Effective Tips to Remove Database from Suspect Mode in SQL Server
There are times when you try to access your database, and find out it is gone into the suspect mode which makes your data inaccessible, also restricts you to perform any transactions.
Why does this happen? What are the reasons behind going your database into the suspect mode? And how to remove database from suspect mode in SQL server ? The solution to all these queries is discussed in the further section. So, let’s find out!
What is a Suspect Mode?
Whenever SQL Server finds any database suspicious, it marks it as “Suspect” and puts database into suspect mode. There can be several reasons behind any database getting suspicious. The major reasons are, corruption in the database files, log files getting damaged, hardware and software failures, sudden shutdown of the database server and many other factors are also responsible for this issue.
Note: If you are want to Repair SQL database from suspect mode then the user can take the help of an automated solution. This will remove the corruption issues and allows the user to recover SQL database in suspect mode. Also this application supports the SQL Server version 2019 and below.
Why Do We Need to Remove Database from Suspect Mode
If your database files have gone into the suspect mode, then it is not a good news for the user. The suspect mode forbids users to open or access their database file. As a repercussion of this phenomena, user becomes unable to perform transactions as well.
- Any kind of corruption detected by SQL Server in the database file.
- If the hard disk is running out of space.
- Due to missing / corrupted log files.
- If SQL is not able to execute the roll back or roll forward operation.
- If Hardware or software database corruption has occurred in SQL server.
- Any kind of virus attacks.
- Sudden shut down of the system while the SQL server is running some task.
Note: As a fact, it is seen that there are 85% chances of database going into suspect mode due to improper shutdown.”
Although we cannot directly control SQL server to take away our database file from suspect mode, there are some prevention hacks and solutions to recover SQL database in suspect mode.
Follow these tips to repair SQL database from Suspect Mode:
- Always keep your hard disk free in space. A full disk space tends to be the major reason behind causing corruption in the database files.
- Make a habit to create backups every now and then.
- Make sure to properly shut down your system.
- Always keep a check on your log files.
Now what if you got to face the suspect mode tragedy anyway?
Here are the techniques to tackle the suspect mode issue and successfully recover your database files, described in the below section.
How to Recover Database from Suspect Mode in SQL Server
Now, if the file is already trapped in the suspect mode, you must follow some methods to repair SQL database from suspect mode.
- Manual Solution – Emergency Mode (Risky Approach)
Here is manual way to sort out the problem. But keep in mind that you can’t retain the complete data with this method, as it inherits the trait of data loss.
Step1. Turn off the suspect flag and Set the status of your database to Emergency mode.
Syntax: EXEC sp_resetstatus ‘db_name’;
ALTER DATABASE Database Name SET EMERGENCY
Step2. Now look for any inconsistencies via DBCC CHECKDB(”); command.
Syntax: DBCC checkdb(‘DatabaseName’)
Step3. Now Bring the database into Single User Mode and Rollback the previous Transactions.
Syntax: ALTER DATABASE database_name SET SINGLE_USER WITH ROLLBACK IMMEDIATE
Step4. Now Take the complete backup of the database
Step5. Repair the database with DBCC CHECKDB Repair Allow data loss command.
Syntax: DBCC CHECKDB (‘database_name’, REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS)
Step6. Now bring the database to Multi-user mode.
Syntax: ALTER DATABASE database_name SET MULTI_USER
Note: In case of data loss the user can restore from the backup available. ( Step 4)
This method is in-built and ends up with losing data, which is a huge risk. So, is there an alternative to this method? Move ahead to the professional solution to recover database from Suspect Mode.
Professional Solution – 0% Data Loss, 100% Security
SQL Database Recovery is the expert solution to remove the database from suspect mode in SQL Server. Not just this, the tool recovers lost tables, rules, triggers, functions, and much more. The software is capable to instantly recover and repair the database in SQL Server version 2019, 2016, 2014, 2012 / 2008, etc.
Some Basic Features of the tool are:
1. The software recovers database files by repairing SQL functions, views, tables, rules etc.
2. Provides two Scanning modes for both the minor and major database corruption: Quick & Advanced mode.
3. Recovers deleted SQL records as well as SQL Database objects.
4. The tool works with Primary as well as Foreign key recovery.
5. Provides recovery with Schema and Data+Schema options
6. Software auto-detects the SQL Server version of the database files.
7. Tool also supports the advanced data types i.e.; hierarchyid, Datetime2, geography & geometry, sql_varient etc.
Follow the Steps to Remove Database from Suspect Mode
1. Install and Run the Application on your System.
2. Browse the MDF file, Choose Advanced Scan option, and also select the SQL Server version.
3. Preview the Corrupted SQL Database objects.
4. After the suspect database recovery Click on Export button to Export the database to SQL Server environment, .sql scripts, CSV Format.
Concluding to a proper solution to remove database from suspect mode, we figured out the two best methods. And for avoiding any sort of data loss, user may opt for SQL Recovery Tool. Users can pick any one solution according to their convenience and repair SQL database in suspect mode without any trouble..