The Best Possible Way to Convert Excel Spreadsheet to iPhone Contacts
Microsoft Excel has always been considered a better place to manage a large number of contacts. However, the contact list is always the biggest valuable asset in any business so, it needs to be managed in a proper way. Having a proper track of all contacts everywhere you go has become the topmost requirement of people. Therefore, users mostly query how to import contacts for faster access to them whenever required is answered here.
A Reliable Approach to Convert Excel Spreadsheet to iPhone Contacts
MS Excel stores all contacts either in XLSX or XLS format, which is not supported by any mobile device. This is the reason users looking for methods that let them export contacts from Excel to iPhone. Before discussing the proper solution for the same, let me make one thing very clear there is no direct solution available to do it. In order to import a file to iPhone contacts, a user needs to follow the steps instructions discussed below:
Part 1: How to Save Excel Spreadsheet to Comma Separated File Format?
By default, Microsoft Excel saves the spreadsheet in XLS or XLSX format but offers several other options also. As these two formats are not supported by iPhone, a user is suggested to save an Excel spreadsheet in Comma-separated file format. Now, to do the same, follow the below-mentioned steps to start the process to convert Excel spreadsheet to iPhone contacts:
- Open the spreadsheet containing the contact list that you want to move to your iPhone.
- After that, go to the File tab and choose Save As an option.
- Then, in Save as type section, you need to select the (Comma delimited) option.
- Now, give any desired name to your spreadsheet in the File name: section.
- At last, click on the Save button to complete the process.
Now, once you have your Comma-separated file, follow the method to export these files in vCard format.
Part 2: How to Convert Excel Spreadsheet to iPhone Contacts After Conversion?
After saving the Excel sheet, a user needs to convert it to vCard or VCF format. However, a user can do it manually also with help of import and export features of Windows Contacts. But, there are limitations to using it, which are listed below:
- It creates vCard with version 2.1. which is not supported by iCloud.
- It generates a separate VCF file for each contact in a comma-separated file format file.
- Managing & moving a large number of vCard files becomes difficult.
The Professional Tool
To avoid all such limitations, a user is suggested to take the help of some professional solution. The tool to transfer Excel contacts to iPhone is the Best Excel Contracts to VCF Converter Tool for Windows is an amazing application for the same purpose. It will easily convert your Excel contacts to iPhone in no time. The tool is tested with 40,000+ contacts and works perfectly so, the number of contacts can be converted limitation.
Moreover, the three different vCard versions (v2.1., v3.0., v4.0.) offered by the tool, a user can choose any of them for final output. A user is allowed to create a single VCF file also for all contacts. By default, the software will create a separate VCF file for each contact during the process to convert the Excel spreadsheet to iPhone contacts.
How to Convert Excel Spreadsheet to iPhone Contacts Via Tool?
Following are the steps for it: 1. Download the wizard and click on the Browse button to navigate to the files.
2. Select the files and click on the Open button. The tool will start scanning the data. Hit Next once done.
3. Match the Excel Fields with the vCard Fields, press Add and click on the Next button.
4. Mark the options as per your convenience and choose the vCard version. Click on the Change option to set a destination path and hit Convert.
You will see that your data files containing the contacts have been converted and exported as VCF files carefully on your decided location. Now, to import these to iPhone, go through the next segment.
Part 3: Import Results to iPhone via iCloud
After receiving iCloud supported vCard, a user is suggested to import it to iPhone by following the steps given below:
- Firstly, you have to log in to your iCloud account
- Next, click on the Contacts option from the home page
- After that, go to the Gear icon and choose the Import vCard option
- Then, you can Browse the exported vCard and click the Open button to import it
- Now, go to the destination location of the resultant .vcf file and verify that it is imported successfully
- After that, go to the Settings app on your iPhone
- Choose your name and your iCloud account
- After that, you need to Turn on Contacts and click on the Merge option to import contacts from the Excel spreadsheet to iPhone.
Contacts maintained in an Excel spreadsheet are really important for users. Therefore, they always want to store them in their phonebook also. This is the reason, the blog will provide you with a complete and foolproof solution to convert Excel spreadsheet to iPhone contacts. It is one of the best ways to import Excel files to iPhone contacts and can be used by any user without any hassle.