the complete step-by-step process. Just yo have to follow the below steps:
- Firstly, you have to run Lotus Notes and click on the Action Option
- After that, choose the Archive option and then choose to Create Criteria.
- Now, to create an archive folder enter the name of the folder
- Always make sure to click on Enable the criteria checkbox
- Now, choose the Selection Criteria option
- Select the files that you want to archive then click on the OK
- From automatic archiving, you can select the Schedule tab
- Click on Actions and then choose the Archive option
- After that click on the Archive Now.
- Now, from the pop-up window select Yes to archive Lotus Notes email to local disk
#Technique 2: Download Lotus Notes as EML Format
If you don’t want to archive Lotus Notes emails to local disk but you want all your Lotus Notes in one place in your machine, then here in this section we are going to discuss the free solution to download Lotus Notes emails locally.
- Launch your Lotus Notes on your machine
- Go to the File option then choose Save As option.
- Select the destination location to save to NSF files.
- At last click on the save button to download Lotus Notes emails in your machine
Smart Way to Download Lotus Notes Emails to Local Disk
The above-described free methods are well capable enough to create an archive and download emails of Lotus Notes emails to the local disk. But the above methods have some limitations such as you can only download emails in EML. Also, you have to repeat the process again and again till you have downloaded all your emails.
So in that situation, automated tool i.e., NSF to EML Converter tool. This tool is well capable to download Lotus Notes emails in three file formats such as EML, MSG, and MBOX. Along with emails this tool also export contacts and calendar data too. So, using this tool users can easily save emails from Lotus Notes to hard drive The tool support all versions of Lotus Notes and Windows Operating System
Working Steps of the Tool
1. First, download and run the tool on your machine
2. Choose the Export Option as per your requirement
3. Now, select the Advance Conversion options as per requirement
4. Choose the destination location to save the resultant file.
5. At last click on the Export button to start the process
There are lots of users who looking for a way to archive Lotus Notes emails to a local disk but due to a lack of knowledge, they are not able to complete the task. Therefore here in this blog, we have discussed the top two ways to download Lotus Notes emails to the local disk. In addition, if you think that the manual method is time-consuming, then here we have also discussed the automated way to complete the task.