Easy Tricks to Attach MDF File Along With Different Name in SQL Server
Summary: Are you searching for a quick method to attach MDF file with different name in SQL Server? If the answer is yes, then continue reading the upcoming segment of this blog as we have mentioned prominent solutions on how you can connect MDF file to SQL Server quickly.
MS SQL Server is an essential platform for storing and managing all the critical business data. It is the best and successful relational database application that provides highly integrated services to manipulate the database over the server.
Moreover, it uses different types of database files – MDF file (primary database file), which is utilized to save all the data including components tables, views, stored procedures, functions, triggers, indexes, and so on. While another is a transaction log or LDF file, which saves all the transactional information made on the database. Sometimes users want to restore MDF file with different name due to some reason. But this task can be a big headache for some users. Therefore in this post, we are going to discuss a simple approach that will help users to attach MDF file with different name easily. So, without any further ado let’s get started-
Know-How to Attach MDF File With Different Name in SQL Server
SQL Database Recovery tool is the professional solution to connect SQL database with different name. Not only that, the software recover and restore the lost, damaged, and corrupted data from MDF files. Also, you can easily recover deleted records in SQL Server. The tool support database files of SQL server 2019, 2017, 2016, 2014, 2012, and all previous versions.
Furthermore, the application’s graphical interface is so simple and easy to use that all types of SQL users use it without any assistance from an expert.
Procedural Guide to Attach MDF File With Different Name in SQL Server
1. Download and install and launch the tool on your Windows system.
2. Next, load the database MDF file that you want to restore with a new name.
3. Select the scan option from (Quick Scan or Advanced Scan) if the database is suffering from severe corruption, use Advanced Scan otherwise use quick scan. Also, choose the MDF version either manually or automatically and Click on the OK button attach MDF file with different name in SQL Server.
4. Next, the tool will display the complete database of the MDF file for previewing. After this, click on Export button.
5. From the Export window select the SQL Server Database option and choose Server Name and Authentication mode. If you are using SQL Server Authentication, then enter valid Credentials of SQL Server.
6. Now, choose to Create New Database option and add a different name for the database you want to attach.
7. Now, choose the database items. Then, hit the Export button to begin the process.
Also Read: How to Remove Database from Suspect Mode in SQL Server
In this piece of information, we have briefly discussed a simple way to attach MDF file with different name in SQL Server. Users can implement this solution for SQL Server 2019, 2017, 2016, 2014, 2012, and others versions without any extra effort. For the prior evaluation, you can download its free trial version to check all its and working steps.