How to Convert Excel Spreadsheet to iPhone Contacts?
Microsoft Excel has always been considered a better place to manage a large number of contacts. However, the contact list is always the biggest valuable asset in any business so, it needs to be managed in a proper way. Having a proper track of all contacts everywhere you go has become the topmost requirement of people. Therefore, users mostly query how to import contacts for faster access to them whenever required is answered here.
MS Excel saved everyone when it came to managing large numbers of contacts. Contact information is considered the most valuable asset for any business and must be protected and managed. Keeping track of all your contacts is extremely important these days. It may take a while for the Excel spreadsheet to open. Therefore, users mainly ask questions like how to transfer Excel contacts to iPhone contacts for fast access anywhere and anytime.
Table of Contents
- Manual Approach to Convert Excel Spreadsheet to iPhone Contacts
- Part 1: How to Save Excel Spreadsheet to Comma Separated File Format?
- Part 2: How to Convert Excel File to iPhone Contacts After Conversion?
- Professional Software to Convert Excel Spreadsheet to iPhone Contacts
- How to Convert Excel Spreadsheet to iPhone Contacts Via Tool?
- Part 3: Import Results to iPhone via iCloud
- Part 4: Transfer Contacts from Excel to iPhone Without iCloud
Manual Approach to Convert Excel Spreadsheet to iPhone Contacts
MS Excel stores all contacts either in XLSX or XLS format, which is not supported by any mobile device. This is the reason users looking for methods that let them export contacts from Excel to iPhone. Before discussing the proper solution for the same, let me make one thing very clear there is no direct solution available to do it. In order to transfer contacts from Excel to iPhone, a user needs to follow the steps instructions discussed below:
Part 1: How to Save Excel Spreadsheet to Comma Separated File Format?
By default, Microsoft Excel saves the spreadsheet in XLS or XLSX format but offers several other options also. As these two formats are not supported by iPhone, a user is suggested to save an Excel spreadsheet in Comma-separated file format. Now, to do the same, follow the below-mentioned steps to start the process to add contacts to iPhone from Excel:
- Open the spreadsheet containing the contact list that you want to move to your iPhone
- After that, go to the File tab and choose Save As an option
- Then, in Save as type section, you need to select the (Comma delimited) option
- Now, give any desired name to your spreadsheet in the File name: section
- At last, click on the Save button to complete the process.
Now, once you have your Comma-separated file, follow the method below to export Excel to iPhone contacts using vCard format.
Part 2: How to Convert Excel File to iPhone Contacts After Conversion?
To resolve the user queries about how to import contacts from Excel to iPhone, a user needs to convert the Excel file to vCard or VCF format. However, a user can do it manually also with help of import and export features of Windows Contacts. But, there are limitations to using it, which are listed below:
- It creates vCard with version 2.1. which is not supported by iCloud.
- It generates a separate VCF file for each contact in a comma-separated file format file.
- Managing & moving a large number of vCard files becomes difficult.
Professional Software to Convert Excel Spreadsheet to iPhone Contacts
To avoid all such limitations, a user is suggested to take the help of some professional solution. The tool to transfer Excel contacts to iPhone is the Best Excel Contacts to VCF Converter Tool for Windows is an amazing application to import phone numbers from Excel to iPhone. It will easily convert your Excel contacts to iPhone in no time. The tool is tested with 40,000+ contacts and works perfectly so, the number of contacts can be converted limitation.
Moreover, the three different vCard versions (v2.1., v3.0., v4.0.) offered by the tool, a user can choose any of them for final output. A user is allowed to create a single VCF file also for all contacts. By default, the software will create a separate VCF file for each contact during the process to convert the Excel spreadsheet to iPhone contacts.
Also Read: How to Convert Excel Contact List to CSV
How to Convert Excel Spreadsheet to iPhone Contacts Via Tool?
The process of importing contacts from an Excel spreadsheet to your iPhone using the automated tool follow the easy steps given below:
- Download the wizard and click on the Browse button to navigate to the files
- Select the files and click on the Open button. The tool will start scanning the data. Hit Next once done
- Match the Excel Fields with the vCard Fields, press Add and click on the Next button
- Mark the options as per your convenience and choose the vCard version
- Click on the Change option to set a destination path and hit Convert button.
You will see that your data files containing the contacts have been converted and exported as VCF files carefully on your decided location. Now, to import these to the iPhone, go through the next segment.
Part 3: Import Results to iPhone via iCloud
After receiving iCloud-supported vCard, a user is suggested to import contacts from Excel to iPhone using iCloud by following the steps given below:
- Firstly, you have to log in to your iCloud account
- Next, click on the Contacts option from the home page
- After that, go to the Gear icon and choose the Import vCard option
- Then, you can Browse the exported vCard and click the Open button to import it
- Now, go to the destination location of the resultant .vcf file and verify that it is imported successfully
- After that, go to the Settings app on your iPhone
- Choose your name and your iCloud account
- After that, you need to Turn on Contacts and click on the Merge option to import contacts from the Excel spreadsheet to your iPhone.
Part 4: Transfer Contacts from Excel to iPhone Without iCloud
This method is especially for users who don’t want to use iCloud to upload contacts to their iPhone from Excel. Follow the easy steps below to import contacts to iPhone from Excel using a converted vCard file:
Step-1. First, connect your iPad or iPhone to your Mac and launch the iTunes application. The device icon will eventually show up in the top-left corner of the screen.
Step-2. As soon as your connected device appears in iTunes, click the device button, and then click file sharing on the panel to the side.
Step-3. You must choose the vCArd/VCF file in order to import contacts to your iPhone. Next, select Add in iTunes numbers documents list, and the spreadsheet document will be available.
Step-4. In the home screen click File >> browse, then click the last tap on my iPhone.
Step-5. Finally, open the imported document on your iPhone. To import Excel contacts to your iPhone
Step-6. Click the numbers folder, and then the process to add contacts from Excel to iPhone will begin.
Contacts maintained in an Excel spreadsheet are really important for users. Therefore, they always want to store them on their phonebook also. This is the reason, the blog will provide you with a complete and foolproof solution to convert Excel spreadsheets to iPhone contacts. It is one of the best ways to import Excel files to iPhone contacts and can be used by any user without any hassle.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Q-1. Will converting Excel contacts to iPhone format delete any existing contacts on my phone?
Ans. No, using the mentioned tool in this blog won’t delete your existing contacts. However, ensure you follow the steps carefully and always make a backup before performing any major data operations.
Q-2. Can I convert contacts from other platforms, like Google or Outlook, to iPhone using the same method?
Ans. Yes, the process is similar. Export your contacts from the respective platform in CSV format and convert them by using the tool mentioned in our blog and follow the steps mentioned earlier for importing contacts to your iPhone through iCloud or without iCloud.
Q-3. Is there a limit to the number of contacts I can import to my iPhone using this method?
Ans. While there is no strict limit, it’s advisable to manage contacts in reasonable batches to avoid potential synchronization issues. If you have a large or multiple contact list, you can easily batch-convert it to vCard by using the Excel file converter tool.
Q-4. Can I convert Excel files with images or special formatting to iPhone contacts?
Ans. The iPhone Contacts app primarily supports basic contact information such as names, numbers, and emails. Any special formatting or images in your Excel file may not be saved during the process of importing Excel contacts to your iPhone.