How to Convert Excel Contact List to CSV?
Excel is one of the most used programs that is developed by Microsoft and it comes with the Microsoft Office bundle Now, MS Excel by default saves its file in XLSX file format. But sometimes users want to convert Excel contact list to CSV format.
The above screenshot is the proof of the user query and this is not the single one during our research of this blog we have found there are many user queries regarding this issue on the various forums.
Now, if you are one of them who save their contacts to Excel and want to convert them to the CSV file then you are in the right place, here in this blog we are going to discuss the methods that will help you complete the task of convert Excel contacts list to CSV.
Basically, Excel is the spreadsheet program where one can save data in the tabular form which is easy to analyze. Hence many users save the contacts list to Excel files so that they can easily analyze them.
But the limitation of Excel files is that you need MS Excel to open the file and if you do not have then it is quite a difficult task to do. On the other hand, CSV which is also known as Comma Separated Value is OS and software independent file format and is widely used among many users.
Now, before going towards the solution part let’s have a look at the part of the reason!
Why Users Want to Convert Excel Contact List to CSV
Here in this section, we are going to discuss some major reasons that are responsible for this conversion.
- The very first reason for the dependency on software to open and edit the file.
- Sharing of the CSV file is more covenant, than Excel file.
- CSV files consume less space so it’s the first choice of the backup file for many users.
Now, we know the reason so let’s move toward the solution part!
Manual Method to Convert Excel Contact File to CSV Format
Yes, you read it right that there is a free method available that helps you convert Excel spreadsheet contacts list to CSV. But to complete this process there is a need for an MS Excel application. Because as we si above that to open Excel file you need software. Now, without further ado let’s jump to the steps:
- First Open the MS Excel application
- Now, click on the File option and choose the Open
- After this Browse the Excel file that you want to open
- Once the Excel contacts file is open again click on the File option
- After this choose the Save As option
- Select the destination location to save the file also choose Comma Separated Value (CSV) option from Save File as Type
- Once the file saving process is over go to the destination location to view files.
Drawbacks of the Manual Method
Well, the above process is a nice approach of convert the Excel contacts list to CSV but as we said that it is only feasible when you have MS Excel installed on your system. Also, the above process is a one-by-one process so in the case of multiple file conversion, this method is quite time-winded.
Now, the question is that what is the right way to achieve this result? Well to know the answer keep reading the blog because you are so close to knowing the right approach to complete the task.
Best Automatic Solution to Convert Excel Contact List to CSV File
As we said you are so close to knowing the answer to the question so here in this section we are going to introduce the tool that will convert multiple Excel files to CSV. Try Excel Converter Tool, it is one the best tool and is suggested by many professionals.
This tool is capable to save any number of Excel files into various file formats such as PST, PDF, HTML, and TXT. Along with this the tool also converts excel contacts to VCF(vCard) and you using this feature users can easily import contacts from Excel to Android phones. The above amazing tool was also developed for Mac users. So if you are seeking a way to convert the Mac Excel contacts list to CSV, then you can try this tool.
Also Learn: Import Contacts from Excel to Google Contacts
Steps to Convert Excel Contacts File to CSV Format
- First, Download and Install the software on your machine
- Once the installation is over open the took and click on the Browse button to add the PST file
- After adding the file you will be able to view all the contact that is saved in an Excel spreadsheet
- Now, choose the CSV option from the Export Option to convert Excel contacts list to CSV
- Choose the Standard CSV option under Apply Setting option
- Select the Destination location to save the resultant file
- After this Map the Fields manually or click on the Auto Map option
- At last, after settings click on the Export button to complete the conversion.
Well, it is time to wrap up the write-up because we have discussed all the methods that will help you to convert Excel contacts list to CSV. Here you will find both free as well as an automated method to complete the same.